New DVR owner..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

stanswx

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 21, 2004
Champaign, IL
I just got back from Circuit City where I purchased a nifty RCA DVR80 DirecTV DVR for $99. I'm only using the one sat input at the moment since I only have a dual LNB. (the other coax is going to the receiver in the other room) This whole pausing live TV thing is really freaking cool. I flipped back and forth between the Cubs game and the Nascar race and it was neat to be able to rewind over and over again. (yeah, it'd be better with both tuners going I know!) I do have a few questions though:

1) What's the latest software version? Mine lists 3.1.1c-01-2-321, though it's currently downloading something via the phone line. Is there a list of what's been updated in each update?

2) I noticed there's 2 USB ports on the back, though the manual just says 'for future use'. I've read that regular Tivo owners can mod their's to hook up a usb-ethernet adapter and then schedule programs and do updates using a broadband connection. Is this something we can do with DirecTV DVR or not?

3) Is there anyway to map the Standby button to a button the remote? It's a pain to get up and hit the standby button on the receiver or spend 15 seconds going through the menu to hit standby. :) The only reason I ask is that I don't have local channels on the dish yet so I need to switch back and forth between the VCR and DVR. I used to have it setup on the normal RCA DirecTV receiver to just use the antenna button on the remote to switch back and forth. My TV only has an RF input, so the TV input on the remote doesn't do anything.

One other note. When I was on the phone activating the DVR, I asked the customer service lady if she had new updates on my local channels. Of course all she fed me was the same info on the website: Coming in 2004, equipment to be determined. :) Ah well, didn't hurt to ask.

Thanks again for the info!

-Stan

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)