New Software 6.00 on its way!(False Alarm)

henderson_tony

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 28, 2004
Hey everyone,

I had some SERIOUS black out issues today so I called customer service and after waiting for about 15 minutes I finally got to talk to a CSR. She told me there are system wide problems today due to the download of the new version 6 software. Evidently they tried to DL it sunday night (7/18) there were some problems so they tried again and it caused more problems. Soo...I guess this is good news in the long run, but bad news for me with no t.v. Tonight. Fortunately I work nights. Just thought i'd pass this info along, seems to be breaking news.

TONY

The new firmware has been on its way since May...nothing new here! How can a firmware push to 30k or so subs, which causes a major portion of the network to crash & burn, possibly be considered good news? :confused:

Again, it would be very nice to see this information posted on the Voom website. ;)

wasch_24 said:
Except for TNT-HD I'm Voomin' along...I must not be targeted.

Wasch did you check the all channels list; scroll down to 601 you will not see 521 but once you get to this page and scroll up two pages and then back to 601 and see if you see it. You need to do this on the all channel list. It worked for me.

The new software is NOT going out tonight...

Wilt just posted this to the YahooGroups...

I don’t know of anything but I’m trying to find out. I’ve really hear nothing and the group is quiet on Yahoo, only a bad install and a compliment.
Anyway, I don’t know that the new code was released; I don’t recall hearing we were going live tonight, we pushed some more betas yesterday but that’s the last I heard.
Wilt

Seems like this 'beta push' caused a lot of STB freeze-ups yesterday. The thread title should have added 5 words at the end ........ back to the drawing board.

The Stone Man said:
Seems like this 'beta push' caused a lot of STB freeze-ups yesterday. The thread title should have added 5 words at the end ........ back to the drawing board.

Believe me it was not the beta push, it was a corrupted PG which took TNT-HD out of the PG and consequently screwed everything up.

Also Cinema 3 was showing Teminator in the PG, but everytime I looked it was something else. It pissed me off, but I heard that the PG was screwed up before last weekend. Did Voom fix this problem??

Yes I thought Terminator was on also...but when I turned to that ch, it wasnt. The PG seems to be wrong a lot lately. I hope they get this fixed for their sake.

Can we get everyone on this forum to agree to NOT POST any more topics like this until someone actually has it DOWNLOADED on their machine?!?! :confused:

It says that I have Software version 6 on my reciever. Or it said that last night at least. I will double check when I get home today

My receiver upstairs kept having really bad lockup problems like the menu and picture would freeze and required soft-reboots, starting at like 2am EST... this morning I had to soft reboot it again, I know some people complain about lockups but I usually never have to reboot the STB. I thought it was some fluke new software DL.

My receiver is still totally and completely dead...dead ...dead and the CSR tells me that it Motorola is working on it. I have booted, soft...booted hard... all I want to do is boot some ass right now. She says the total problem is at their end and nothing I can do. She even tried to take me to the installation menu and the damn thing just turns to a blank black screen. This is more than a little PG problem. I man no channels nothing nada.

Well after hearing about all these problems those people with the new software are now having, I for one am glad to still have the "old buggy" software running on my STB that I really have no (major) problems with.

If anyone is looking for a good reason we don't have the new software upgrade yet, here it is! It's not ready. :no

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)