New Channels 340 (FSFL) and 341 (FSFLHD)

I take it Voom is still working out the kinks of this channel(s). Very nice to see the Marlins in HD even if my guys lost.

Alrighty Florida gets hooked up, I find it interesting that the marlins AT San Diego was HD, must've picked up Cox's broadcast. Did it have the FSN logos? Either still silly that they're setting these things up as an SD and an HD channel. I guess FSN wont be running a seperate 24/7 HD feed for only a couple games, So I guess the HD channel is like an events channel only for the HD games.

I'm getting the "Call VOOM to Upgrade" message on both 340 and 341. I'm in Pennsylvania, not Florida. How can I tell if I am eligible for these channels? I don't want to assume I'm not just because I don't get them now (I missed out on the first two days of Olympic coverage because I assumed that message just meant I wasn't able to get the channels).

In in Tampa, Florida and I'm getting channel 340 (FSFL), but on 341 (FSFLHD) I get the Upgrade message. Both channels are without PG information though.

Ok this morning I get "Call to upgrade" on channel 341, but 340 is still showing FSN. As for the HD game it was full of FSN logos, all over the place, the stadium was full of COX cable signs though. Sean, is their any of your sources that can spill the beans on what exactly is going on with RSN, and how they are planning on rolling out what and too whom? Also why the PG is still saying "no info" on both?

Walter L. said:
I'm now getting a message at 341 that says:

"Beginning Friday at 8 PM (ET) watch NBC hd highlights on this channel"

:confused: :confused: :confused:
Mine says that too. Im in virginia, whats it mean? why would I get access to the olympics now, when i didnt have it before? Maybe it is going to be week old Olympic material?

Ok now I have PG info on 340... 341 says no info until 10pm tonight when it says "OFF AIR" however the Marlins play the Padres again tonight, and I was curious if it will be another nice HD showing.

it's so weird on D* you can get any sports channel as long as you buy the package..it dosn't matter where you live, you get the whole enchalada,ok some games are blacked out if you dont get center ice, league pass, etc...so many rules all different

My channels and PG have done the exact same thing as Dvlos's. (And Dvlos, yes, I'm in Florida...Jacksonville.)

Does anyone in Florida get the NBC-HD on channel 321?

This means you were among those few who were actually able to get the record-breaking 39 HD channels yesterday night! Congratulations!

It should not matter where you live to get these RSNs as long as you subscribe to the Sports Package. Since VOOM does not have one of those yet, making it impossible to subscribe to it, VaVaVoom should do it.

Directv does have a sports package, if you subscribe you get all the RSNs, if you do not subscribe you only get the one that covers your area.

I don't see why this would be any different with Voom. It could only be Voom policy, nothing that is mandated to them or directv would not be able to offer all of the RSNs to a single subscriber.

hornmdt said:
Directv does have a sports package, if you subscribe you get all the RSNs, if you do not subscribe you only get the one that covers your area.
Maybe VOOM will do the same thing. We'll see. Hey, this channel has not been even announced yet and we already jump to conclusions! :)

What is really strange is that this topic has been discussed now for 3 pages and no one has had the insight to actually call the VOOM number to get the scoop on these channels and then report back.

Ok I just called and was told those are Florida Sports channels (just what was surmised) and that this is the beginning of the installation of the Fox Sports Channels with more to follow. Available now only in Florida so be patient.

Uh, actually I already did... yesterday. I said "thank you" like 80 times, they said the PG info should be here today (it is, but only for channel 340). However i take what CSRs say with a grain of salt. The CSR guy told me, that Voom is trying to rollout RSNs starting in the bigger markets, I asked which ones he knew about and said he think Ohio and Florida will be the first (Really?!?!). He said that where he's out he's out of the region but that they were watching the game as well because they are in a main office- that there were tinkering with FSN-FL all week long.

However last week or so when I had FOXFL and FoxOhio in my online Zap2IT PG and called Voom about it, she told me it was a mistake and that we aren't getting RSN's.. go figure.

shaun-ohio said:
ya know its funny, im supposed to have the 2 fox sports channels for ohio and they have not shown up yet?
They were in the guide briefly a few weeks ago but disappeared. My account says I'm authorized for FSN Cleveland, so I should get it if it ever comes back.

Dvlos said:
THANK YOU VOOM!!!THANK YOU VOOM!!!THANK YOU VOOM!!!THANK YOU VOOM!!!THANK YOU VOOM!!!THANK YOU VOOM!!!THANK YOU VOOM!!!
THANK YOU VOOM!!!THANK YOU VOOM!!!THANK YOU VOOM!!!THANK YOU VOOM!!!THANK YOU VOOM!!!THANK YOU VOOM!!!THANK YOU VOOM!!!
THANK YOU VOOM!!!THANK YOU VOOM!!!THANK YOU VOOM!!!THANK YOU VOOM!!!THANK YOU VOOM!!!

Today I had some programming on Fox Sports Florida on 340.. tonight I'm watching the MARLINS game in HD on Fox Sports Florida HD?! I didn't even know they HAD an HD Channel.. OH MY GOD, it's like having a wet dream, waking up and having another one.
How the heck did you get it.. Mine say call voom and I called and they said it's not available to order yet. However, im certainly in the Marlins market. It's about 15 minutes from my house (the stadium). Voom reps have no clue whatsoever as to what is going on. They wanted to set up a service call to see what the problem was. I told them it's not a service related issue. Seeing the games in HD will be sooooooo cool. I know they play the Padres tonight, but not sure if its on 35 or fsn. Im going to call voom again toniht and refuse to hang up till they get it on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)