Newbie alert!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

murphsurf

Original poster
Dec 26, 2005
Hello, I am Murphsurf. Tech Head.

I just bought a Twinhan Starbox Usb and a panasonic Dual Dish. I have no idea what channels i can expect but maybee somone here can help me understand what FTA can do and what kind of programming i can expect.

i am on aol 24x7 murphsurf2000
and also on msn

Nice to join Satelliteguys !

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome aboard! :wave

Let me move your thread to the FTA area, so that FTA guys could help you better.

Heck, I am over 50 and

Katrinasucks said:
Neither of you guys have met my 15 year old nephew. :D

I bought an FTA receiver just out of curiosity, after looking over Lyngsat. Figured with my existing BUD, I could have a look at something I had never seen for a minimal investment (relative to my 4dtv that is!). Now I have seen enough, and ordered in a dedicated dish, LNB, and motor drive for my FTA Viewsat Extreme. That way I can surf FTA without driving myself nuts with polarity switching! My house will look like mushroom land, and my GF is not a happy camper....took her months to get used to the 8 footer until I told her...IT WAS HERE BEFORE YOU WERE! I was in deep *** for that one!

It is still a real kick doing a blind scan on FTA , on a bird I have not added, and watching channels pop up...

Question...why do some of the free channels have no sound, but do have a picture? I wonder if it is because I am using the Toslink out on the FTA receiver....? 4DTV works that way (have to use normal audio cables + coax to get AC3 + analog sound) Before I buy cables...anyone?

regards
jeff

I bought the equpiment becuase i am a techie. i like to figure things out. I would like to figure out how satellites work and stuff like that. I love anything tech. Plus my friend got me into FTA. I want to explore and figure things out .

Anyways, panasonic is the maker of the dish and box that used to be connected to it. It had some kind of card, like a smart card. I recently went on the roof and looked at it. It was left behind from a former tenant that lived here and rented from me,

What confueses me is the 30" thing. Are you saying that i cant get a signal with this dish. I wanted to use this card to get signals from EchoStar satellites. Is it possible to get NagraVision programming with this setup?? Can somone explain what i have to do to get NagraVision programming. Is this twinHan box like a PanSat? Can i get pay channels? What setup do i need to get FOX and record eppisodes of 24? Thats what im really after.

Somone please help me. i dont meen to be so retarted on these issues but i dont know a thing about FTA and i want to learn. How do i use my Starbox to get Dish network? and or is there a way to get FOX broadcast with this setup?

I find satellite TV interesting and want to know all about FTA. I appreciate your time and hope that i can get things going with the equpiment that I have. I do have money

what confuses me is this. Noing nothing about FTA i installed a coolsat for a friend of mine. I aimed at 2 EchoStar sats and uploaded the Bin File to the BOX. Then i went out and bought a usb Twinhan StarBox. I dont have it in my hands yet but i want to know what to expect. Can i program it to descramble like the cool sat? This set says it uses DVB. Also I have a media center PC and a Linux box. Wich is better for what im trying to do?

I hope that i can use this device like a pansat or cool sat and get Echo Star feed.

Uh Oh....

murphsurf said:
I bought the equpiment becuase i am a techie. i like to figure things out. I would like to figure out how satellites work and stuff like that. I love anything tech. Plus my friend got me into FTA. I want to explore and figure things out .
Anyways, panasonic is the maker of the dish and box that used to be connected to it. It had some kind of card, like a smart card. I recently went on the roof and looked at it. It was left behind from a former tenant that lived here and rented from me,
What confueses me is the 30" thing. Are you saying that i cant get a signal with this dish. I wanted to use this card to get signals from EchoStar satellites. Is it possible to get NagraVision programming with this setup?? Can somone explain what i have to do to get NagraVision programming. Is this twinHan box like a PanSat? Can i get pay channels? What setup do i need to get FOX and record eppisodes of 24? Thats what im really after.
Somone please help me. i dont meen to be so retarted on these issues but i dont know a thing about FTA and i want to learn. How do i use my Starbox to get Dish network? and or is there a way to get FOX broadcast with this setup?
I find satellite TV interesting and want to know all about FTA. I appreciate your time and hope that i can get things going with the equpiment that I have. I do have money

Good night Irene...This is going to hurt! <Plonk>

Last edited:
quote reply

Iceberg said:
:)
wondered that one too (unless it was free or real dirt cheap)

I bought the equipment because i want to record FOX, the show i want is 24. If i cant get that with the dish i got then what do i need to buy to make this work?

Twinhan Starbox, FX55 AMD, 2 GIG mem, rosewill 256 Vid

murphsurf said:
Is it possible to get NagraVision programming with this setup??

Not legally.

If all you want is a Fox network, there are some out there on FTA, but you will need a different dish setup.

(shaking head) Murphy murphy murphy murphy...

If you are so proud of your techiness, perhaps you have the ability to read?????

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts