New Channels Added! (BBC, Noggin, etc...)

KostaVan said:
I dont care for most of these channels. I would rather get 4 good HD channels then a bunch of SD crap. ESPN2HD INHD1 & 2, HDNET, HDNETMOVIES. Just that would make me happy.

GAC is nice addition though.

Id trade them all for 1 HD channel.

Let the Flood Gates open…

I definitely like the pattern we are seeing… :)

March 8…. FIVE new channels.
March 15.. SIX new channels.
March 18.. NINE new channels.

Lets keep it coming…
...And throw in a few HD in for good measure. :D

Voom4Me said:
I definitely like the pattern we are seeing… :)

March 8…. FIVE new channels.
March 15.. SIX new channels.
March 18.. NINE new channels.

Lets keep it coming…
...And throw in a few HD in for good measure. :D

Watch out for a price increase. D* customers should also be shaking in their boots. Total choice premiere already at 93.99 + 10.99 for HD + mirroring fees. They think that 3 additional birds in the air arent gonna raise rates they are kidding themselves. We shouldnt kid ourselves either. Im wondering just how high everyone is willing to go?

Well with the addition of all these channels of late shows to me they are adding them for a reason,after all why would a company add these if they were worried they were gonna get shut down on the 31st so I am calling today to add Va Va Voom not because I will watch those channels alot but kinda my way of letting Voom know I am supporting them

Curious Minds…

As I was flipping through the new channels, it got me wondering about how the actual channel #’s are selected? :confused:

Why not group all the discovery channels together?
Why skip 807 & 808 and put VH1 Classic on 809 instead of right next to VH1?
Why put Noggin right next to the Playboy channel? You know, something just might jump across… :rolleyes:

But seriously, I was just curious as to how the actual placement of channels was determined? Any ideas? :D

While checking out the new channels, I notice 342 (Sun sports) is no longer coming in. Anybody outside of Florida still getting this?

el_tufo said:
While checking out the new channels, I notice 342 (Sun sports) is no longer coming in. Anybody outside of Florida still getting this?
I was for a few days and now its gone again not sure why.Im in northern penn.

Is there a trick to picking up the new channels? I just checked and don't see them. :-( I've turned off the sat box for now since I normally leave it on all the time. Maybe that will do it. Or maybe I should do a hard reset??

/Sean

Voom is the best TV programming provider! It rocked before and now it has gotten even better! Thank You..........Charles Dolan:) and Voom:) for the new channels. My family and I are happy campers. Laugh hard at the bashers and enjoy everyone!

Never mind, they work now. Not sure if powering off the sat box did it or what. My 2.5 yr old daughter will be thrilled to have Noggin back! :)

Competition will keep prices down…

vurbano said:
Watch out for a price increase. D* customers should also be shaking in their boots. Total choice premiere already at 93.99 + 10.99 for HD + mirroring fees. They think that 3 additional birds in the air arent gonna raise rates they are kidding themselves. We shouldnt kid ourselves either. Im wondering just how high everyone is willing to go?

vurbano, I don't think Voom will be raising their prices any time soon. As the new kid on the block, they have to make their offerings more appealing than the big boys, just to be able to stay afloat and raising prices would be a step in the wrong direction.

I live near the NYC area, and every other commercial I see on TV these days is from a cable, or satellite provider with bigger and better offers. More HD, 3 free months premiums, DVR included, 4 or 5 rooms installed for free, Tivo included, Video on demand, Internet packages, etc... And all for the same price if not lower than before.

If anything, all the competition as of late is driving quality of service up, while keeping prices the same, if not lower... IMO

Great!!!!!!!

Voom continues updating there channels and since I received the Super DMA. I am real close to being able to finally cancel Directv, if Voom stays in business. I have my fingers crossed.

Holy Cow! Noggin and Nick Toons! True TV happiness will reign with my kids.
OK not really.. we're actually weaning them off TV. But having Noggin is pretty sweet. and the other channles are OK too.

I'd like to see more HD though.

More SD channels. Wow! Woopee!

I really don't care. I did not get Voom to watch SD channels. I suppose it is a necessary evil to satisfy the masses. I would trade in ALL of the SD channels for just one more good HD channel.

And if they put upp ESPN2HD today we would have people saying stuff like "I hate sports why are they wasting bandwidth on crap like that"

And

"I really want VOOM but my wife wont let me get VOOM until they add (Insert SD Channel name here)"

No matter what VOOM adds or how much people are going to be moaning for more.

Yipee!!!

I for one am very happy, since now it means I can get Voom. Been waiting on BBC America before making the switch, since the wife and I love that channel, now we can make the call and dump Dish and their flakey set-top boxes!!

Picking up the phone right now...

Mark