New to satellite - Genie / install questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.
This is where I got last time. There is no option in the menu. There is no advanced settings or anything like that. I have not checked on the Genie unit, though, since the remote with my Genie is non-RF according to pino's post.

Is ur system currently working? If not, the menu will be different, the system needs to be working to be able to setup remote

20140201_092943.jpeg
Sorry for the glare. The selected option is "program remote" and there is nothing in there about RF/IR.
If I select it, it tells me to make sure nothing is in front of the TV. Then AV1, AV2, TV, (nothing Directv related), then it starts over.

View attachment 95087
Sorry for the glare. The selected option is "program remote" and there is nothing in there about RF/IR.
If I select it, it tells me to make sure nothing is in front of the TV. Then AV1, AV2, TV, (nothing Directv related), then it starts over.
Are you actually using an RF-capable remote for the HR34?

After you select program remote, it should give you AV1 and 2, TV then advance. If not then your remote is not RF.

If I use the client remote RC65RX, there is nothing different... Until Thursday, if I left my client on all the time, it didn't lose the server connection. Now, it's every 2 or 3 hours regardless. RBRing is getting old. If CE tonight doesn't fix this, Directv will need to either (a) give me my old stuff back (b) give me an HR44 or (c) lose me as a customer and I will just steal someone's Sunday Ticket log-in. This is ridiculous. I was at a friend's house last night with 2 HR23's and I just miss my receiver WORKING. He has NO ISSUES and yet it takes my guide 15 or 20 seconds to load. Unacceptable.

How do I make the RC65RX work on the Genie? It doesn't do anything on it. It works fine on the client. (If I press "Guide" in the bedroom, the guide shows up after 15-20 seconds. If I go into the living room and press "Guide" absolutely nothing happens...

The "special" download is complete and I now have the remote in RF mode. As I re-set up the remotes for my TV, etc, I am really hoping that this all fixes it. I really do appreciate the picture quality of Directv and many aspects of it. I have found the equipment to be slow. I also appreciate the advise on this thread about the issue.

Note: In the first hour of use, it seems slightly faster. For the first time in a while, I am also seeing pictures for the shows in the "my directv" and up in the righthand corner below the time when you scroll through the guide.

The RC65RX remote does not seem to want to accept my TV or Denon. I switched it back to IR mode. I tried to set up my Denon and TV. On AV1, it says "sorry, your remote could be set up..." and when I press TV, i get the error sound.

The RC65RX remote does not seem to want to accept my TV or Denon. I switched it back to IR mode. I tried to set up my Denon and TV. On AV1, it says "sorry, your remote could be set up..." and when I press TV, i get the error sound.

I'm wondering if you have a bad remote. My denon, newer, programmed just fine excluding the power on and off buttons.

Do NOT switch it back to IR mode. When it is in RF for the HR34, it is in IR for everything else.

With the remote/receiver in RF mode, you then need to follow the instructions for programming the TV. You can't set up the Denon until the TV mode has been programmed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.