New Channels and Olympics on VOOM?

Scott Greczkowski said:
Please consider this a Rumor.

But I have on good authority that VOOM will add the following channels on August 1st.

Fox Sports Ohio (Cleveland) - Channel 350
Fox Sports Ohio (Cincinnati) - Channel 352
Fox Sports HD - Channel 351

Fox Sports Florida - Channel 340
Fox Sports Florida HD - Channel 341
If true, here's one reason they might add the Fox Sports Ohio channels. Way back in October when my system was installed, the installer claimed he was going to install three STBs at Dolan's brother Larry's house. He owns the Cleveland Indians and may want to watch his team since they're no longer on free TV. Thanks Larry.

barth2k said:
what content would fox sports hd have?

not to gripe, but what's so special about florida and ohio? I would think NY and LA would be higher priorities :)
Why not Florida, they have the reigning Baseball and Hockey Champions. I dont think LA or NY have any.

Scott Greczkowski said:

But I have on good authority that VOOM will add the following channels on August 1st.

USA Network will launch on Voom by August 3rd (No channel number given)

Also I am receiving word that VOOM will be carrying the NBC HD Olympic Feed on Channel 321.

Please don't shoot the messenger is this does not come true, however this information comes to me from various sources and the information matches so I felt it was worth reporting. :)
I just heard they were adding SCI-FI, USA and Lifetime by the end of August, no later than the end of September.

kfried001 said:
I just heard they were adding SCI-FI, USA and Lifetime by the end of August, no later than the end of September.
I'm all turned around on this thing now. I was mad that there would be no FSSW, but Lifetime is just as good :rolleyes:

wasch_24 said:
And she is the future wife because she doesn't wnat/need those channels :)

wash_24, my wife doesn't care about FOOD or HDTV and she is not alone out there in her choice. Some time ago there was a poll here about the importance of including the FOOD channel in the Voom's lineup and, as I remember, many people could live without it.

andrzej said:
wash_24, my wife doesn't care about FOOD or HDTV and she is not alone out there in her choice. Some time ago there was a poll here about the importance of including the FOOD channel in the Voom's lineup and, as I remember, many people could live without it.
I know, my wife used to like those channels too, but now if it aint HD she aint interested. :up :yes She's a keeper.

I sub to Directv also....and I also heard that DTV will be carrying NBC in HD for the Olympics also. Actually I heard that its going to stay as one of their ch's after the olympics. So, it is good that VOOM is stepping up to the plate on giving us the NBC feed for the olympics.....because for the life of me I cant get a good enough sig OTA from nbC here in NY.

Scott Greczkowski said:

USA Network will launch on Voom by August 3rd (No channel number given)

Also I am receiving word that VOOM will be carrying the NBC HD Olympic Feed on Channel 321.

Please don't shoot the messenger is this does not come true, however this information comes to me from various sources and the information matches so I felt it was worth reporting. :)
If this is true, (I didnt even know there was a Fox HD Florida) It would be good, and for the first time, I can seriously think of EOL for my D*.

FunkyBoss said:
Wow, so what does that mean for viewers not in the Ohio or Florida areas? Are we blacked out from this programming?
Voom can blackout areas... The other night Florida was playing Phily and the game was on Fox Florida but also on ESPN HD, it was blacked out on 301.

vurbano said:
Why not Florida, they have the reigning Baseball and Hockey Champions. I dont think LA or NY have any.
Sunshine network Tampa=Magic/Lightning Games/Gators
Sunshine network Miami/ftl=Heat/Gators
Fox Sports Florida (Tampa) = Devil Rays/FSU
Fox Sports Florida (Miami) = Marlins/Panthers/Hurricanes

I think that is the breakdown, I guess it will be area dependant.

Actually it's much simpler than that

Sunshine Network in Tampa (Ctl and Nth FL) - Lightning and Magic
Sunshine Network (South Florida) - Miami Heat
Fox Sports Florida (Panthers Territory) - Panthers
Fox Sprts Florida - Devil Rays and Marlins

The whole state gets to see both baseball teams, The MLB has diff blackouts than the NBA and NHL I guess. And there are no blackouts for the college games on these networks.

I think the next round of FSN's to be added will be the Rainbow owned ones, and there are like 6 or 7 of those left. My FOX Sports Chicago is in that category.

flipper2001 said:
If this is true, (I didnt even know there was a Fox HD Florida) It would be good, and for the first time, I can seriously think of EOL for my D*.

Yeah. You got me on that one, too. First I've heard of Fox HD Florida. In fact, I recall a quote from a month or two ago from someone either associated with Fox Florida or the Marlins that they would not be broadcasting in HD until 2006! I am hoping that competition will speed them up but I don't think Fox HD exists now. Someone, please, prove me wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)