New AZBox firmware

Nawh! Seriously, I like the WiFi option and the option to install an internal 1 TB HDD and the advantage of the external power supply and TWO USB ports. These four items are worth the additional $75 or so to me. I really love the WiFi!

RADAR

The Elite has 2 USB ports. With all the bugs on the HDD issue (splitting up files, cant record high bit feeds) why use an internal HDD?

There is a windows utility that I came across called MAZ, as in Manage Azbox. It does give you the option to set up a recording with any name you choose. I haven't tried it yet.

MAZ is MUCH better than Azbox Edit and easier to use. Lets you add/delete channels too.

The latest version I've seen is 2.1. I can post it here if anybody wants it.

The only thing I see is the ability to save the Channels List to a USB Device.
The picture "color" looks a little cleaner / brighter.

Some have reported sound issues via optical cable.

The update does not seem necessary.

The compatible editor is a plus that I don't want to give up easily.
The "2880" Editor should work fine with any Firm after 2880

Also, I checked out "MAZ 2.1" it may be a must have for the AZBox, it's more that an Editor, and it looks / feels better.

I was getting "runtime error" while deleting sats with the editor using the latest firmware files.
That made me nervous, and so far, the advantages of the newest firmware are pretty elusive for watching TV. Still early days, and I've put the AZbox in place of the CS8000, so it's doing the whole job running the 1.2M dish. Blindscan is all that I want !
:)

I was getting "runtime error" while deleting sats with the editor using the latest firmware files.
That made me nervous, and so far, the advantages of the newest firmware are pretty elusive for watching TV. Still early days, and I've put the AZbox in place of the CS8000, so it's doing the whole job running the 1.2M dish. Blindscan is all that I want !
:)
Got the same error using AZBox Edit, but MAZ deleted duplicate sats without any problem. Only problem I have with current version is; AC3 sound dropping off.
BTY: I signed (again) to forum @ azbox main site. Looks quite active and I've seen some reply from Opensat

New to AZBox Elite. I'm using 0.9.3686. Still trying to get the hang of things. So far so good.:cool:

what do you mean dropping off? cutting in and out?
Yes, I'm using TOSLINK and on my Denon 3300, LED indicating DD is going on and off, and sound is acting the same way. I didn't have this problem with 0.9.2880. On another forum few indicated the same problem.

I did like the fact when I loaded the newest it didnt reset my satellite list to 300 satellites. Shows the same ones I had before that :)

Also, I checked out "MAZ 2.1" it may be a must have for the AZBox, it's more that an Editor, and it looks / feels better.

Looks good. Can't wait for my box!

Attachments

• maz.jpg
    maz.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 180
I upgraded to 3681? last night and I haven't had any issues at all. Backed up my channels first, though.

The only problem I've had with MAZ is when deleting the last channel in the list, it would crash.

Otherwise it's great. I have no plans to go back to Azbox Edit.

I upgraded from 2880 to 3501 a few days ago and noticed my Sat list became huge.
Did not lose my channels though. I started deleting Sats with Axbox Edit and it kept
crashing about every 4th delete so I just used the remote and deleted through the
Axbox.

"Iceberg", you said the newest version does not add all those Sats? And where is
the Maz 2.1 found at?

Here it is....

MAZ 2.1 for those that want it. Unzip this and double click on "Maz".

You will need to change the language from the default of Spanish to English, but that's simple enough.

Attachments

• MaZ_2.1.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 278

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)