New channels coming soon?

freezetime said:
I am not very impressed with the VOOM's 21 Original's because most of them play the same 2 to 3 things all day long. I would rather them get rid of some of those channels that repeat the same thing over and over again and add some channels that show different things. As for the person who told me to stop complaining about wanting FSW, if you were a sports fan, you would realize how important of a channel that is. I only complain because Fox Sports Regionals are a TOP request and I don't understand why VOOM keeps ignoring the fact that people want these channels first rather than channels like Military and NG. To me it doesn't make sense. I will not mention FSW anymore, I didn't realize people are so touchy on these boards. I can have an opinion and mine is to replace channels people don't care about or that show the same 2 to 3 things all day long with ones they WANT and DO care about.

If I was a sports fan...hmmm I guess my screenname says nothing, I am a sports fan I want FSN as bad as anyone else, but I have taken the hint that it will be a while before it comes, and accepted that. But I never said that you can not have your opinion. Your opinion can be voiced but when you keep repeating yourself not only in the same topic over and over again but in multiple topics over and over again, it simple gets annoying and wastes bandwidth on this forum that could be used for other things.

And I am not the first one to tell you to stop posting the samething over and over again.

Plus if the 21 Exclusives do not interest you, what is the point in keeping Voom? Most of the other HD channels are offered on other providers.

And also don't believe what a CSR said (which has been stated many times) and just because a channel is not imporatant to you does not mean that it is not imporatant to others (and vise-versa).

ROLLZROYCE said:
Voom needs to realize how important they are. They already start with a limited market by specializing in HDTV, which up until this past year not many people had even heard of. Thanks to demos at Best Buy and other television retailers, consumers finally get a glimpse at what their TV should look like. Most common reaction I have heard "Wow, I thought my TV looked great until I saw this." Ask the common person walking down the street what they think about Voom possibly going under, you will probably get the response "What the hell is Voom?"

In order for Voom to succeed it is a MUST to have locals in either SD or HD, that is a fact. I do not even know if D* or E* would still be around if they didn't offer locals other than OTA. Wake up Voom, locals(including FSN and other regional sports channels) are the key to your success!
You May have a point, but for the fact: up until the JVC Recorder that Dish sold in 97 you had to turn off your Satellite to receive Locals, People are just lazy the want a program guide like cable. The DTV Toshiba Hd receiver passed the OTA Signal. with program guide, I switched to Voom for the other 29 HD Channels, not the OTA . And Must sub's will have gray hair or be going to the grave before we see HD locals on Satellite, don't you agree.

ROLLZROYCE said:
Voom needs to realize how important they are. They already start with a limited market by specializing in HDTV, which up until this past year not many people had even heard of. Thanks to demos at Best Buy and other television retailers, consumers finally get a glimpse at what their TV should look like. Most common reaction I have heard "Wow, I thought my TV looked great until I saw this." Ask the common person walking down the street what they think about Voom possibly going under, you will probably get the response "What the hell is Voom?"

In order for Voom to succeed it is a MUST to have locals in either SD or HD, that is a fact. I do not even know if D* or E* would still be around if they didn't offer locals other than OTA. Wake up Voom, locals(including FSN and other regional sports channels) are the key to your success!

Yes I understand that locals are important, but Voom just does not have, and will not have the capacity to do locals for a year or more. Where they can make up for that is adding National (distant) feeds. That would be something they should (and could) strive to add.

yanks2402 said:
Yes I understand that locals are important, but Voom just does not have, and will not have the capacity to do locals for a year or more. Where they can make up for that is adding National (distant) feeds. That would be something they should (and could) strive to add.
This I can agree with , But we should add, the (1) dish Law, will D & E or Does D & E give this to their sub's for FREE :: I think not.

As much as I want more HD channels now, IMO, the most important channels that VOOM should add now are RSN (much more than the Lifetimes, Discoveries, ect.). How many times we hear people say that they don't go VOOM "because it lacks my RSN". Come on VOOM, add ALL RSN now (before MLB season) and make everybody happy:

Altitude Sports & Entertainment
Comcast SportsNet (Chicago)
Comcast SportsNet (Mid-Atlantic)
Comcast SportsNet (West)
FSN ARIZONA
FSN BAY AREA
FSN CINCINNATI
FSN DETROIT
FSN FLORIDA
FSN MIDWEST
FSN NEW ENGLAND
FSN NEW YORK
FSN NORTH
FSN NORTHWEST
FSN OHIO
FSN PITTSBURGH
FSN ROCKY MOUNTAIN
FSN SOUTH
FSN SOUTHWEST
FSN WEST
FSN WEST 2
Madison Square Garden (MSG)
New England Sports Network
Sun Sports
YES Network

Walter L. said:
As much as I want more HD channels now, IMO, the most important channels that VOOM should add now are RSN (much more than the Lifetimes, Discoveries, ect.). How many times we hear people say that they don't go VOOM "because it lacks my RSN". Come on VOOM, add ALL RSN now (before MLB season) and make everybody happy:

Comcast SportsNet (West)
FSN ARIZONA
FSN BAY AREA
FSN CINCINNATI
FSN DETROIT
FSN FLORIDA
FSN MIDWEST
FSN NEW ENGLAND
FSN NEW YORK
FSN NORTH
FSN NORTHWEST
FSN OHIO
FSN PITTSBURGH
FSN ROCKY MOUNTAIN
FSN SOUTH
FSN SOUTHWEST
FSN WEST
FSN WEST 2
Sun Sports
YES Network
I think you're way out their, very few if any people buy Satellites for " FSN ", Maybe "NFL" but not " FSN ", most if not all will get their game from " OTA ", or at least were I live we do:

Walter L. said:

Comcast SportsNet (West)
FSN ARIZONA
FSN BAY AREA
FSN CINCINNATI
FSN DETROIT
FSN FLORIDA
FSN MIDWEST
FSN NEW ENGLAND
FSN NEW YORK
FSN NORTH
FSN NORTHWEST
FSN OHIO
FSN PITTSBURGH
FSN ROCKY MOUNTAIN
FSN SOUTH
FSN SOUTHWEST
FSN WEST
FSN WEST 2
Sun Sports
YES Network

:) Great list

kelljc said:
I think you're way out their, very few if any people buy Satellites for " FSN ", Maybe "NFL" but not " FSN ", most if not all will get their game from " OTA ", or at least were I live we do:

Not way out there. There are tons of individuals who will not switch to VOOM because they do not have their loca rsn. Alot of people stick with cable and sattelite to suppor this requirement. I am one. We need Fox Sports Arizona for the Diamondback games and there we need basic cable.

Ken

yanks2402 said:
I agree. But the fact is that without having the capacity they wont provide locals and therefore only exsist in a handful of homes.

yanks2402 said:
And what capacity do you guys think they are going to put local channels on? Yes locals are important but Voom is not and will not be in that position for several years.

It's been so long for me since I even worried about the poor reception of locals that sometimes it's hard for me to connect with that issue. I vaguely remember thinking that it would be so nice to get cable so I could get local stations much clearer. After many years with cable I couldn't wait to ditch cable analog channels for satellite digital channels.

I get pretty strong digital OTA signals for all the major OTA networks now. It's hard to sympathize with those that can't get strong locals. I don't see how being to receive locals from satellite can benefit me, especially since I would have to pay for satellite locals and I don't have to pay for OTA stations.

But I care about VOOM and I understand that many people will opt out of VOOM because they can't get their locals. There is a need for VOOM to provide major networks and locals to promote additional growth of the subscription base. With VOOM's SD capacity reported to be increasing by 200 channels and it's HD capacity increasing by 30 channels in the very near future, it seams like there could be a possibility that VOOM could provide at least one HD channel for each of the major networks and maybe SD channels for many of the local areas.

In the long term, with the new contracted satellites going up, VOOM is reported that it will be able to support 5000 channels. With that many channels I would think almost all the local channels could be supported. With the sales of digital television sets continuing to grow and with VOOM continuing to add both SD and HD channel, it looks like Mr. Dolan is going to be setting the standard for the satellite industry and could possibly pass up both *E and *D.

I am starting to see a vision of a future where we look back and say, "How could we ever have doubted the success of VOOM way back in 2005?" In the mean time I will continue to support Mr. Dolan's vision and continue to enjoy VOOM.

kfried001 said:
Not way out there. There are tons of individuals who will not switch to VOOM because they do not have their loca rsn. Alot of people stick with cable and sattelite to suppor this requirement. I am one. We need Fox Sports Arizona for the Diamondback games and there we need basic cable.

Ken
That's exactly my point. It's easy to make adjustments when you don't have channels like Lifetime's, Discoveries, ect. but nothing can replace your RSN to watch your local team.

yanks2402 said:
If I was a sports fan...hmmm I guess my screenname says nothing, I am a sports fan I want FSN as bad as anyone else, but I have taken the hint that it will be a while before it comes, and accepted that. But I never said that you can not have your opinion. Your opinion can be voiced but when you keep repeating yourself not only in the same topic over and over again but in multiple topics over and over again, it simple gets annoying and wastes bandwidth on this forum that could be used for other things.

And I am not the first one to tell you to stop posting the samething over and over again.

Plus if the 21 Exclusives do not interest you, what is the point in keeping Voom? Most of the other HD channels are offered on other providers.

And also don't believe what a CSR said (which has been stated many times) and just because a channel is not imporatant to you does not mean that it is not imporatant to others (and vise-versa).

I knew by your screen name you liked the Yankees. I like the Angels and mostly all home games, except the few that show on ESPN or FOX, are only on FSW. I can watch away games as I get my local channels. I guess it is different for the Yankees because I'm sure you would be complaining too if you could not watch your Yankees play home games. I cannot afford both VOOM and cable or else I would not be complaining. The Angels play 81 home games a year and VOOM is telling all the Sports fans out there we would rather add Military than a sports channel so you can't watch your favorite team play any home games. Like has been said by other people other than me on this board, the FSRN are very important and people are calling in asking why they aren't there and requesting them and VOOM is IGNORING them. That is my problem.

kfried001 said:

Ken

The Diamondbacks might actually be worth watching this year! Last year I was not totally bummed by not receiving FSN Arizona because they were so lousy. Troy, Russ, Shawn and Royce should help this year! Sports channels are very important to the success of Voom, I know a bunch of people who would not even consider Voom without local sports channels.

freezetime said:
. Like has been said by other people other than me on this board, the FSRN are very important and people are calling in asking why they aren't there and requesting them and VOOM is IGNORING them. That is my problem.
Just because the RSN's aren't being added as quickly as you would doesn't mean Voom is ignoring everybody. Hopefully, they will get these channels. I understand that you want what you want when you want it (and that would be RIGHT NOW!!!!) but they've obviously put their priorities elsewhere. Sucks, but we either have to live with it or leave. I'm gonna wait. Yes, it blows that I don't get Fox Sports Detroit. The Tigers' deal with the local channel that carries about 25 games OTA fell apart this year so unless something changes I will get to see approximately zero Tigers games on tv this year. Too bad for me. What am I gonna do? Go to cable? LOL. D*? E* Puh-leeze. I'll just be as patient as I can.

Walt, i'm going to agree that this should be the #1 thing voom is focusing on over anything else. Sports viewers make up a lot of the satellite customers. Hell most people originally moved to direct tv because of the sports they offered over everyone else.

And locals I just cant' jump on right now. When you look out how many cities there are out there, adding 5-6 locals channels for each city, it just takes up to much bandwidth. I'm sorry that people live in small towns that can't get signals from there local channels, but why should everyone else suffer with wasting bandwidth? Locals to me should get put, but only after everything else is delt with first. Plus, what was done for those channels before satellite/Cable was around? If you can't get local channels, i'm sorry but i don't see that as a voom issue, or one voom should resolve. I see that as an issue where you live with your local television stations. You always have the option of getting just local cable feeds. Costs you more, but thats the price you have to pay. I think if voom started offering Local channels to everyone before other issue's got solved, that would be one of the only things that would push me to leave the service, mainly because there are so many other more important issue's that should be addressed.

what would you rather impliment, channels that NO ONE in the country can get without a satellite/cable deal, or channels some can get without it, and some can't.

I can understand the same arguement for RSN, but the difference is the only way to get those for ANYONE in the us is through a cable/satellite service. Voom to me should offer its customers what cannot be gotten from local channels..

freezetime said:
I knew by your screen name you liked the Yankees. I like the Angels and mostly all home games, except the few that show on ESPN or FOX, are only on FSW. I can watch away games as I get my local channels. I guess it is different for the Yankees because I'm sure you would be complaining too if you could not watch your Yankees play home games. I cannot afford both VOOM and cable or else I would not be complaining. The Angels play 81 home games a year and VOOM is telling all the Sports fans out there we would rather add Military than a sports channel so you can't watch your favorite team play any home games. Like has been said by other people other than me on this board, the FSRN are very important and people are calling in asking why they aren't there and requesting them and VOOM is IGNORING them. That is my problem.

Yes I understand very well. Living in Tampa I have not seen the Yankees on my RSN since I left NY (except when the play the Devil Rays). It is very tough. I apologize for coming on so hard, I am more angry at the trolls who keep posting that it is the end fo Voom :mad: So lets leave it at that.

If you are interested in watching the Angel games, a suggestion would be to check out MLB.tv http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/video/mlb_tv.jsp . I know it is not the same, but I may be something to think about. :)

Some of the other channels may be required to be added by contracts that Voom signed. The best example of this would be the Discovery networks, not to mention that Malone is not on the Cablevision board.

What about in the NEW YORK area there is no YES network for us Yankee Fans. I remember last year wanting to watch the Yanks Boston matchup that was only on YES Network here in NY. Thank God I had Directv.

You know, it occurs to me that we are all a little late in telling VOOM what channels we want. We should have been telling VOOM last November what we wanted when they released that they were going to add 200+ channels. Now, if we are going to be getting all those channels in the near future, all the deals are already made and all the contracts are signed. Hopefully enough of us told VOOM what we wanted last November that some of what we want will come true soon.

IMO Sports is one of the main reasons I bought an HDTV! I can't get enough. I don't even like basketball but I will watch it when it is on in HD. Even people who are not into sports cannot pass up a sports game of any kind when they are showing off their TV to friends.

Do I think their is a need for another ESPN HD channel? No

Do I think Voom should carry ESPN2HD? Without a Doubt!

If Voom picked up ESPN2HD it would set them apart yet again from others. It sucks that a majority of the programming on both ESPNHD & ESPN2HD is in SD, but it is such an important market I don't think any provider should be without either channel if they expect HD to take off. These channels are very important to the success of HD in general but Voom could be the first to offer ESPN2HD. ESPN knows this and is just waiting for someone to break down and add it...the others will have no choice but to follow.

yanks2402 said:
Yes I understand very well. Living in Tampa I have not seen the Yankees on my RSN since I left NY (except when the play the Devil Rays). It is very tough. I apologize for coming on so hard, I am more angry at the trolls who keep posting that it is the end fo Voom :mad: So lets leave it at that.

If you are interested in watching the Angel games, a suggestion would be to check out MLB.tv http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/video/mlb_tv.jsp . I know it is not the same, but I may be something to think about. :)

Some of the other channels may be required to be added by contracts that Voom signed. The best example of this would be the Discovery networks, not to mention that Malone is not on the Cablevision board.

Thanks for the link but I already knew about MLB streaming. I don't want to pay $80 a year to sit around my 17 inch monitor when I should be watching it on my 40 inch tube for no extra charge. I never once said that VOOM is doomed. I am rooting for VOOM as I am glad about being apart of the future but by not having these very important FSRN, sadly I will have to leave VOOM because I have already been missing all Laker home games and to tell me I can't watch my Angels now does not sit well and I won't have it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts