New HD on DishNetwork? "Soon" might be right around the corner...

It is probably not a question of how many people will watch WFN, but a deal with insight sports forcing the carriage. Insight Sports

At least they did not force the curling network on us. Dish probably worked a deal for goltv and nhl tv with the wfn

Again as I have posted in the main area, there will be no new HD launched today. This I am now 99% sure of.

Tonight they will be doing a lot of moves from Gilbert to Chyanne tonight this move is called "Eastern Arc Pre Shuffle #2"

My Eastern Arc rumor is gaining some good legs. :)

So this moving is putting channels on 61.5 that you were talking about?

It's kind of funny that we are talking about an HD fishing channel... Here in Cleveland, D* airs radio commercials about how much HD D* has and has some blatantly stereotypical "redneck" asking about fishing channels, basically making E* subs sound like hillbillies.

Note: 1st Pub Post!

So, we go from talking about all this "possible new HD" coming up, likely on Wednesday (today) to no new HD but there's this eastern arc business that everybody is suddnely working on. Same old dissappointment... again.

Things seem to be moving in the right direction. It has been a while we could say that about Dish.:)

Things seem to be moving in the right direction. It has been a while we could say that about Dish.:)

I have been with Dish for a couple of years now and had to do a lot of physical work to get them (Trees, Getting a Installer). I joined Dish because I liked my local installer. Some would say dish is not doing enough (No USA - SCIFI), but they are making steps. Yea they have not done anything for a good while but they are moving towards more HD. They were once the HD leader and now have fallen behind but they will add more content.

You have to look at your alternatives and for me it is obvious. Cable cost way to much and lacks most of the HD content I like and is not moving as quickly on adding content. And the 622/722 is the industry leader in PVRs. Every cable provider and D* PVRs are POS. I mean who else lets you connect an external hard drive.

In a world driven by instant gratification waiting is a real PITA. But more will come.

So for my first post in The Pub, when can we expect to see any new HD channels available for watching on dish?

When they become available.:)

If I had to guess we could possibly see 4 of the 5 next week or the week after.

I have been with Dish for a couple of years now and had to do a lot of physical work to get them (Trees, Getting a Installer). I joined Dish because I liked my local installer. Some would say dish is not doing enough (No USA - SCIFI), but they are making steps. Yea they have not done anything for a good while but they are moving towards more HD. They were once the HD leader and now have fallen behind but they will add more content.

You have to look at your alternatives and for me it is obvious. Cable cost way to much and lacks most of the HD content I like and is not moving as quickly on adding content. And the 622/722 is the industry leader in PVRs. Every cable provider and D* PVRs are POS. I mean who else lets you connect an external hard drive.

In a world driven by instant gratification waiting is a real PITA. But more will come.

I am with quality too. Dish did a good effort for the HD channels. Can't help satellite launch pad failures.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)