new speed coming ahead :]

If you have internet and phone today with one single modem providing both your internet and phone service take note that you will now have two modems.

Your existing modem used now for your 10/1 internet and phone service will be switched to just phone service only. BHN will install a second modem (SMC modem) which "only" works with your internet service. So if you have BHN phone service and Road Runner Lightning service you have no way at all to avoid needing "two" modems....one for voice and another for internet. Just wanted to make that clear just in case because the SMC modem "doesn't" support voice services.

i c thanks once again, that would not even b a thought of a problem to me lol.

so personally how is your experience with the new speed/response time etc?

what do you get on average from speakeasy .net?

i c thanks once again, that would not even b a thought of a problem to me lol.

so personally how is your experience with the new speed/response time etc?

what do you get on average from speakeasy .net?

These speedtest sites are having a very hard time dealing with these higher level speeds so many of them are showing 15-20Mbps speeds. However the Tampa Bay Road Runner speed test site is clocking my connection at around 38Mbps when I don't use my current Trendnet router. When using my Trendnet router my speeds drop to about 25Mbps. My router is a bit old and quite often stops working and gets very slow until I reboot it. I'm not sure if this router is even high quality enough to handle these types of speeds with large file downloads.

Because of this I'm using my birthday Best Buy giftcard to buy a high quality router most likely a Linksys unless anybody has a better just as high quality if not better alternative.

I currently have the Turbo Plus internet with 20 mps and 2 mps upload. I called to downgrade to Turbo without the Plus and they say the price is the same if I downgrade to the Turbo tier. This is confusing. Guess this means Turbo Plus customers aren't seeing any increased speed benefits that the customers of other tiers are enjoying.:mad:

These speedtest sites are having a very hard time dealing with these higher level speeds so many of them are showing 15-20Mbps speeds. However the Tampa Bay Road Runner speed test site is clocking my connection at around 38Mbps when I don't use my current Trendnet router. When using my Trendnet router my speeds drop to about 25Mbps. My router is a bit old and quite often stops working and gets very slow until I reboot it. I'm not sure if this router is even high quality enough to handle these types of speeds with large file downloads.

Because of this I'm using my birthday Best Buy giftcard to buy a high quality router most likely a Linksys unless anybody has a better just as high quality if not better alternative.

interesting, yea i can understand the speakeasy site is capped at 20Mbps, but do try the Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test site, it is capped of up to 50Mbps.

personally i would not always try the local ones as they are usually not capped right, i like Atlanta server and Dallas, always great proper speeds, even for its distance...try again and let me know whats up...

and yes having an older router especially if you haven't done a firmware upgrade can and could slow down your proper speed/response time...

i would also check how it runs directly with Ethernet without ur personal router. or why not just use the built in router and set it up your way? and re test like that also.

i personally choose netgear but linksys/cisco are a second great choice ;) lol

this is my result almost every time or even higher sometimes depending on servers/far or local even as far as Canadian servers lol, running fully wireless with 3 other computers... ;) *thought mine atm is the only one running*

so yes i kno 10Mbps aint all that, but for the setup it runs no different than if i ran with wires, i personally have checked proper wire rings/splitters and quality of connection to always make sure i get the best possible connection out of my shared street connection. so i always had a great quality service with bright house :} am super picky :p

I'd like to see other peeps results, for fun of course :}

When I wanted to downgrade, they told me it would be a HIGHER price because I would be moving off a promo.

See this thread
http://www.satelliteguys.us/bright-house-cable-forum/184361-more-more-more.html

Seems they have figured out how to lock people into higher priced services.

As was mentioned in that thread, you were on a promo thats why.

And in the case of the above user, he does not seem to realize that "Turbo Plus" is no more. That Turbo has become "turbo plus" and Lightning is the new high tier.. So now you have RR, RR Turbo, RR Lightning.. No more Turbo Plus.

And, as was mentioned in THIS thread, I specifically noted that the promo was the reason.

That does not change the FACT that we keep hearing from people who want to downgrade to save money and are told the price will be the same or higher. Frankly, I don't care what the reason is...we end up with no option that will save us money except canceling the service.

No option that will save money...how convenient for BHN.

You have plenty of options to save money. Stay on the promo. Or find another promo that maybe offered...

BHN is doing the right thing here they are honoring peoples current rate and not forcing them to pay the higher one.

Example in Orlando Turbo used to be "10$" more then regular RR. But the new price will be 15$ more. for the "turbo plus" so instead of making turbo users pay that extra 5$ they are honoring the 10$ price for as long as you keep it. If you wish to get rid of turbo then you will be charged the rate new customers get charged..

So you are saving money by staying with your current package. Like you with your promo of 109. You were saving money by staying with the promo. Instead of getting off it.

And in my post above when I said "user above" I meant CoasterFL, not you jcarra sorry for the confusion. when he was talking about turbo/turbo plus.

...So you are saving money by staying with your current package.,,

What is so hard about understanding this logic? I did not want to "sav[e] money by staying with your current package." I wanted to REDUCE my outlay by reducing my service!!!

Dang. Sounds pretty simple to understand to me.

What is so hard about understanding this logic? I did not want to "sav[e] money by staying with your current package." I wanted to REDUCE my outlay by reducing my service!!!

Dang. Sounds pretty simple to understand to me.

How can you go lower then the lowest price? You cant.. The only option you have is get rid of somthing.. Drop internet or phone is the only way left for you, as you already get the lowest price possible. Im not sure how this is such a hard concept to grasp...

Your paying the lowest availible price for all three services.. You cant get lower then the lowest... Your only bet on getting lower then your current promotion is if BHN comes out with a newer promotion at a different rate.. Other then that you already have the lowest price possible for the services you have.. Downgrading your interet speed will simply take you off the promotion and make you pay retail.

I dont know how else to explain it.. If you goto the store and they have a buy one get one deal, if you choose only to take one and not the free one its not their fault. you decided taking only one was better then two.

Last edited:
Apparently we will never communicate successfully with each other.

I was not at the lowest speed offered.

Therefore it is technically possible to reduce my service without giving it up altogether.

But had I done so, I would have paid more.

Now we can loop through the reason again if you wish, and which I have acknowledged. And again I will say, the end result is the same to me irrespective of the reasons...I could not save money by reducing service.

You were not at the lowest speed, but you were at the lowest price, and thats my point.

You could save money by reducing services. Get rid of internet. Or phone. Or tv. That would be your only option as you are already at the lowest possible price..

Im not sure why we are having such trouble communicating when its pretty clear.. You are at the lowest price point possible. Getting a lower internet speed will not lower your price as you are already at the lowest possible price.. If you change your promo to a different internet speed then your price will change. But currently you get the lowest possible price for all three services.. There is no where else for you to go except get rid of a service.

Its like going to a store and they have a gallon of milk on sale for below the half gallon price (its happend during specials/promos publix does this on their sweet tea often around here) so youd pay more for the half gallon then you would the gallon.. Mise well buy the gallon even if you only needed half a gallon. Its cheaper.

You currently are buying the gallon for a less price then the half gallon..

Some pricing information. Based on CFL prices (Tampa should be very close)

Interactive TV: $63.49
RR Lite: $32.99
Home Phone: 49.99
----

$146.47 (If bought seprately)

Now the Combos:

Combo Plus: (RR Basic, Phone, TV): $109.90

So by picking the combo you save: 36.57 a month.

The Combo is the lowest pricing point. You can not modify it as its sold as a "package". If you change the package then the price is no longer a "package price" so the price will reflect whatever change you make.

:rant:

look guys, if you guys cannot communicate as stated before why do you guys keep it up? who cares! who gets what...all that matter is WHATEVER we ALL pay nowadays is beyond cheaper than what it was years ago/and we get more today...so shsh.

thread hijackers :sob::cool: lol

Don't shsh me please. First, it came back up because coasterFL had the same problem. All I did was indicate to him that I had the same issue and refer him to it--seems appropriate: "hey, not an isolated jcarrera-only misperception thing."

From there, apparently it was "on" (but the next post was not mine)-- and you expect me to not respond? I thought this was a public forum. There have been no personal attacks. Everything I have said is factual. And everything Insider has said is factual--he just views the circumstances as explaining the result--thus there is no gripe, whereas I view the result as being the main point--thus there is a big gripe.

If you don't like me refusing to accept responses that miss the point, then don't read it; just click to the index and read another thread. Turn the radio to another channel. Turn the radio off. Or whatever. You are free to tune me or Insider out.

It dawns on me that I suppose a bit of this is that I seem to be being told "because of xxxx, you should just accept that you have a really good deal." I believe it is to be my judgment as to what kind of deal I have. I could not reduce my outlay by reducing to a lower speed even though lower speed service was available. To reduce cost, I would have to terminate internet service. Yes, that did and does bother me, and I don't care what the reasons are, it is a fact. I can only reduce outlay by terminating service, and I don't like that, and I =will= write about it.

Agree jcarra it has been a non-violent conversation ;)

And it is simply a difference of opinion on the end result.

Personnaly I just dont see why one is upset they are getting a better service for less then what they would pay for a lessor service.. It just boggles my mind.

lol j u sure like to start don't ya?

I never said anything about the convo being inappropriate or anything like that. of course u guys did not do anything wrong, but really common, if you guys are going to have your fun on who is right or wrong, personally u guys both have your points THAT WILL NOT WIN on either side, just deal with it and try to b happy with your statements... i started the thread talking about speeds and such, not who pays what, there are other threads about your matters. site states to keep all type of convo on their right thread/forums.

plus telling me to go somewhere else on a thread I started i think it would b respectable to keep the convo on something that has to do what this thread was started for. public or not, you do as you wish but i wont go nowhere, but i am entitle to mentioning something i believe is stupid...

aight peeps im out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts