New Hopper Software Has Rolled out (S215, S216, S217)

My Hopper wasn't updated yet. I guess I'll call up Dish and demand that they update my Hopper overnight, 'cause that just how I am.;);) I owe it to certain members that made sure to point this out to me.:hatsoff:

Ghpr13:)

Please excuse me if this has already been added, but any idea when/if the Hopper will support ATSC tuners for OTA? My DMA has a number of sub channels that Dish doesn't carry on our LiL. This feature would also be needed to allow us to watch OTA and pause/skip back.

I'm awaiting to pull the trigger on a Hopper/Joey upgrade.

Supposedly in a summer month that starts with a J... Hopefully not any other month that starts with a J.

PBS and CW would be bug pluses for me. But currently those are on a different transponder. Dish would have to swap them onto the same transponder first (plenty of space since some other local independents are in HD on the big four transponder). I'm inclined to believe it will happen eventually, but probably not in time for fall network premieres.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Yup. CW would be nice...

Please explain what HIC is. I plan to convert to H&J in the fall and recently started following Hopper Zone.

HIC= Hopper Internet Connector.. It's a little black box that goes to your router back to coax which basically pass your internet connection back to all of your receivers. This saves you from having to have a network drop every where you put a Hopper or Joey which is really nice plus less patch cables as well. What would be nice at some point is for Dish to put built-in Wifi in all their receivers. But the HIC is the way to go just allot easier plus reliability as well and if you decided to put a Joey or Hopper some where you never had a TV before it's one less cable you have to run to that new location all you need is just your coax.

Please excuse me if this has already been added, but any idea when/if the Hopper will support ATSC tuners for OTA? My DMA has a number of sub channels that Dish doesn't carry on our LiL. This feature would also be needed to allow us to watch OTA and pause/skip back.

I'm awaiting to pull the trigger on a Hopper/Joey upgrade.

Scott originally said a month that started with a J ,but he also updated that and said if not this month then in August . They are waiting on the software to be written. I just hope that with the ota software , they include manual timers too. I have a couple of ota channels that DISH doesn't supply guide data and the only way to record them is through manual timers.

To add to Pokes description, the HIC can only be installed at a client (Joey) line.

You do not have to have it installed to the Joey line that's optional. If you have a Joey in the same room with the HIC you can run another coax line from it to that Joey thats in the same room with it but you do not have to use that coax input that's just a extra input. The main thing the HIC does is get All your devices Hopper's Joey's so forth on the internet without needing to have a network drop in every room you have a receiver. All you need to do with the HIC is have it plugged into your router and have a coax line plug into it and back to the coax wall jack which is where it's pass your internet connection back to All of your Hoppers and Joey's..

Diagram Below..

Hopper Internet Connector

Last edited:
You do not have to have it installed to the Joey line that's optional. If you have a Joey in the same room with the HIC you can run another coax line from it to that Joey thats in the same room with it but you do not have to use that coax input that's just a extra input. The main thing the HIC does is get All your devices Hopper's Joey's so forth on the internet without needing to have a network drop in every room you have a receiver. All you need to do with the HIC is have it plugged into your router and have a coax line plug into it and back to the coax wall jack which is where it's pass your internet connection back to All of your Hoppers and Joey's..

Diagram Below..

Hopper Internet Connector

The reason why I suggested the Client Port only was there was a post some time back about a person not being able to get his to work at the Hopper with a Tap. It was recommended he should just use the Client port, and not the Hopper Tap rout. I remember now, he was trying to use a splitter and not an actual Tap. Sorry if I confused anyone.:eek:

Last edited:
The reason why I suggested the Client Port only was there was a post some time back about a person not being able to get his to work at the Hopper with a Tap. It was recommended he should just use the Client port, and not the Hopper Tap rout. I remember now, he was trying to use a splitter and not an actual Tap. Sorry if I confused anyone.:eek:

Oh ok makes sense I could see where that could be something that could happen.. No worries I don't think you confused anyone.. :)

I wonder if it fixes the other EHD bug. The very serious one that renders your recordings unviewable when using an EHD to transfer recordings from an old Hopper to a replacement Hopper (and possibly from a VIP to a Hopper, as well.)

It would be nice if they'd fix that intentional bug where the EPG defaults back to My Channels instead of staying on the last-used guide. Their logic for designing it that way is pretty weak. Plus, it does it the correct way on the Joey, which renders their argument moot.

I'm really looking forward to someday being able to disable the nested channel feature, as well.

GaryPen said:
I wonder if it fixes the other EHD bug. The very serious one that renders your recordings unviewable when using an EHD to transfer recordings from an old Hopper to a replacement Hopper (and possibly from a VIP to a Hopper, as well.

I've been asking the same thing with no answer so I assume no one knows for sure. For all we know it is the same problem and was only coincidental that for some it was channels they no longer subscribed to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)