New Audio problem with 3.63 on 622 when will it be fixed?

Ouch! I have a 622 being delivered in the morning. Is there any way to boot it up without having it go and do the 3.63 update?

I had this problem tonight. I paused "My Name is Earl" while viewing it live OTA. The screen went black, and the lights on the front of the box were off. When I "un-paused" there was no sound. I tried changing the channel, but I had to reset. I hope this software is swapped out fast because this is the worst performance I have ever had on the 622.

E* needs a form (so the data is organized) so we can submit bug reports to them directly... most of us are smart enough (many of us live on this board) to write up a bug report and identify software... I just refuse to spend hours on the phone going through (the motions with) dish tech support to report a bug. they would benefit from this... a simple structured form and they could even propagate the link through the board so your average joe (the one who will call tech support for the issues) will not use...

I personally would love to help beta test and more importantly (especially to the software people) document my bugs so they can fix them... i care more about reporting issues than getting new features, i know how many people get on beta teams to get advanced software.

just a suggestion, scott you listening :)

So has anyone tried the resetting your A/V receiver to stereo to see if the dropouts cease?

I had mine set to stereo for 5 hours tonight and not a single dropout. That makes a bit over 8 hours now since 3.63 arrived.

phillycreamboy said:
I had this problem tonight. I paused "My Name is Earl" while viewing it live OTA. The screen went black, and the lights on the front of the box were off. When I "un-paused" there was no sound. I tried changing the channel, but I had to reset. I hope this software is swapped out fast because this is the worst performance I have ever had on the 622.

What is so frustrating is after 3 months of having a 622, I have never had to reboot, never had any issues with HDMI (knock on wood), and have never had a missed timer. Since this software update, I have had to reboot 6 times because of the audio issues, and have had 5 missed timers. WTF? :mad: :mad:

3.63 Audio Issues

Since 3.63 came down, audio keeps dropping out and is choppy. Am connected to TV via HDMI. Audio was fine before this.

Audio crapped out on a few channels yesterday evening (I thought I lost another box to the mysterious HDMI failure), but a soft reboot corrected the problem. I'm not sure why it happened and my only troubleshooting was the soft reboot.

Tom Bombadil said:
So has anyone tried the resetting your A/V receiver to stereo to see if the dropouts cease?

I had mine set to stereo for 5 hours tonight and not a single dropout. That makes a bit over 8 hours now since 3.63 arrived.

Yes I've had consistent audio dropout on all output formats since the update. I first thought it might be an issue with my A/V receiver so I played with every possible combination to no effect. The only resolution seems to change channels a bunch until it gets audio or to hard reset holding down the 622 power.

Just got my 622 two weeks ago so this isn't a good start.

Just got the 3.63 update last night, and no sound with HDMI or RCA cables!!! Reboot does no good!! This sucks because now I have no audio for the weekend!!!!

Tom Bombadil said:

Tom,
I read your earlier post and looked for where to change the audio to "Stereo". But I only found the Dolby settings. I'd be glad to test your theory if you tell me how:)

FWIW our 622 is plugged into a LINN Stereo amplifier using analog audio cables. Is this what you mean by "stereo"?

Talon Dancer

Tom Bombadil said:

Tom - have you had any dropouts at all?

Mine went ALL day without any dropouts until about 10:30 last night; I probably had it on for five or six hours, then bam! audio gone.

I sure hope E* is watching this forum, and working their butts off to fix this quickly. This is not August when there is nothing on TV; its the beginning of the new season.

Well Ive had the same &^%$^*!! problem... Ive been trying to figure out what causes it, but as of last night I just had the stupid thing on pause, went to get something to dring, and &**&^ no sound.

It doesnt seem to matter whether I am watching off air, recorded shows, whatever... It happens. You have to reset the thing two or three times a day.

They need to roll back the software update to the previous version or something.

I ran into the audio issue on both my 622's last night. Once near the end of survivor and the other durring the begining of grey's anatomy. A reboot did the trick for both of them.. both were recording at the time if that helps..

TalonDancer said:
Let me get this straight. You are using a 622 version G and are still having sound problems. Is that correct?

The tag on the back that has the mainboard # ending in G is white, maybe they placed a sticker over the silver one? hitting system info brings up an E??

I have an H model and experienced the drop outs twice last night. It happened with using all three of the Composite, HDMI, and optical. A softboot in each occasion brought the sound back. Thankfully this was not during a recording, but it is still annoying.

colej said:
The tag on the back that has the mainboard # ending in G is white, maybe they placed a sticker over the silver one? hitting system info brings up an E??
I think these tags are all a 'pearlecent white' not 'silver' as I posted previously. Where are you seeing the "E" in system info?

Talon Dancer

Tom Bombadil said:

My sony A/V reciver does not support this using digital inputs the only way for me to do this without resorting to composite cables would be to

pacorn said:
I called tech support again. This guy had me change my Dolby Digital settings (Menu, 6, 7) to PCM only (said it fixed the problem on his 622). That didn't fix it immediately, but he suggested that it would need a reboot first (couldn't reboot at the moment because I was recording Survivor). I rebooted about 15 minutes ago, so we'll see.

TalonDancer said:
I think these tags are all a 'pearlecent white' not 'silver' as I posted previously. Where are you seeing the "E" in system info?

Talon Dancer

I am not am home but i was not paying a whole lot of attention at the time It was the only line that ended in a letter that looked like something I should have been looking for:rolleyes:

The G on the Tag was definite

I mentioned the sticker because at work we get hardware in from time to time, that has been re-engineered (an extra wire here, capacitor or diode there, different firmware IC etc..) and more often than not the manufacturer has slapped a new sticker with a different revision number over the old one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)