Next Project

Status
Please reply by conversation.
My dish is a 7.5 KTI and I remember it wasn't too hard to put together, although I did have a few small cuts from the mesh.
It performed flawlessly for the 16 years it was 20 feet up and hopefully it will do the same on its new 7 foot perch.
Always had a strong signal and many good feed captures...great performance.

Reactions: fred555
My dish is a 7.5 KTI and I remember it wasn't too hard to put together, although I did have a few small cuts from the mesh.
It performed flawlessly for the 16 years it was 20 feet up and hopefully it will do the same on its new 7 foot perch.
Always had a strong signal and many good feed captures.

Its looking like we might get a break in the storms on Sunday. I hope I can get the scaffolding set up, mount the support arms, put on the center scalar and LNBF. If I'm lucky I may get a chance to run the coax to my multiswitch box and start using it.

I'm glad to hear the KTI is a good performer. It was not hard to put together once I calmed down and thought about the logical steps. I was just spoiled by the Winegard, All you do is bolt together the 4 panels and your mostly done.

Reactions: KE4EST
Not sure how much closer my LNBFs need to be on the 8.5 footer compared to the 10 footer for
4 degrees of separation.
I am planning 99W on the center LNBF and 103W on the one on the right (facing the dish).
I will probably start of with this scalar to be on the safe side:

cutscalar.jpg

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)