NFL 2008-09 Season

Raiders beat Bucs.

The collapse is complete in Tampa!

It's amazing how the Bucs have been unable to stop anyone on the ground recently- it's one thing to get gashed by Smash and Dash or Turner the Burner, but to allow Michael freaking Bush to run for 177 yards?!

Their defensive downfall started the week Dad Kiffin decided to join Son Kiffin at Tennessee....since then, 4 straight loss.....coincidence....I think not.

Their defensive downfall started the week Dad Kiffin decided to join Son Kiffin at Tennessee....since then, 4 straight loss.....coincidence....I think not.

the defense won't be the same again. that's like jim johnson leaving of the eagles or Dick LeBeau of the steelers. Not good at all.

thanks sabres :D i am!!!!!!!! what a great season for the fins! the ravens are going to kill us but it I am very satisfied as my expectations at the begining of the season was for miami to at least go 4-12. They surpassed that!!!! :clap:bow

Yes....GREAT win for the 'Phins and as far as I am concerned....Chad Pennington SHOULD have cemented that he IS the League MVP.

I'm thinking Wildcard Weekend will look like this:

Saturday:

4:30- Atlanta at Arizona (nothing says NFL playoffs like a Falcons-Cardinals matchup ;))

8:00- Indianapolis at San Diego/Denver

Sunday:

1:00- Baltimore at Miami/New England

4:30- Philadelphia at Minnesota

This schedule is official per NBC:

Saturday:

4:30et- Atlanta at Arizona (NBC)

8:00et- Indy at SD/DEN (NBC)

Sunday:

1:00et- Baltimore at Miami (CBS)

4:30et- Philly at Minnesota (FOX)

Interestingly, the three road teams (BAL, ATL and PHI) are all three point favorites.

I would guess Indy would be a favorite over San Diego or (especially) Denver.

I don't ever recall a situation where the road team was the favorite in ALL FOUR playoff games.

Also announced:

Tennessee will host a divisional playoff on Sat., Jan. 10 at 4:30 on CBS, and Pittsburgh will host a divisional playoff on Sun., Jan.11 at 4:30 on CBS.

The two NFC games (hosted by the Giants and Carolina) will be played on Sat., Jan. 10 at 8:00, and Sun., Jan. 11 at 1:00.........both games televised by FOX.

My guess is Carolina on Saturday and the Giants on Sunday, but it has yet to be announced.

This schedule is official per NBC:

Saturday:

4:30et- Atlanta at Arizona (NBC)

8:00et- Indy at SD/DEN (NBC)

Sunday:

1:00et- Baltimore at Miami (CBS)

4:30et- Philly at Minnesota (FOX)

Interestingly, the three road teams (BAL, ATL and PHI) are all three point favorites.

I would guess Indy would be a favorite over San Diego or (especially) Denver.

I don't ever recall a situation where the road team was the favorite in ALL FOUR playoff games.

Also announced:

Tennessee will host a divisional playoff on Sat., Jan. 10 at 4:30 on CBS, and Pittsburgh will host a divisional playoff on Sun., Jan.11 at 4:30 on CBS.

The two NFC games (hosted by the Giants and Carolina) will be played on Sat., Jan. 10 at 8:00, and Sun., Jan. 11 at 1:00.........both games televised by FOX.

My guess is Carolina on Saturday and the Giants on Sunday, but it has yet to be announced.

Thanks for the info :up

Jimbo

The Broncos are in meltdown mode.

They were THISCLOSE to a division title- now, it's a collapse for the ages.

How they lost to Buffalo is astonishing, given how inept the Bills were today.

Another regular season is over, what am I going to do? NO FOOTBALL UNTIL NEXT FALL (Excluding playoffs and SB).

Hopefully we will have a better year next year with Tom back.
And I hope we recruit some decent secondaries.

Can anyone see Matt Cassel in a Raider or Jets uniform? Oh gosh.
I hate to see him go, but I doubt the Patriots are willing to spend a large sum of money for a backup QB.
We did everything this season, except we came up short.

Brett needs to go, his performance was horrible, hopefully he retires once and for all, even Eric Mangini was frustrated the way Brett played the game.

Anyways, Looking forward for the Chargers game next week, will the Chargers bolt the Colts again this post-season?

Another regular season is over, what am I going to do? NO FOOTBALL UNTIL NEXT FALL (Excluding playoffs and SB).

All things being equal, I think they did great this year, 11 wins without Brady.
Could have just as easily been 11 wins with Brady, just don't know.

When Brady went down, did you really think they would still win 11 games ?

Jimbo

All things being equal, I think they did great this year, 11 wins without Brady.
Could have just as easily been 11 wins with Brady, just don't know.

When Brady went down, did you really think they would still win 11 games ?

Jimbo

When Brady went out, I thought we were done after the first half for the season.

Didn't see Cassel play this good in the prior years...well thats because he barely ever played, but know you know this kid has mad skills, too bad he wasted so many years not showing this much talent, but I think it did him good by sitting on the side lines, he learned a lot of things from Tom, especially staying cal during the whole game.

This year has been tragic for us.
Lost A. Thomas, lost Harrison (don't think he is coming back next year), Lost Bruschi (he might comeback for 1 more year and probably sit it out with Seau).

We gave up Asante and Stallworth, but I don't think its huge losing Stallworth, since Welker did a great job as a wide receiver, he has been amazing.
I am not going to take away anything from the Dolphins, they had a great season, and good to see a franchise like the Dolphins making it to the playoffs after a season they had last year....its good for both their fans and players.

Also on a side note, my god, this season has been different, who would have thought the Cowboys, Patriots (before Brady got hurt), Jacksonville, Seattle, would have not made it to the playoffs? No one in their right mind.

I guess the team that lost the most was the Cowboys...
Few weeks ago we all thought Philly was done for with 1 draw game.....this season has been the most strange season ever in the last 6-7 years at least.

Which was a bigger meltdown: Tampa Bay or Denver? Denver IMO.
Which coach will be fired first (after Romeo) ? I say Wade Phillips is history.
What a crazy season.

Both.
TB had it, but they ***** it up.
Denver, no comment, they just suck at closing the deal.

Even on the Cowgirls site they stated that was an "embarassment".

I hate to see him go, but I doubt the Patriots are willing to spend a large sum of money for a backup QB.

Thanks, but no thanks...we have a starting QB!;) And I HIGHLY doubt that Matt Cassel will be a backup UNLESS it's in a Pats jersey....and if any indications are true from what I read, Brady might not be ready for the next season.

And I hope we recruit some decent secondaries.

We did everything this season, except we came up short.

Brett needs to go, his performance was horrible, hopefully he retires once and for all, even Eric Mangini was frustrated the way Brett played the game.

Anyways, Looking forward for the Chargers game next week, will the Chargers bolt the Colts again this post-season?

Don't be too sure about that. Belichick has benched/traded other high profile players in the past against popular opinion and still found success. (Ex. Bernie Kosar in Cleveland and Drew Bledsoe in NE).

Not saying he's going to trade/bench Tom Brady, but given his serious injury and ongoing rehab and infections, it would be wise to keep an adequate backup.

I must say that Steelers game was great, the Clowns looked pitiful.

If it wasn't for the Lions, the Clowns would be the most embarrassing team in the league.

Greatest Team in Your Lifetime

What we love about sports

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts