New AZBox firmware

I dont have mine hooked up to an audio receiver (just the HDMI) so maybe its not doing it through there

Same setup here. HDMI to tv only and I did notice last night I totally lost audio on my HDMI input. Rebooted and all is fine. I'll keep an eye on it.

Clint

"Iceberg", you said the newest version does not add all those Sats? And where is
the Maz 2.1 found at?

no it didnt add those sats. The previous one did
I had deleted like 200 sats and the bottom sat in my list is a custom "0.0 MOTOR" (since I have it slaved)....when I upgraded the sat list was just what I had
72-139 + motor

I upgraded from 2880 to 3501 a few days ago and noticed my Sat list became huge.
Did not lose my channels though. I started deleting Sats with Axbox Edit and it kept
crashing about every 4th delete so I just used the remote and deleted through the
Axbox.

"Iceberg", you said the newest version does not add all those Sats? And where is
the Maz 2.1 found at?

@ The Red Highlighted:
It was tedious, that's was how I did mine. I will look into MAZ 2.1

I asked the author of Maz about the possiblity of getting an option to re-order satellites in the list by orbital location, he replied he had thought of that and may put it in a future release. If he gets a few requests he may do it sooner than later;)

no it didnt add those sats. The previous one did
I had deleted like 200 sats and the bottom sat in my list is a custom "0.0 MOTOR" (since I have it slaved)....when I upgraded the sat list was just what I had
72-139 + motor

Thanks for the reply Iceberg. Sounds good.
What a fun box to play with.

yes it is :)

Mine isnt motorized due to hearing horror stories of losing the settings when you upgraded software. Its slaved to 3 sats + a motorized feed

I had mine slaved starting out then switched to dual lnb's and ran another
coax. I let the Fortec Dynamic do the motor chores tho since it has worked
so well for me. When slaved I did not like the limitation of scanning one
polarity at a time.

I shouldnt say its slaved.

I have dual LNB's on all my setups so I can scan both sides then load it into the AZbox while I resacan :) I say "slaved" because its not motorized

Yep, I'm just using mine on the 1.2M to see how it works out. I'd rather have a blindscan box running the motor, so I can do everything with one box. Probably in a couple weeks , I'll start running the dish with the Pansat 2800, with the AZbox sitting in the middle, handling anything the other receivers can't .
:)

AZBox clone: Relook 5000 :) Never heard of AZBox running re-brand distributor program. I'm curious, how tight is AZBox's contract with their Chinese factory?

Last edited:
Good for you.
For what, I do not follow.

I do not think the term "Clone" varies, meaning cheap knock-off.
Basically, for legal reasons, the name "Relook" was changed to AZBox.
Most info referring to the Relook 5000 is dated Dec 2008, a month or so before the AZBox release. The Relook 5000 was never produced.

I've seen lots of receivers have different names here versus over the pond. When Coolsat 5000's came out, there was an IDENTICAL model in Europe...same look, same specs, different name and plugs on back :)

I think of clone as the KUSat 2600 I had (which was basically a Digiwave 6800 with a name plate on it) and the Pansat clone I have right now (that had puff puff software in it)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)