New Channels 340 (FSFL) and 341 (FSFLHD)

That doesn't make much sense that Rainbow (Voom) owns/part of four RSN Fox Networks and would only offer the Florida Area, I know they own Fox Sports Bay Area and several others, I would think that these would be offered in a short amount of time SOON if they want to attract or keep subscribers. We are all missing our local sports A LOT!!! (hint,hint) VOOM!

Keeps fingers crossed!

How is that possible I don't D* and E* have RSN but only for that region? Considering that FSN Florida's content is mainly locally produced talk shows and stuff about sports, it would make sense. Here come all the pessimists ready to pee on the new thing from Voom. Don't you think we should wait until 2005 before saying there will be a RSN pack you have to pay more for? How different would that be from D*'s Sunday Ticket and NBA ticket packs?

If Voom offered your RSN for free, but with an option to pay for every RSN they carry for $5 more, then true sports enthusiasts would be happy as would your average local that just wants to see his team play.

My god man, I thought for sure this was a great thing, the RSNs were making their way to Voom, sure enough here come the few with complaints in hand.

Dylos, I agree with you regardless what VOOM adds there will be someone complaining. I have D also and have to pay extra for all of the rsn plus all of the in market games are blacked out except for the ones on my region rsn like the Midwest rsn. According to my account I will get the OhioCin. Rsn. Don't know w3hen but I have patience.

You want to complain about something with Voom? Here complain about the fact they are adding not only RSN SD but a RSN HD channel.. what a bunch of lowlives! Like D* and E* would never do that first.

Dvlos,

I completely agree with you on this one. I am also happy that they are adding the RSN's even though I cannot see them at this time. This can only be good because it could eventually lead to the NBA, MLB, & Hockey Packages in HD. I do not subscribe to the theory that is a waste of bandwith either (I am sure no one who qualifies for it in Florida feels that way). I am sure that when VOOM adds your RSN in HD, no one will complaint about being a waste of bandwith either.

I think we should just wait until these channels start rolling. This is the beginning. It could only get better from here.

Sean, exactly, they are adding more birds in the sky for west coast, the new bird that comes active October 1st. I can only look at Voom's constant push forward as a good thing, and can only encourage that. Personally areas like LA and NY are just are bigger than FLorida, but for whatever reason Voom added FLorida first (and probably Ohio 2nd) who cares what's the order as long as we all get RSNs with a companion RSN HD channel with it.

Sean FYI maybe you can push to anyone you know inside Voom, we still don't have PG info on the FSN-FL-HD channel it just constantly says OFF-AIR even when it's showing us a game in HD. This week the Marlins play the Giants and COlorado here at home, I am curious if FOX games will be in HD or if they will be blacked out.

Although I do still have a few issues with Voom (DVR ETA anyone), and probably complain too much to be a full-on voom fanboy, I must admit to being a bit of a suck mod wannabee. I can't help it, the mods here totally rule hard and I'm not even joking they get the inside info and I bet they have cool haircuts too!

suck mod wannabee said:
I don't have it in Detroit (but the mods still rule hard).
You need to rethink that. Go spout off some nonsense over at AVS and see what happens. My gosh sometimes they even attack grammer and spelling.

vurbano said:
You need to rethink that. Go spout off some nonsense over at AVS and see what happens. My gosh sometimes they even attack grammer and spelling.

That's exactly why I think the mods here rule hard (totally). I guarantee sean mota has a cooler haircut than Ken H!

Posted by NoUDont at AVSForum

"Spoke to a FSN rep over the phone who had a hard copy of the schedule in her hand from Voom and she confirmed home games as well. Pretty sweet!

She is going to try and get a link to the schedule posted at FSN and at the Marlins website."

Home games in HD, I think I'm headed for telegasm stratosphere. As far as I know FSN Florida grabs a certain number of games from the Marlins, Panthers, and Heat. Even Tampa Bay baseball I think, it would be great to see their games in HD. The only thing Fox never airs is NFL games for the Dolphins, I think all NFL games air over major networks, but then again we also have NFL Voom HD.. werd.

It would be nice if there was a database or post somewhere that let folks know, by zipcode or something, which one/ones of these programs you can recieve..
I get PG info for the FSN stuff, but can never see the actual proggies..
And, I too agree that ANY increase in programming, whether it be sports, movies, or the " 3 stooges/Godzilla channel is a GOOD thing...Its up to Voom to decide how to use their bandwitdth, and its obvious they use alot of our comments to help them make those decisions, but since most of us subscribe because of the amount of HD, as long as these channels are in HD, its a good thing!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)