New Channels and Olympics on VOOM?

SCIFI already records their "stargate" shows in HD (they are aired in canada in HD because the provider is HD capable).... I would guess that the new battlestar galactica would also be recorded in HD and pretty much any new series from them (just a guess here).

Stargate in HD ALONE would make SCIFI-HD worth it.

Im also interested to see how the "regional" fox sports will work.

jagouar said:
Stargate in HD ALONE would make SCIFI-HD worth it.

Wow I didn't know that show was in HD, yeah I agree that alone would be fantastic. I hope that by the time Voom's expanded it's transponders and we all have the new dish, that Voom works out a deal with SciFI, and they get encouraged to go HD. Either that or a Voom produced SciFI channel (wouldn't have to be exclusive) with the same type of programming would equally be awesome. I'm a huge sci-fi nut would really like to see something like this happen.

Sorry I never reveal my sources. My information may or may not come from the companies or programmers.

I can say that this info came from a handfull of sources, not just one person.

Scott Greczkowski said:
from a handfull of sources

Well that's good at least it was more than one person. As long as it's not "more than one CSR" we're cool.

wasch_24 said:
Is it possible that the space for these channels is already set aside on the current transponders? Sean and Scott have always said that even though it isn't available to watch all space is filled by 'fillers'. So it is possible that even though our boxes are telling us we have like 141 channels the transponders are already carrying the load for 200 or so. Just a thought.
I think we had it figured out there was space for 2 HD or 6 sd not the amount mentioned here..but who knows

Scott Greczkowski said:
Please consider this a Rumor.

But I have on good authority that VOOM will add the following channels on August 1st.

Fox Sports Ohio (Cleveland) - Channel 350
Fox Sports Ohio (Cincinnati) - Channel 352
Fox Sports HD - Channel 351

Fox Sports Florida - Channel 340
Fox Sports Florida HD - Channel 341

USA Network will launch on Voom by August 3rd (No channel number given)

Also I am receiving word that VOOM will be carrying the NBC HD Olympic Feed on Channel 321.

Please don't shoot the messenger is this does not come true, however this information comes to me from various sources and the information matches so I felt it was worth reporting. :)

ph great---more crappy sports channels

we want SCIFI ASAP!!!!!

telekol said:
more crappy sports channels

Hey know let's not say something you can't take back later, man. Just calm down and let's work this out.

Sports are one of the main reasons people bought an HD tv, not to watch Capt. Kirk circle your-anus and search for cling-ons :shh..especially in SD

Ok. Are the spot beams seperated enough between Florida and Ohio that Voom might turn them on for these sports channels? That would save some bandwidth by overlapping these channels. I saw the map of the spot beam placements once, but lost the url for it.

ROLLZROYCE said:
Sports are one of the main reasons people bought an HD tv, not to watch Capt. Kirk circle your-anus and search for cling-ons :shh..especially in SD

Kirk's on Spike TV which we do get. We're just not getting Star Gate SG1, Star Gate Atlantis, both episodes of the new Battlestar Galactica series(can you believe they've already started promoting their January 05 showing)Andromeda.

Maybe we should do a pole of who wants which channels

J Maybe we should do a pole of who wants which channels[/QUOTE said:
I secend that motion...(who can make one any volunteers?)

Kirk and his klingon ana@ probe

Attachments

• anaalprobe.jpg
    anaalprobe.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 108
Sports and movies=more subs. The fact that the new Fox RSN's are about to appear (hopefully?) should indicate that VOOM has done their homework on what will bring in the most new customers. BTW, everyone will most likely receive all of the new Fox RSN's. While each RSN does have regional content including local pro sports coverage, there are also national shows that air on each at the same time: I, Max at 5pm, Best Damn Sports Show at 10pm, Totally NASCAR and Off The Wall are also shown at the same time on all the RSN's. It seems a little odd to me that VOOM would introduce the RSN's before offering the individual sports subs (MLB, NBA Season Pass, NHL Total Ice) because there will be plenty of blackouts on the RSN's during primetime hours. At least college football won't be blacked out so I guess I won't complain too much!! Kinda weird to use up precious bandwidth on channels that nobody will be able to view from 7-10pm most evenings. Maybe the sports subs are on the way?? That would be most awesome as it would allow me to stop paying for DTV after the NFL season ends (Yeah, I know that I won't get NFL ST on VOOM for years, but, the wife ain't gonna put up with 2 dishes forever!!)

D*, E*, and Voom are going to have to supply HD feeds from the regional sports networks if they are going to be successful in HD. In my area all of the Atlanta Braves home games are broadcast in HD. I can receive the WTBS HD broadcasts OTA. However, the home games carried by the regional Turner South network are only available in HD on a special channel on Atlanta area cable systems that carries the WTBS and Turner South HD feed.

A post on an AVS site says that the US Open Tennis tournament that is being carried in SD by the USA Network will be carried in HD by Bravo HD, a sister network. Bravo is also a sister network to The SciFi Channel. Since Stargate SG1 and Stargate Atlantis are being shot in HD, it would be fantastic if the HD feeds of these shows were also carried by Bravo HD! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)