New Model Release: OS MIO+ 4K S2X + S2

Titanium

AI6US
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
May 23, 2013
Meadow Vista, Northern California
The OS MIO+ 4K S2X + S2 model is ready for shipment from Edision. Just ordered a few cases and should have them in stock in the next week or so.

This model adds a 2nd S2 satellite tuner. The PSU will now have an Edison AC blade type plug. No more AC plug adapters!

Don't have a final retail price yet. Will post when they arrive.

Glad I saw this before placing another mio order. But, I'm not sure if having a second S2 tuner would be advantageous for me. Regardless, if the pricing is near the price of the current model I'd consider buying one. Will the second tuner have a separate hdmi port? I was thinking that might be advantageous in that the second tuner would control a separate antenna so that there can be a different program on the hdmi ports. Did I explain that well? probably would be less complicated with a STB for each antenna.

This Mio+ model adds a 2nd satellite tuner (DVBS2) and Oled front panel display. The STB provides a single HDMI output. You are able to dvr multiple channels and sources, but only view one.

I expect the retail cost to be approx $30 higher than the Mio, but we will have to total the final shipping and import costs.

Reactions: EmCommSat
I looked up the information and the one I saw it does not have a off/on switch, is ok .I am sure it will be a good receiver.

Devices that use a clock like a DVR don't have a power cut switch. The Adision has a power button that puts it to sleep and wakes it up.

I don't have much use for DVR. Anyway, I just ordered another of the single S2 tuner to replace my 9000i.

Reactions: Titanium
Heh, ebay sets off red flags? I just purchased several items off of ebay, including the osmio 4k, and got calls from my credit card fraud division to have me verify the orders. Maybe the osmio should find a new place to be sold (along with other electronics)? I know, this is a little OT but related.

What does this have to do with the Mio?
This is common for CC companies to do.

Reactions: martin-f
Well, as much as he basically bad-mouthed it many times in many posts, he seemingly is still buying yet another one.

That alone tells me the TRUE tale...

I took you off my ignore list but you continue to insult me. I'm re-adding you to the ignore list. By the way, I wasn't accusing Titanium of bogus transactions. I was simply mentioning that everytime I order anything from ebay I get a call from my CC company - only ebay. Besides, I bad mouth products that have issues but that doesn't mean that I'm unwilling to live with the shortcomings. My satellite dish doesn't always accurately go to a satellite and that's why I don't do DVR - but I live with it anyway. Same for other electronics that may or may not be for TVRO. You guys need to quit reading non-existent comments into my posts. My complaints are about the product, not any individual. So why am I being personally slammed like this? This is the only forum that I ever get attitude from -and I'm subscribed to a LOT of forums and e-mail lists. And people call me cranky? Sheesh!

Here's the US wall power adapter I use for the mio4k but shouldn't need for the plus.
Amazon product ASIN B00ME714XE

I lobbied real hard with Edision for all Mio and Mio+ units to include a power supply with type A or type B plug starting with this new shipment. Took many orders to get this proper accessory, but we finally reached a point where enough units are being sold in North America for Edision to consider this a good business decision! :biggrin