New HD on DishNetwork? "Soon" might be right around the corner...

The hd that you would think that would be added to the list would be-Speed, CNN, Weather Channel. Those 3 seem to be more of the common sense ones to me. The relationship Dish has with CNN and the Weather Channel and their involvement with NASCAR.

I hate to seem picky... they're adding HD (by the looks of it), but a good chunk of it is very niche stuff that I dont think most people will watch. Tennis? Fishing? Seems like a lot of it is cheap.
In the pissing contest with DirecTV, it's not quality that counts now, it's quantity.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the great info! Good to know Dish is finally adding some new HD programming. I too figured I owed you guys the Pub fee since I got the Cinemax for a penny deal from reading this forum. Here's to seeing MGMHD and Speed HD in my channel guide very soon.

Tennis and Fishing. Give me a F$%^# break. I want HBO premiums and Starz Premiums in HD, not stupid crap like Tennis and Fishing. OR Disney and Nickelodeon, so I could eliminate all SD channels, and just have the HD-only package...

I am your resident tennis pro.:)

I am happy with this choice. I know most of you will not be.

The way I look at it. Dish has to start somewhere. Does not mean they will stop here. They will keep adding and then YOUR hd will be there. Remember too. It is not there until we see it in our guide. Or until Digi tells us first.:)

I would rather see Outdoor Channel 2 HD then World Fishing Network.

But I would also rather have USA HD and SCI FI HD over all of the channels coming.

Fish and Tennis HD...Wow...I guess RFD-HD will be next contestant on Charlie's Price is Right. (read: cheap)

No need for that mainstream stuff like SPEED, USA, SciFi, etc...that can all wait till more sats are up...nobody wants those things anyways. :rolleyes:

I would rather see Outdoor Channel 2 HD then World Fishing Network.

But I would also rather have USA HD and SCI FI HD over all of the channels coming.

It just doesn't make any sense; unless there is some conflict with Universal over them...

Give us SciFI Charlie. Its not like we have been asking forever...

The old days

Ah, rumors of new channels, the buzz of what might be -- it makes me nostalgic for the old days at Dish. Remember when we would get a few new channels every single Charlie Chat?

Hey, with all these possible new HD channels, maybe we can start having a few new channels every chat! May be you can go home again.

Fish and Tennis HD...Wow...I guess RFD-HD will be next contestant on Charlie's Price is Right. (read: cheap)

No need for that mainstream stuff like SPEED, USA, SciFi, etc...that can all wait till more sats are up...nobody wants those things anyways. :rolleyes:

Everybody likes something different ... I can't for the life of me see why anybody would want a channel like Speed ... I find car racing very boring. Travel, MGM, Smithsonian, and USA are more to my liking. But for all the Racing fans ... I hope it is added.

It just doesn't make any sense; unless there is some conflict with Universal over them...

Give us SciFI Charlie. Its not like we have been asking forever...

As someone very interested in the HD only pack, I have to agree. To add some of these BS channels is, well, BS.

D* really ruined it because they have good hd and BS hd. People with other providers with limited space dont want the BS hd taking up space, they want the good stuff.