New hardware on the horizon?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Fyi, in case your not aware, the THR22 doesn't do everything the rest do, either SWM or MRV from what I remember.
Someone will update that info , but I know theres something different about it.

Yeah it is a lack luster hr22 with tivo software on it. it can do swm just not mrv

Claude Greiner said:
Directv is coming out with a box Like the Joey that interfaces with the HR34.

They are still going to charge $6 per month for the box, so you might as well stick to the h35 and h24 for the additional tv's

C-31 clients is what they're called, available in beta markets at this time

Directv is coming out with a box Like the Joey that interfaces with the HR34.

They are still going to charge $6 per month for the box, so you might as well stick to the h35 and h24 for the additional tv's

C-31 clients is what they're called, available in beta markets at this time

Why would anyone want/need this new box? What can this box do that the H25 cannot do? If it will be like the Joey then it won't have a tuner, the H25 has one!

Fyi, in case your not aware, the THR22 doesn't do everything the rest do, either SWM or MRV from what I remember.

I know,that's why I'm putting it in my mothers room. My net increase of tuners for recording is from me combining the 5 tuners from the HR34 with the 2 tuners from the HR24 for 7 tuners,1 tuner more than the 6 tuners from my HR24,HR23,& HR22 combined. I wouldn't have to change or add any more cable wiring,I'd just have to replace my LNB with a 4 cable LNB & add a SWM16. I'm also keeping the H24 in her room so that she'd still have access to the other HR24,HR34 DVR's through MRV.

Why would anyone want/need this new box? What can this box do that the H25 cannot do? If it will be like the Joey then it won't have a tuner, the H25 has one!

perhaps it can manage the upcoming recordings on the HR34.. the H25 cannot.. it can only schedule them.. not edit them, nor delete/adjust them.

perhaps it can manage the upcoming recordings on the HR34.. the H25 cannot.. it can only schedule them.. not edit them, nor delete/adjust them.
Sorry, I don't have yet the HR34/H25. What do you mean by edit/adjust recording? Whatever the problem is, it can be fixed with software update not new hardware.

Full DVR functionality including trick play of "live" TV. I won't be upgrading anything D* until I can see if it really works. This will be the future, I'd bet that once the RVU boxes are stable/widely available the HR34/C31 combos will be the standard whole home setup for new installs and you won't see H2x HD receivers "free" anymore.

I know,that's why I'm putting it in my mothers room. My net increase of tuners for recording is from me combining the 5 tuners from the HR34 with the 2 tuners from the HR24 for 7 tuners,1 tuner more than the 6 tuners from my HR24,HR23,& HR22 combined. I wouldn't have to change or add any more cable wiring,I'd just have to replace my LNB with a 4 cable LNB & add a SWM16. I'm also keeping the H24 in her room so that she'd still have access to the other HR24,HR34 DVR's through MRV.

I have a swm16 brand new in the box for cheap if you need it.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

It will do SWM, and deffinitly does not work with MRV.

Not sure if it supports DECA, as I couldn't get it to work on mine and just plugged an eithernet cable in the back of it.

the HR34 is in a class all its own and DTV has real testers not sending it nation wide saying it works great install it and then say o you want to use that its coming soon. If DTV wanted to sink dish just push out Free HR 34 and 3 C-31 with no fees for the clients .

Auto hopper is nothing new and has been around in custom Av installs for years not one company has had the balls to take it to the masses as the legal fees would sink them. Its no problem for dish as they can just swing some funds off over inflated $17 dvr fee that they imposed after they lost the tivo suit. When they lose the current fight with the big 4 we could see mabe $27 fee?? And yes they will lose this fight but it will go on and on and on for 1-2 years tops.

Sorry, I don't have yet the HR34/H25. What do you mean by edit/adjust recording? Whatever the problem is, it can be fixed with software update not new hardware.

From an H25.. you can hit the record button, and the HR34 will record what you told it.. but you cannot change the recording options (for new/repeats), nor delete the upcoming recording (if you hit the record key on the wrong item, or no longer want to record a series).. in fact you can't even see a list of what will be recorded from the H25.

and yes, I'm sure it COULD get fixed in SW... and yet the HR34 has been out for how many months, and there's no indication of this even yet being in the CE's. Having spent several years with Dish, I can only assume it will be added to the SW "soon" (as, in when he11 freezes over)

As someone who most certainly doesn't need 7 tuners (1 HR34 + 2xH25), I would happily trade for these new clients if they offered trick-play. I really do miss having that on all TVs. (I fed TV2 on my Dish 622 to several locations). 3 tuners (on a Hopper) is more than enough for our viewing habits.

Claude Greiner said:

Not sure if it supports DECA, as I couldn't get it to work on mine and just plugged an eithernet cable in the back of it.

It will do deca (THR22) but it has to set up using an HRxx series receiver before it will work

It will do deca (THR22) but it has to set up using an HRxx series receiver before it will work

I thought & was going by the assumption that it needed a DECA adapter,just like the HR22,for DECA to work on it.

exactly. The RCU grabs one of the HR34's tuners. The H25 does not
I guess those people who dont want to hit "record" to be able to use DVR controls on the remote unit will like it

You are dreaming if you think ANY provider is going to allow no fees for clients, C-31 like, or RVU TVs.

I don't have one so I can't say for sure but I haven't seen any documents showing where they are charged per RVU TV.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

From DirecTV website. "There is a $6 monthly fee for each RVU-enabled TV connected to your Home Media Center HD DVR. A monthly Advanced Receiver Service fee also applies. To learn more about RVU, please call 1-800-DIRECTV."

what about allvid will that have a fee for each tv??

Making you pay a outlet fee / mirroring fee for YOUR OWN TV with out a box on it seems like the old cable days where some systems tried to do that.

Joe The Dragon said:
what about allvid will that have a fee for each tv??

Making you pay a outlet fee / mirroring fee for YOUR OWN TV with out a box on it seems like the old cable days where some systems tried to do that.

If you're using YOUR OWN TV then it still won't work. If you want to use a client on a tv it still requires a box, a small broadband deca that hooks in to the Ethernet port on the tv so there is still technically a box at that location.

As for why would anybody want a C-31, it will do everything the HR34 does the only downfall is you lose a tuner per each one but you can hook up 6 (it might be 8) total and use 3 plus the 34 continually.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)