New AZBox firmware

Lak7

Great deal of Made In Korea sat boxes and cards are in fact made by contract manufacturers in China using (adapted) Korean design documentation. Often same CN manufacturers start selling (permitted or not) surplus of such high quality devices under different face plates for cheap in impressive quantities everywhere, slightly modding their design along the way to cut production costs or change appearance. Are these devices the same as original or clones in your definition?

As to Relook, can you give a link explaining AZBox's "legal reasons"?

I've seen lots of receivers have different names here versus over the pond.
Yep. The Diamond 9000HD, and Clarktech 5000 come to mind. Also, there was the Technomate 6900 and MaxDigital, all 4 ran the same basic Firmware.

I'm not aware of any AZBox model designed in compliance with NA standards and destined for NA market. For that reason they don't sell these in NA thus far in quantities, except for some illegit dealers importing them on contract to South America and shipping north via Miami. May be you can help?

Did you check with AZBox brand owner if they have authorized dealers in NA? Or dealers elsewhere, authorized to sell in volume to NA market? The box version for NA market is not manufactured yet.

Btw, thanks for your PM. I suggest you to use Opera browser, it does all the hard filtering job for me with unsecure sites, mostly without warning. On the other hand, some consumer grade security filters often said to give false positives. As to soft archives, again not qualified, as I didn't use any soft from AZBox web depositories, and some of it seems to be for devices that aren't widely used in FTA boxes in NA. But thanks for the hint. :)

Last edited:
I think the whole idea of "authorized" distributors is baloney. If the product is what it is claimed and does what I want why should I care if the person/company supplying it to me is "authorized"?

It certainly doesn't mean the supplier is any more legitimate, respectable, or knowledgeable.

Agreed, but you can't deny that they're not targeting the U.S. market, or else it would come with a US power cord as a minimum, and probably at least an adapter if not a replacement for the SCART socket.

Agreed, but you can't deny that they're not targeting the U.S. market, or else it would come with a US power cord as a minimum, and probably at least an adapter if not a replacement for the SCART socket.

When my elite came yesterday the adapter didn't work. (cheapo)
Luckily my old Norelco razor liberated itself of it's power cord.
:D
Up-n-runnin'

Lak 7

Consumer safety is first priority! The second is law abidance, as per your own suggestion. Was it a wise decision for you to buy this box? :)

"No person shall sell or lease, or offer for sale or lease (including advertising for sale or lease), or import, ship, or distribute for the purpose of selling or leasing or offering for sale or lease, any radio frequency device unless: (1) In the case of a device subject to certification, such device has been authorized by the Commission in accordance with the rules in this chapter and is properly identified and labelled as required by S 2.925 and other relevant sections in this chapter; or (2) In the case of a device that is not required to have a grant of equipment authorization issued by the Commission, but which must comply with the specified technical standards prior to use, such device also complies with all applicable administrative (including verification of the equipment or authorization under a Declaration of Conformity, where required), technical, labeling and identification requirements specified in this chapter." FCC Regs.

Last edited:
Lak 7

Consumer safety is first priority! The second is law abidance, as per your own suggestion. Was it a wise decision for you to buy this box? :)

"No person shall sell or lease, or offer for sale or lease (including advertising for sale or lease), or import, ship, or distribute for the purpose of selling or leasing or offering for sale or lease, any radio frequency device unless: (1) In the case of a device subject to certification, such device has been authorized by the Commission in accordance with the rules in this chapter and is properly identified and labelled as required by S 2.925 and other relevant sections in this chapter; or (2) In the case of a device that is not required to have a grant of equipment authorization issued by the Commission, but which must comply with the specified technical standards prior to use, such device also complies with all applicable administrative (including verification of the equipment or authorization under a Declaration of Conformity, where required), technical, labeling and identification requirements specified in this chapter." FCC Regs.
I disagree, since I've modified equipment in my time, and such modifications negate the FCC certification. Personally , I'm interested in functionality, not FCC certification. If I could have a non FCC certified tuner in my AZbox, I'd be mighty happy !
:)

I remember when I worked for a computer company back in the 80's when new FCC regs came out. We had a special room built for testing EMI, etc to ensure our equipment would not interfere with other transmission signals, etc.

On another note, just got my azbox. Downloaded the latest firmware and slaved it to my visionsat for now. I'm able to get 74w (some temporary feeds I could hear before and now can watch :)). However, I like to listen to some on 101w that have no picture, however i get dropouts on the sound, any one else having the same problem with eariler firmware?

On another note, just got my azbox. Downloaded the latest firmware and slaved it to my visionsat for now. I'm able to get 74w (some temporary feeds I could hear before and now can watch :)). However, I like to listen to some on 101w that have no picture, however i get dropouts on the sound, any one else having the same problem with eariler firmware?

what # firmware ?

others will give you pointers i'm sure.
been using 2880 for over 2 months myself.
so go 2880 or higher.
good luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts