New Channels Added: - Discoveries & Fox Movie

kelljc said:
Then Quit Voom and go eslewhere, you don't what HD or have a reason to have it< why else make such a statement>

Well i guess many of us would like to but unfortunately some of us have 6 month contracts. I loved the HD channels as well as everyone else, but iam getting very tired of re-booting my box each and every time i want to watch tv. Problems on my end are fixed temporary till they start again, and if i pay $99/mo, then i have the right to be upset and voice my opinion. If they don't like it, then i guess they can cancel my contract. It is becoming more trouble then whats its worth. Maybe not all agree with this because things are running smooth on their end, but many of us are still having problems.

Maybe VOOM is going back to offering a free plus-pack or free "discovery plus pack" to anyone who signs up. When I signed up the plus pack that contained Discovery HD had only one channel in it. I think it was also supposed to contain INHD and INHD2 but that never materialized.

I am a VaVaVoom customer and I agree that there should be another tier that would allow someone to get all the channels w/o all the premiums.

I also agree with the $20/premium is more than anyone else (but all four for $40/month is the same as everyone else) but they do actually give you at least 1 HD feed for each premium (who else can say that?)

Everyone keeps refering to +$30/month for VaVaVoom I pay +$40/month for VaVaVoom is the $30 a mistake or am I getting robbed? :eek:

HD_Eric said:

:eek:

I have no idea what the hell you are talking about. I offered a couple different opinions on type of packages and prices and somehow you spin that into I don't want HD and should quit VOOM? What does thinking $20/per premium is too pricey have to do with not wanting HD or quitting VOOM. I happen to think their premiums are too expensive....$10/per would be reasonable without having to get all of them to get that price.

I have no point? - thanks for the respect. I doubt you would talk in such a manner if we were face to face in a meeting. And again....you said FREE? and you said VOOM is bad? I really have no idea what you are talking about here, and I am not sure you do either. I think the premiums are too expensive....we said nothing about a FREE HDTV recorder. It just so happens I would be willing to pay $300-$400 for a good HD-DVR and think if I paid that and $80/month I want everything. Sorry if that offends you. Do you think any opinion that doesn't praise VOOM as a GOD means we should quit????? I don't understand you. I said nothing mean, nothing even direct.

There isn't a comparable package...that is why it would be a good deal and appeal to me. Not that I expect it, just one of the options I mentioned. Again, I think the premium pricing is the issue, not VOOM, the DVR or anything else. If I pay $30 for premiums I would expect a DVR is all. Not they SHOULD.....not that I'll quit unless....just an option. And again, I would pay for the equipment upfront, I just wouldn't expect to have to pay a fee every month on top of that if I am giving them $30 for premiums. With TW Cable I had every channel, 13HD's and an HD-DVR for a hair under $70....plus those dopey on-demands (those would be a nice value add, not worth extra though). I switched to VOOM because I wanted more HD content. VOOM's originals are nice.....I don't think they are outstanding, but there is always at least one thing on that I want to watch....and in HD.

Eric, i think you spoke for all of us who were thinking the same way. For the prices they want, a DVR would have been understandable. But to pay for extras at that amount with channels that are not outstanding is unreal.
Also iam curious are most of the new channels going to be premiunm also?

Sean Mota said:
The question is are the VaVaVoomers able to see the channels yet?

Sean,

I had to reboot my STB, but I now get the new channels.

FYI

BTW, I for one am VERY happy that VOOM is still on the air, adding channels/content. And YES I subscribe to Va Va Voom.

GEBrown said:
Sean,

I had to reboot my STB, but I now get the new channels.

FYI

BTW, I for one am VERY happy that VOOM is still on the air, adding channels/content. And YES I subscribe to Va Va Voom.

Thanks for that. Now can a basic sub see if they are available to you or not?

Sean Mota said:
The question is are the VaVaVoomers able to see the channels yet?

Yes, I can see them all and have PG information for all. I was looking forward to these channels as I like educational programming. The movie playing on FOX movie channel is from 1961 though.

I'm going to agree with theTimm and others about a middle tier. I'm not up to paying 100.00 for TV. I'm not doing it. A middle tier like (E*) with their top 100 150 etc. makes sense. even though VOOM doesn't have as much SD programming your are still paying a resonable premium for the HD content. Compare to E*(using my last bill as an example) which is an extra 9.95 on top of your 49.95 for HD + $5.00 box rental/room and + $10.00 for local channels (non HD).
VOOM can add a middle tier and still remian competetive. But I'm not getting VaVaVoom for it. (We just don't watch that much TV)

Sean... they are available on mine if I sub to Va Va VOOM. In other words, the channel is showing it is available for a Va VA VOOm sub. No PG guide update yet.

The real answer to the availability question is to to allow a chinese menu type and let everyone pick their package. Congress has been taking testimony on that issue to let customers pick the channels they want. Bud services allow you to either buy as a package or cherry pick. Cherry pick is more expense per channel but than you are getting only the channels that you want.

dogbert said:
Everyone keeps refering to +$30/month for VaVaVoom I pay +$40/month for VaVaVoom is the $30 a mistake or am I getting robbed? :eek:

I'm sorry - I was just throwing an option around. It is $40...

HD_Eric said:

:eek:

I have no idea what the hell you are talking about. I offered a couple different opinions on type of packages and prices and somehow you spin that into I don't want HD and should quit VOOM? What does thinking $20/per premium is too pricey have to do with not wanting HD or quitting VOOM. I happen to think their premiums are too expensive....$10/per would be reasonable without having to get all of them to get that price.

I have no point? - thanks for the respect. I doubt you would talk in such a manner if we were face to face in a meeting. And again....you said FREE? and you said VOOM is bad? I really have no idea what you are talking about here, and I am not sure you do either. I think the premiums are too expensive....we said nothing about a FREE HDTV recorder. It just so happens I would be willing to pay $300-$400 for a good HD-DVR and think if I paid that and $80/month I want everything. Sorry if that offends you. Do you think any opinion that doesn't praise VOOM as a GOD means we should quit????? I don't understand you. I said nothing mean, nothing even direct.

There isn't a comparable package...that is why it would be a good deal and appeal to me. Not that I expect it, just one of the options I mentioned. Again, I think the premium pricing is the issue, not VOOM, the DVR or anything else. If I pay $30 for premiums I would expect a DVR is all. Not they SHOULD.....not that I'll quit unless....just an option. And again, I would pay for the equipment upfront, I just wouldn't expect to have to pay a fee every month on top of that if I am giving them $30 for premiums. With TW Cable I had every channel, 13HD's and an HD-DVR for a hair under $70....plus those dopey on-demands (those would be a nice value add, not worth extra though). I switched to VOOM because I wanted more HD content. VOOM's originals are nice.....I don't think they are outstanding, but there is always at least one thing on that I want to watch....and in HD.
Another example of "BS" was not posting to you : please read all post's before becoming postal: thank you:

VaVaVoom is one of the best deals out there. You people whine about an extra $40/month but when you look at it look at all the movies you are getting for a little more than $1/day. With an exception of HBO and Showtime, Voom is the only place to get HD premium channels for all premium services(TMCHD, StarzHD E/W, CinemaxHD E/W, etc.) You will pay more for all the premium channels (93.00) at D* and that is Without HD! I love VaVaVoom and think the extra money is well worth it.

Will I watch the new channels just because I get them with VaVaVoom...probably not but new channels are good for voom no matter what.

gutter said:
The real answer to the availability question is to to allow a chinese menu type and let everyone pick their package. Congress has been taking testimony on that issue to let customers pick the channels they want. Bud services allow you to either buy as a package or cherry pick. Cherry pick is more expense per channel but than you are getting only the channels that you want.

Yeah, our tax dollars hard at work...

It would be nice to offer Ala Carte/ package offers but it seems the legislators are siding with the crap channel producers who are still vying for that one second viewing as we surf past their channels, position.

OK here's some FUN Stuff for you. Go ahead and try this at home!
I Called customer Service and asked about the the New Channels and Confirmed that they were availablefor VaVaVoom Customers only and I expressed my sadness. :(

Then I asked so sweetly if I might be able to get a 2 month Free trial of VaVaVoom to see if I like it.......I explained that I am a relativle new Sub that signed on in Dec.

She said said she needed to talk to a Supervisor and put me on hold for about a minute. Then she came back and said they they would give me VaVaVoom @ my current price-plan (49.95) for two months! Also she kindly reminded me that If I didn't want to keep it after 2 months I should cancel before the 3 rd months bill so I won't get charged.

OK I said I'm not going to pay 100.00 for TV but What the heck I can always downgrade if my wife doesn't think its worth it... (Fat Actress is on Showtime and we want to check it out!)

ROLLZROYCE said:
VaVaVoom is one of the best deals out there. You people whine about an extra $40/month but when you look at it look at all the movies you are getting for a little more than $1/day. With an exception of HBO and Showtime, Voom is the only place to get HD premium channels for all premium services(TMCHD, StarzHD E/W, CinemaxHD E/W, etc.) You will pay more for all the premium channels (93.00) at D* and that is Without HD! I love VaVaVoom and think the extra money is well worth it.

Will I watch the new channels just because I get them with VaVaVoom...probably not but new channels are good for voom no matter what.

I agree with you Rolllzroyce.

I think $40 bucks more per month is completely worth it.
However, I have a problem with all the people here "whining" about voom going away, only to find out they only have the basic package. I think if Dolan is willing to put up 10 million, I have no problem in "matching" his donation with my $40 bucks. If it makes it, and I hope it does, Then this was money well spent, If it doesn't, then what are you out? 40 bucks?

danielle_s said:
.... Nobody that I know is going to be willing to pay an additional $30 more per month just to get 6 channels.

What are you talking about? You are getting more than those just added 6 channels when switching to VaVaVoom. So, it is not "$30 more per month just to get 6 channels". :)

TheTimm said:
Nope. Nobody's expecting 30 more HD channels and 100 more SD channels for free. And I for one don't mind paying a little extra for channels I want. I simply don't think too many folks are gonna make the jump from basic to VaVaVoom for these channels. I apologize if I'm not waving my cheerleader pompoms enough for you, but I'd like a middle tier of programming, or packages available at reasonable prices.
This will do little to bring in new subs or get current subs to upgrade IMO. These simply are not premium channels. I'm not saying it's a bad thing that they added them -- just that they screwed up how they added them IMO.

No need to clarify as that was the point of my post. That many who are cheerleading don't seem to want to pay for this fantastic possibility of a service.

Middle tier would be nice and competitive as well and I agree that how they added these latest was not good. Again I cannot help but to lay some of this on our legislators who seem bent on not allowing Ala Carte offering's.