Neusat Sp-6000

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I did the firmware also..My USALS is till off some. I'm able to hit every sat using 1.2 though

I have 29.5N and 97.9W in my USALS, my zip is 78155 I wonder if those are the right numbers?

Not really seems pretty close! You can off-set your USALS position by adding/subtracting 0.1º at a time see if it helps, try W, then E

Neat feature with the Traxis DBS 3500 is you can nudge the position EVEN when using USALS from the antenna setup screen. So its real easy to get the USALS crack on!

With the Neusat, you can bump it in in varying increments. IIRC, you can set it for 1, 2, 3 or continuous per key press.

However, if you aligned your true south sat properly at the start, the Neusat USALS should make your motor hit everything correctly. I accurately hit sats from AMC6 at 72w to IA7 at 129w using the Neusat, so far.

My true south is IA5... which USALS finds, though not exactly dead on. Can't seems to find any other sats with USALS. I had the same propblem with my Traxis 35, I use DiSEqC 1.2 and find my sats with that.

Gary Z said:
My true south is IA5... which USALS finds, though not exactly dead on. Can't seems to find any other sats with USALS. I had the same propblem with my Traxis 35, I use DiSEqC 1.2 and find my sats with that.
Since your othe rreceiver had the same issue, it seems like you need to physically tweak your dish for IA5. Once tweaked for your TS sat, it should hit all the other sats correctly. Or, your mount may not be plumb. Have you checked that?

Last edited:
I assume my pole is plum since I can get from 72w to 129w, I may take the receiver and a TV out there sometime to tweak it some but, I will just use DiSEqC 1.2 for now. :)

Mine goes away after a couple of secs. But, I find it better to leave it at 100%, and adjust the volume with the TV (or the AV receiver, if I'm watching the big screen, which I don't think I've done yet with FTA.)

Just curious, out of everyone that bought one, what are your thoughts? I like my unit, and have been using it as my main receiver. I do not like how when you blind scan, it re-writes the channel names (if you changed them that is) so then you have to go back and rename them. I like the looks of it, and the graphics and remote. I think the picture on my Fortec looks better though. I might go back to my Fortec as my main unit since it does not rewrite channel names in Blind Scan, and the Blind Scan is quicker.

I got my CS5K back yesterday. I've been scanning quite a bit since then. I definitely prefer the Coolsat over the Neusat. It scans faster, has a better picture, is nicer looking, and has a more intuative menu structure. Also, it allows much longer channel names. That is better for me, as I like to add the country or language to the foreign channel names.

In Neusat's favor: The Neusat does do a better job capturing the correct channel names from the sats. (The Coolsat often shows scanned channels as a generic number such as "TV1-11718") Also, the Coolsat picks up a lot of non-existent radio channels as "radio 20500" (or something like that).

Last edited:
The Neusat scans slower then my Traxis 3500, the Neusat seems to move from one satelite to the other faster then the Traxis. The volume bar on the Neusat stays there, when I first turn on the receiver it goes away after a few seconds like it is supposed to, but if the receiver is on for an hour or so it just stays there.

I set my the clock on the Neusat and it seems to keep time fairly well but when I go to the timer to schedule programs it says the date is Dec 1969... so the timer does not work all the time.

A big plus for me with the Neusat is when you hit OK to bring up the Channel list and then select the channel you want it does not move the dish to that channel until you hit OK again. The Traxis would begin moving with out hitting OK which meant that I would have to go though each channel on all the Satelites between the Channel I was watching and the one I want to watch, if I could remember the channel numbers I could enter them directly but everytime you blind scan your channel numbers change. As Larry said it rewrites the Channel names when it scans.

Both receivers have excellent pictures, with the Neusat I get big blocks when there is lots of movement on the screen though, I did not notice this with the Traxis.

I really like the Neusat, maybe Neusat will come out with a new factory firmware and fix some of the problems it has.

When Scanning IA8, the scan does not hang like it does on the Traxis... :)

Last edited:
I got mine now

I took the chance and purchased the Neusat too. That reduced price I think its worth it but I see the regular vendors selling this unit for triple the amount, I dont think its worth it for that amount. First impressions are good. I really like the Blind Search but its seem like it already picked the TP's for you. I don't know if you can put in a list of TPs and let the unit blind search them. I think the video out of this unit is pretty good on most channels. I think if you see any anomalies its probably the broadcaster. I was watching a soccer game and I saw no pixelation as the previous poster saw. The video held up. I did see on some channels when fading to black then to video some pixelation.
I did not get the chance to try to get a PAL feed to see how well it converts to NTSC yet, I will do that this weekend I hope.
I am sure to come back with more as I get use to the menus and features.

I did get an email if I wanted to get a replacement warranty for three years. I wondering if anyone got that email too?

neftv said:
I did get an email if I wanted to get a replacement warranty for three years. I wondering if anyone got that email too?
yes I got the e-mail too. Seems like a scam to me. I've had a couple boxes for 3 years now with no issues :)

After going through my Neusat for a few hours the other day. I'm really starting to like this receiver, it has many nice features. This is going to be my main receiver.

I got the email too. I passed on it though. The 2 things I main thing I dislike about the Neusat is that it re-writes channel names when you rescan :(

Status
Please reply by conversation.