Newbie Twinhan 102g Questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

W_Tracy_Parnell

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 19, 2005
South of Buffalo NY
I just got a 102g. I am slaving it from my Coolsat and using MyTheatre trial version. The software that came with the card crashed constantly and ProgDVB looked like a huge learning curve.

Questions:

1. I am running a Soundblaster Live 24 bit (my Audigy died) with a 5.1 speaker setup. Is there any way to get sound out of all speakers with MT?

2. I recorded some stuff from PBS-HD and it looks pretty good. Is there any way to get this to DVD? Tried Ulead DVD MovieFactory and TMPGEnc DVD Author and neither would work. Ulead just crashed and DVD Author said "wrong file type".

3. I downloaded Elecard "MPEG 2 Decoder Pack" and "MPEG and Streaming pack" and installed them. How do I get 4:2:2 to work?

Yes PBS-HD is the best

I don't know about the rest, but once Elecard codec is "correctly" installed. You tune a 4;2;2 channel then switch your codec under graphs. I had trouble getting Elecard to install correctly, but the one that did install was 2.0

Good luck

From the main menu, I go to "Settings/General Settings/Autograph" but the Elecard (Moonlight) is not listed. Anything else I need to do? I installed the software and ran the registrator.

I think I found my answer to the question about recording HD to DVD. Appearently the answer is no and one obvious reason is file size. A one-hour show on PBS is about 8 gigs.

Any help on the Elecard issue would be appreciated.

video format

W_Tracy_Parnell said:
I think I found my answer to the question about recording HD to DVD. Appearently the answer is no and one obvious reason is file size. A one-hour show on PBS is about 8 gigs.
My MiniDV camcorder is about 12 Gigs and hour and it sure as heck isn't HD quality!

The trick with any video format is getting it into a format that your software will understand. If it's a straight MPG2 it should be no problem at all. Do you have option in the save-as type / resolution when recording? Try AVI or MPG2. AVI (dv codec) is what my camcorder uses.

Whatever software you use will need to down-rez the video to DVD quality. This takes forever and requires a lot of system resources.

Shawn

It says it is in MPEG 2 format. I am recording it with MyTheatre and didn't change the default settings. I guess I just need software which I am sure I don't have. DVD Moviefactory 3 won't even take SD MPEG files from MT-it just crashes.

Won't MyTheatre record directly to DVD? I thought I saw that option once.

I use TMPGenc alot at work for converting clips, however, I have not done a HD clip.

I am still trying to figure everything out. I'll check out the direct to DVD option. Still stumped by 4:2:2. I installed a Elecard 2.0 package Jerry told me about. I then downloaded DVBDream and that at least had Elecard listed as an option. I tried it on AMC 1 NBC feeds and it worked but still many random pixels floating around the screen and very low audio. Then that crashed too and I can't get it to work at all. That makes about 6 or 7 programs that have crashed. MyTheatre is the only one working consistently but without 4:2:2.

:(

you should be able to select Elecard in MyTheatre. Look under graphs

Did you select "install graphs" when installing MyTheatre?

That was the problem Jerry-I just used default settings and didn't realize I had to check that option. I am trying to get it tweaked now but my 4:2:2 feed went off. No luck with NBC on AMC 1-still pixelized although you can see what it is.

Thanks-much appreciated!

:bow :bow :bow

W_Tracy_Parnell said:
I just got a 102g. I am slaving it from my Coolsat and using MyTheatre trial version. The software that came with the card crashed constantly and ProgDVB looked like a huge learning curve.

Questions:

1. I am running a Soundblaster Live 24 bit (my Audigy died) with a 5.1 speaker setup. Is there any way to get sound out of all speakers with MT?

2. I recorded some stuff from PBS-HD and it looks pretty good. Is there any way to get this to DVD? Tried Ulead DVD MovieFactory and TMPGEnc DVD Author and neither would work. Ulead just crashed and DVD Author said "wrong file type".

3. I downloaded Elecard "MPEG 2 Decoder Pack" and "MPEG and Streaming pack" and installed them. How do I get 4:2:2 to work?

Try Nero express , part od the Nero Suite .

Wyr

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)