New Channels Added: - Discoveries & Fox Movie

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I hope they're done with SD channels additions and use what remains of the bandwidth (before MPEG4) for HD. Come on VOOM give me at least one HD channel NOW. Maybe ESPN2-HD, please!!!

Walter L. said:
I hope they're done with SD channels additions and use what remains of the bandwidth (debore MPEG4) for HD. Come on VOOM give me at least one HD channel NOW. ESPN2-HD please!!!

I think you are going to get it soon.

freezetime said:
619-623 have been added. Military and the discoveries. 288 is Fox Movie Channel. Only VA VA Voom can get them. I hope people like them because I sure don't. Still waiting for my Fox Sports West.
Hey Great did not check new services but oh WOW: we have more and E & D has less now ok, gooooo VOOM:

I'm new around here... but something I think is quite obvious in this time hasn't been mentioned by many of you, fellow Voomers.... and that is that Voom is in a transition... and that may have to do with incoherent (for lack of a better word) stuff like this. Maybe, as soon as the whole situation is resolved (which hopefully will happen soon), they will amend themselves and come up with the much wanted middle-tier package and even a better pricing structure, who knows?... I just think it is just too early to tell, with total and complete assurance, WTF is going on with the Voom honchos right now.

Just my opinion... please go easy on me, hehehe :).

I hear more is coming (possibly by the end of the week)

No word if the new channels will also require Vavavoom, hopfully someone is using their Noggin over there. ;)

The H said:
I'm new around here... but something I think is quite obvious in this time hasn't been mentioned by many of you, fellow Voomers.... and that is that Voom is in a transition... and that may have to do with incoherent (for lack of a better word) stuff like this. Maybe, as soon as the whole situation is resolved (which hopefully will happen soon), they will amend themselves and come up with the much wanted middle-tier package and even a better pricing structure, who knows?... I just think it is just too early to tell, with total and complete assurance, WTF is going on with the Voom honchos right now.

I think if you want middle tier stuff you should not have : VOOM : Voom is HD first and SD second: sorry about that:

The H said:

Welcome "The H" in Houston. It's snowing like crazy here in the panhandle. And looky there....I still have a signal.

:)

Scott Greczkowski said:

No word if the new channels will also require Vavavoom, hopfully someone is using their Noggin over there. ;)
Subtle, Scott -- a real thinker. :D Hopefully they're reading this thread and will see that the VaVa decision was frowned upon by some -- although I still suspect they're positioning themselves for a middle tier/plus pack.

I just shot them off a message to their customer service e-mail expressing my disappointment that they added the new channels to Va Va Voom. I have the Discovery channels on my C-Band all digital package, but I still wanted to voice my opinion. If they make their Voom package attractive enough more people will jump over I believe. Just a thought

Scott Greczkowski said:

Do you hear any HD this time? Maybe ESPN2-HD? :D

As a VaVaVoom subscriber I am very happy that they added six channels to my lineup at no cost to me. Way to go Voom!

How is that? ;)

andrzej said:
As a VaVaVoom subscriber I am very happy that they added six channels to my lineup at no cost to me. Way to go Voom!

How is that? ;)
Bad Grammer all all that's Great: let's hope Voom makes it thru April 1 st, you know ?? what that day means??

Nothing alse matters but HD.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I'm tired of waiting for new HD channels for asking for more info. for requesting local sports channels and getting them SD channels suck for HDTV owners, why can the cable or satellite comp's agree that by giving us more local HD channels would get more costumer's.
does anybody ever watched the European Basketball thing I mean good for them but we want our local sports...

No disrespect to any one but I'm starting to feel that I'm wasting my money
and that we should have seen this coming SD channels VS HD channels, "our HD market is no where near strong enough to get this moving faster" Cablevicion costumer REP.
" I'm sorry sir. at this time we dont have any Info. to give out to costumer's"
VOOM costumer REP.
"Well we are trying to get some more channels in HD towards 2007. meanwhile we will still try to add some here and there." a friend who works for Direct T.V

*shrug* I'm betting once the whole live or die thing is sorted out, we will see some sort of middle tier price plan. I'm glad I get these new channels I guess, though I really only wanted BBCA (which of course didn't happen...)

New Channels

I just shot them off an e-mail message expressing my concern to customer service about the 6 new channels to the Va Va Voom package. It seems to me that if they make their Voom package more attractive new subscribers will make the jump especially with the current HD offered. The only thing that held me up from dropping Dish was no Lifetime which my wife loves, and last week they added the Lifetime package and I dropped Dish the next day. I know they can not please everyone with programming but the Discovery channels they added last night could have been part of the Voom package. As far as Fox Movie Channel that should be in the same category as TCM Bravo AMC not a premium service. I have all the channels they added last night on my C-band all digital package. Just a thought

Andrzej:

How about this:

As a VaVaVoom subscriber I am very happy that they added six more channels to my lineup at no cost to me. Now I get 42 channels more than if I had bought the basic Voom package. Way to go Voom!

How is that? ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts