NEW HD Channels are LIVE

cforrest said:
Glad to see the new channels up, so what's the next HD channels besides Food Network-HD? :p
I know A&E HD is testing and they have the History Channel HD on the same transponder, but it's so far a mirror of A&E HD. Hopefully these 2 HD channels are in the near future.

Al

Strange that NFL Net would be in bronze, one would think that that channel would be in sliver and up...

dlm10541 said:
Well I hope they change their mind or I am gone. :mad: I dropped D* for more HD content. I felt forced into the Bronze package since all I wanted from Dish is HD.

If all you wanted was HD, why didnt you just get the HD STANDALONE package? :rolleyes:

Dish Website lists NGEOHD as part of the Bronze package

I just went to the website and it is clear as day that there are 26 HD channels in the Bronze Package. It is even listed on their latest advertisement for $200 off for new subscribers. The site also lists 29 TOTAL HD channels so that is your HBO, SHO, Starz!.

Attachments

• Picture 6.png
    Picture 6.png
    5.8 KB · Views: 116
  • Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    55.3 KB · Views: 102
psumattDE said:
I get a kick out of everyone on here that expects all these new HD channels for nothing.

Oh, i'm dropping DISH if they don't put this in Bronze...blah blah blah...

You think they got the tranmission rights to these channels for nothing?? Pony up some $$$ like the rest of us.

Point taken...but look at it from this angle. Let's compare the prices of the HD Metallic packages, and the non-HD packages, price-wise:

AT60 (29.99) to HD Bronze (49.99) = $20 difference for HD
AT120 (39.99) to HD Silver (59.99) = $20 difference for HD
AT180 (49.99) to HD Gold (69.99) = $20 difference for HD

No matter which pack you have, you pay $20 for HD. Now, if NG-HD is only available to Gold subscribers, that means that the Gold subscribers are getting 1 more channel than bronze/silver for the same amount. I understand Movie channels being different, but not regular channels. If they are going to follow this model for future HD additions, then the HD package additional price should vary like the base price does.

Kirby Baker said:
If all you wanted was HD, why didnt you just get the HD STANDALONE package? :rolleyes:
Because I was told I could not do that unless I bought the receiver and then they could not tell me what extra fees applied.

When do the games stop? If and when Food or MHD are added do we need platinum. Maybe others will put up with it but the game is over for me in July with no change.

New HD channels, cool, I'm pretty happy. Yes I know things could be better, HD-Lite and all, but I'm not going to bitch about it today. Going to enjoy the added variety and spend some time with the new channels. TGIF everyone, have a fine weekend.

BTW: The website is wrong, just like it was when they had the Starz-HD logo showing back in Feb. NG-HD will be for HD-Gold and up only after 7-7.

NightRyder

NightRyder said:
New HD channels, cool, I'm pretty happy. Yes I know things could be better, HD-Lite and all, but I'm not going to bitch about it today. Going to enjoy the added variety and spend some time with the new channels. TGIF everyone, have a fine weekend.

BTW: The website is wrong, just like it was when they had the Starz-HD logo showing back in Feb. NG-HD will be for HD-Gold and up only after 7-7.

NightRyder

That is BAD, BAD, Business practices. They are showing it as a new offer to customers. If I signed up today and am told there are 29 HD channels and I get 26 of them with the Bronze Package and then on 7/8 they take it away....I would be very angry!!! I signed up back when the 622 first came out and I am going to be mad on 7/8 as well.

Minsk1 said:
It was already discussed here many times : THERE IS NO FREE HD ON CABLE.:devil:
1. Local OTA HD is not free on cable: you should have some sort of basic package for that. It is part of that package, but it is not free.
Local OTA HD is free only with STB (satellite or independent) with OTA antenna.
2. Other "free" HD channels are part of other packages. These packages are not free.
3. Total number of HD channels on cable at least 2 times less then currently available on Dish Network.
4. better quality HD: Dish HD (excluding Voom part) is identical to OTA HD in PQ. So don't know how cable HD can be better. You can't compare to Voom - cable doesn't have Voom.

I rent so cable is included in rent with 17 full rez HD channels including 7 NYC locals. So more than half of what is on dish. I will miss Voom but could care less about TNT. Plus Voom is HDlite anyway.:devil:

No one but you thinks Dish satellite is as good as OTA which I don't get. It is not as good as Cable in my area. We already have fibre feeds so can get full band width.

wyattg said:
That is BAD, BAD, Business practices. They are showing it as a new offer to customers. If I signed up today and am told there are 29 HD channels and I get 26 of them with the Bronze Package and then on 7/8 they take it away....I would be very angry!!! I signed up back when the 622 first came out and I am going to be mad on 7/8 as well.

They need to correct it, but I see this type of mistake all the time, it's what happens when the Web guy gets lazy with cut & paste. Same thing happens with the weekly ads in papers....

NightRyder

DWS44 said:
Point taken...but look at it from this angle. Let's compare the prices of the HD Metallic packages, and the non-HD packages, price-wise:

AT60 (29.99) to HD Bronze (49.99) = $20 difference for HD
AT120 (39.99) to HD Silver (59.99) = $20 difference for HD
AT180 (49.99) to HD Gold (69.99) = $20 difference for HD

No matter which pack you have, you pay $20 for HD. Now, if NG-HD is only available to Gold subscribers, that means that the Gold subscribers are getting 1 more channel than bronze/silver for the same amount. I understand Movie channels being different, but not regular channels. If they are going to follow this model for future HD additions, then the HD package additional price should vary like the base price does.

Let's hope that the keep the HD Metallic packages at the samepricing level for all. :)

I currently pay $105 for my cable system, 2 DVRs (1 HD), no Cinemax, TMC, Starz, or Encore, none of their "value" tier which has ESPNews, Gameshow, Speed, etc... for very close to the same price (about $10 more) I could get the DishHD platinum package... I'll probably be ordering Dish later today.

animalhouse said:
Let's hope that the keep the HD Metallic packages at the samepricing level for all. :)

I don't disagree...that'd be my preference as well...my point is that I think that the channels should be the same for all levels as well!

If this is indeed true, why doesn't the web site list NGHD as a free preview. I am rather naive in the world of marketing, but whether you are a new bronze or silver subscriber or a current subscriber (I am a current silver) someone appears to be stretching the truth or outright lying.:confused:

leo250 said:
If this is indeed true, why doesn't the web site list NGHD as a free preview. I am rather naive in the world of marketing, but whether you are a new bronze or silver subscriber or a current subscriber (I am a current silver) someone appears to be stretching the truth or outright lying.:confused:

First of all, no one is lying. As of right now, if you have HD Bronze, you get all of the HD channels listed with the obvious premium exceptions. Once you see the channel you will recognize that it is a free preview. The SD version is only available on the AT180 package and above, this merely echoes that. I'm sure that the reason that it is only a free preview is contractual in nature. So enjoy it for now and hope for a change in contracts for NatGeo down the line.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts