New Channels Added: - Discoveries & Fox Movie

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I still consider the VaVa Voom package a pretty good deal so am happy to see the channels. Like others, I suspect a middle tier offering may be in the works which would make a lot of sense. If Noggin shows up then everyone in my house will be happy as well!

subdude212 said:
Andrzej:

How about this:

As a VaVaVoom subscriber I am very happy that they added six more channels to my lineup at no cost to me. Now I get 42 channels more than if I had bought the basic Voom package. Way to go Voom!

How is that? ;)

Pretty good subdude!
The funny thing is that it is nothing but the truth. :)

Scott Greczkowski said:
I hear more is coming (possibly by the end of the week)

No word if the new channels will also require Vavavoom, hopfully someone is using their Noggin over there. ;)

What'd you hear about more channels, if I may ask?

gordo87 said:
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I'm tired of waiting for new HD channels for asking for more info. for requesting local sports channels and getting them SD channels suck for HDTV owners, why can the cable or satellite comp's agree that by giving us more local HD channels would get more costumer's.
does anybody ever watched the European Basketball thing I mean good for them but we want our local sports...

No disrespect to any one but I'm starting to feel that I'm wasting my money
and that we should have seen this coming SD channels VS HD channels, "our HD market is no where near strong enough to get this moving faster" Cablevicion costumer REP.
" I'm sorry sir. at this time we dont have any Info. to give out to costumer's"
VOOM costumer REP.
"Well we are trying to get some more channels in HD towards 2007. meanwhile we will still try to add some here and there." a friend who works for Direct T.V

And I am sick of people complaining. Voom has a MAJORITY of what is being currently broadcast in HD. I want my locals in HD also, but they don't broadcast in HD because they are cheap. Do I complain to Voom about it? NO. And if it ever got to the point where I felt as though I wanted to, I would leave and go to another company because I am a big boy and can make my own decisions without a temper tantrum.

I'm a former lurker and future Voomer (install date 3/22/05 by Installs Direct) hopefully. As a current E* Americas Everything Pack subscriber, I'm jumping ship for VaVa Voom. In order to get all of the channels I wanted from E*, I had to get the everything pack because there were a few channels in each tier. Also the picture on the premium channels looks more like water colors than a clear digital signal so the decision was pretty easy. More HD and ALL of the other channels we watch (the Military channel has some pretty cool stuff on it) with better PQ. That should save me the $80 per month I was spending on rented movies.

subdude212 said:
Andrzej:

How about this:

As a VaVaVoom subscriber I am very happy that they added six more channels to my lineup at no cost to me. Now I get 42 channels more than if I had bought the basic Voom package. Way to go Voom!

How is that? ;)

Great, that just means I have to skip through more channels since it's impossible to remove them from the guide. How much time will I waste paging through the 42 extra channels?

I wish they would of done that for me. The day after i was installed the new promotion came out and i called and asked if i could get the va va voom for two months and they said absolutley not my order was placed during a different promotion and then they hung up.

Well, I just spoke with a supervisor at customer service. It was explained to me that the newly added channels are considered to be premium channels by Voom, and that is why they are in the high-end tier. To clarify, I asked, "So Voom views these channels the same as HBO and Showtime?" the answer was "Yes" - something they could not actually further justify beyond the fact that they view them the same. I also asked if this means that future channel additions would only be added to the highest tier and was told that they didn't know, but confirmed that it was possible. Of course, the supervisor also told me that with his local cable company in Spokane, he can only get channels such as ESPN by subscribing to their package containing all of the premium movie channels. Unless I missed one, it looks like Spokane has Comcast (did have GPACable, but that site forwards to Comcast, so I imagine was taken over) which does not require this level of package for receiving ESPN. I also specifically asked about BBCA, but of course he could not tell me whether or not that would be in the high-end tier or not. No mention of the possibility of a middle tier (which doesn't really mean anything).

Very poorly done alot of things I have put up with lack of sd channels I lost coming to voom such as tech tv etc etc all my locals that I was able to get from national feeds but no way am I paying 40 bucks extra for basic channels they can forget it very very very seriously considering going outside hooking my dish 500 back up getting the box out plugging it back up and calling dish and resubbing then calling Voom and wish them luck.

kesslerm said:
Great, that just means I have to skip through more channels since it's impossible to remove them from the guide. How much time will I waste paging through the 42 extra channels?

Oh, I see. I am guessing that you are against adding any channels to your current lineup because it will add more trouble to your surfing routine. :)

Nayl said:
Very poorly done alot of things I have put up with lack of sd channels I lost coming to voom such as tech tv etc etc all my locals that I was able to get from national feeds but no way am I paying 40 bucks extra for basic channels they can forget it very very very seriously considering going outside hooking my dish 500 back up getting the box out plugging it back up and calling dish and resubbing then calling Voom and wish them luck.

Is your PERIOD key broken? Or did you mean to run a dozen sentences together for emphasis?

kesslerm said:

Ummm... you can just add the channels you *do* watch to "favorites" and page through that guide. Or am I missing something?

This is what I do to filter out the SD versions of HD channels and many of the other channels (sports, kids programs, etc.) that I never watch.

CDH.

Nayl said:

Ohforcryingoutloud.

CDH said:
Ummm... you can just add the channels you *do* watch to "favorites" and page through that guide. Or am I missing something?

This is what I do to filter out the SD versions of HD channels and many of the other channels (sports, kids programs, etc.) that I never watch.

CDH.

I only wish they had multiple Favorites....like E* that spoiled me

Just a though occured to me. I am with you guys that they should have given you at least a preview of the channels and then move them to another tier or the VAVAVOOM tier. But remember how long is it being since StarzHD has been free to all subs? Is it still free? How about sunshine? I know one thing has nothing to do with the other. But I feel that we need to bring those the conversation as well. Please don't flame me for bringing that up. :no

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)