Neusat Sp-6000

Status
Please reply by conversation.
well for fun I put a bid on one and actually won the item. So I guess I'll be trying out a new neusat soon

Since I can't see on the pictures

How many sets of a/v plugs does the unit have?

1 set of a/v and 1 set of component?

Iceberg said:
nah $57 + $19 shipping :)

Yes, I think it was $57.55 or something like that! My ebay name is iselltwoyou But seriously - THANKS! My wife would have killed me :)

I am anxious to hear what you think of that receiver - it looks nice!

Iceberg said:
well for fun I put a bid on one and actually won the item. So I guess I'll be trying out a new neusat soon

Hey Ice,

When you get the Neusat Sp-6000 post a review of it with screenshots of the display if possible. This may be my next receiver :D

Looking at the NEUSAT SP 6000 it says 100% Non-Detectable, what does that mean?

Comes with a Free 2006 Advanced 4-1 Universal Remote Receiver, TV, VCR & DVD Nice!

Last edited:
You can limit the range on a universal. Set the type to standard with a LO of 10600 and turn 22khz ON. Now you've got a standard LNB for that bird.

Stats8 said:
Did you ever try the vendor that has "or best offer" in his add, that's where my friend got the 2 units for 39.99 each plus 20.00 shipping.
Maybe because he ordered 2, but it would not hurt to try

I made a best offer for one receiver for $51 plus "shipping" of $19 with the same guy and he took it. So a total of $70. I think that is worth it to try the receiver out. It looks like he still has 46 units from reading the auction details. Maybe he would take less.

ghia said:
I made a best offer for one receiver for $51 plus "shipping" of $19 with the same guy and he took it. So a total of $70. I think that is worth it to try the receiver out. It looks like he still has 46 units from reading the auction details. Maybe he would take less.[/QUOTE

Could you PM me the guys ebay id or link? THANKS! :)

I found the seller. I can't make offers though, as I have already made 3 offers. Will wait to see what you all think of the 6000 before I buy :)

I will post back here after I get a chance to play with it. I also have a coolsat 5000 coming from the power buy. Not sure what got into me but It should be fun to compare the receivers.

I just got my Neusat tonight when I got home from the lake house.....ain't gonna look at it until tomorrow (maybe).....I got a lot of stuff to get done tonight :)

Well, this is the preliminary thoughts of the box. Now I basically hooked it up to my 2nd feed of my motorized KU setup. I worked off 3 satellites. SBS6, AMC5 and G10

-Yes there is a blind scan. Had to find it but had one of those "D'OH" moments. Its an option in the menu which is nice. Menu, channel up, select throws you into the blind scan (its the last option so channel up gets you there faster)
-its a legit blind scan.
-satellites listed seem to be in order from E to W
-hitting "ok" gives you a channel list. A big one (27 channels to be exact). Color coordinated if there are scrambled channels in the bunch
-easy to operate menus (that is what I like)
-pretty compact unit
-real clock that can be changed manually and timers :)

-I do have a couple issues with the blind scan. The one that is big is I am using a Standard LNB...so why does the blind scan go up to 12300 MHZ? Should stop at 12200. That extra 100 takes a while :) I scanned each polarity separatelly
-Blind scan isn't as fast as the Coolsat (that has been noted in other posts) but it is pretty fast and accurate. It picked up 2 TP's that the Coolsat didn't (feeds)

The remote is compact and is a universal remote.

More later.... :)

Ice, I am starting to think the tuner is more sensitive on this Neusat, than the Cs
I have gotten more stable signals on weak channels since I start using it on the C-KU LNBF.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts