Newbie Here

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jw2016

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jun 3, 2016
Upper Midwest
Just wanted to say hi to everyone. Just found this site and I am into FTA viewing. Just have a small setup with a 90cm fixed on 125w for PBS, a warped 90cm for CCTV on 95w. I picked a GeoSat 90cm dish just waiting to be installed on a satellite to be determined. The PBS dish is great since our local PBS station likes to not carry some PBS programming and the HD satellite feeds look fantastic. Non FTA related, I am a subscriber to DirecTV for regular TV watching. Just reading all the posts is really helping me installing dishes and receivers for my FTA equipment. I would like to put up a c-band dish but there is no room and trees are killing me for los. The ku dishes are all over the yard to peek through trees for openings to the various satellites.

All of your expertise and knowledge is great and helpful for us folks who are new to the hobby.

Last edited:
Reactions: iBoston and hank123
:welcome to SatelliteGuys.
Glad to have you on board!
Also glad you have enjoyed reading here. Feel free to ask a question any time. :)

Jw2016 you found a great forum with amazing people!

Have you though about setting up a multi LNB on you 90cm?

jw2016,
Welcome to the hobby and the forum, the guys and gals here are a great source of help. Have fun with your Ku dish.

Sponge

jw2016,
Welcome to the hobby and the forum, the guys and gals here are a great source of help. Have fun with your Ku dish.

Sponge

Thank You for all the kind of responses. Since the weather is finally nice up here I can start adding more dishes to my setup. I think is a hoot to install ku dishes to find new things to watch. Probably will be asking questions since I am not completely up on the technology. Picking up 125w was a treat and worth it. I am very happy I did it. Took a little work to dial it in but it once was I could not believe it. Going to have a tree service cut one tree down (it's ugly) and trim one that should give me more openings for the various birds. The wallet will grow smaller and smaller but it's worth it. Need to get everything done before it gets cold again. It's amazing to pick up what's up there. I explained to my neighbor about my dishes but it went right over is head. Once again thanks for the greetings and future help.

I do own a Micro HD receiver which is been working great and not have been hit with the brick it bug. Will be looking at new DVB-S2 receivers since I only 2 DVB-S and a PCI card and one DVB-2 receiver. Since most stuff is DVB-S2 the older receivers are collecting dust. Time to replace them, with S2 receivers. Looking forward to lots of fun with this project.

Jim

You have piqued my interest in 125W, will have to point the dish there and see what is up. Used to check it out once in a while because of the mix of PBS channels there. Thanks for the info Jim

Welcome aboard Jim!

Picking up 125w was a treat and worth it. I am very happy I did it. Took a little work to dial it in but it once was I could not believe it.

I definitely agree. 125W is the reason I got into this hobby...
With no prior knowledge or experience, it took some time for me to find the satellite. I was absolutely thrilled when I finally got the first signal locked.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)