NFL 2008-09 Season

We gave up Asante and Stallworth, but I don't think its huge losing Stallworth, since Welker did a great job as a wide receiver, he has been amazing.

Stallworth has been a complete bust for the Browns. Since injuring himself in a warm-up routine before the season opening kickoff, he has been a HUGE disappointment.

Glad you take enjoyment out of whipping an injury riddled team led by their 4th string QB. :rolleyes:

Yes...yes I did.:D

BTW...all teams have injuries, granted your team is on their 4th string QB(Which is a Pittsburgh guy), but the problems happened before any QB got hurt.

I told you at the beginning of the season, when you lose your first two games, and they are both at home, you will have a bad season.

Your team needs a new coach, front office and better players. Your team has had good draft position over the years, but made more mistakes then good players.

Yes...yes I did.:D

BTW...all teams have injuries, granted your team is on their 4th string QB(Which is a Pittsburgh guy), but the problems happened before any QB got hurt.

I told you at the beginning of the season, when you lose your first two games, and they are both at home, you will have a bad season.

Your team needs a new coach, front office and better players. Your team has had good draft position over the years, but made more mistakes then good players.

Yes we do and plans are already in place to take care of that.....

http://www.satelliteguys.us/sports-section/159279-browns-fire-gm-phil-savage-rac-follow.html

Monday Morning QB Thoughts with HD MM, Week 17

1. Congratulations to all the playoff bound teams. This year there will be 7 teams participating in the playoffs that didn't last year. The NFL and Parity have become monotonous.

2. '08: Detroit Lions- "Woe & 16"! My regards Lions fans.

3. Speaking of the Lions, at least they can score touchdowns. Yesterday, the Browns set an NFL record by being the first team to not score a TD in 6 consecutive games! Watching this team try to run an offense led by Ken Dorsey or Bruce Gradkowski was shear torture. If the Lions were to play the Browns next week, Detroit would probably be favored. Thank God this '08 season is finished!

4. I respect the Steelers willingness to not lay down and play their reserves yesterday, but since they had nothing to gain or lose by the outcome of the game, did they make the right decision in playing Roethlisberger?

5. During the 2nd quarter, Willie Parker fired a football into the crowd after scoring a TD. Will he be fined $10,000? A NY Jets DE got fined for as much last week for doing the same with snow.

6. Did anyone see the challenging elements at The Ralph yesterday? With every kick going "wide right", it was yet another reminder to the unfortunate letdown during Super Bowl XXV. What did the Bills do to deserve this cruel torture?

7. One of two exemplary stories of team turnaround has to go to the Miami Dolphins. The Fins improved on a 1-15 record by going 11-5 and winning the AFC East this year. It was only fitting that Chad Pennington got to clinch the division against his former team he was ousted by on the final week of the regular season.

8. The other great turnaround story goes to the Atlanta Falcons. In '07 this team was in shambles. They lost their franchise QB after being involved in an illegal dog fighting ring, their Head Coach quit in the middle of the season and their GM was fired. In '08, Atlanta hired a no-name HC and GM. They drafted Matt Ryan to be their QB and signed Michael Turner as their new running back. After going 4-12 in '07, the Falcons improved to 11-5 and a Wild Card birth this year. Very impressive considering the circumstances from just a year ago.

9. While Tony Romo will still be associated with the stigma of "not being able to win the big game", he isn't alone in the blame to go around for the disappointing Cowboys season. At the beginning of the year, the 'Boys were atop the list of Super Bowl contenders. To not make the playoffs with this collection of talented individuals is completely unacceptable. Yet, right there is where the problem begins and ends. Until the "talented individuals" play as a team and not for themselves, they will continue to disappoint year in and year out.

10. I am now reading reports of [ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3797442"]Eric Mangini out as head coach of New York Jets - ESPN[/ame](Jets) and and [ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3797433"]Rod Marinelli's ouster follows Detroit Lions' 0-16 season - ESPN[/ame] (Lions) being fired. [ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3795786"]Sources: Cleveland Browns' Romeo Crennel, Phil Savage ousted - ESPN[/ame]is expected to be fired as well later on this afternoon. I think it's pretty clear now that Bill Belichick is the Football Czar in New England. All of his notable coordinators (Mangini, Crennel and Weis) haven't been able to sniff similar success when they tried to branch out on their own.

1. Congratulations to all the playoff bound teams. This year there will be 7 teams participating in the playoffs that didn't last year. The NFL and Parity have become monotonous.

2. '08: Detroit Lions- "Woe & 16"! My regards Lions fans.

3. Speaking of the Lions, at least they can score touchdowns. Yesterday, the Browns set an NFL record by being the first team to not score a TD in 6 consecutive games! Watching this team try to run an offense led by Ken Dorsey or Bruce Gradkowski was shear torture. If the Lions were to play the Browns next week, Detroit would probably be favored. Thank God this '08 season is finished!

In Gradkowski's defense, he's only been with the team for a week or two, just trying to learn the playbook and probably will not be there next year .... He is a capable QB and will be in the league somewhere if he's given a chance.

4. I respect the Steelers willingness to not lay down and play their reserves yesterday, but since they had nothing to gain or lose by the outcome of the game, did they make the right decision in playing Roethlisberger?

I think the plan was to play Ben for the first half. So yes, I see no problem with him playing yesterday, also with them losing to Tennessee last week , I;m sure they wanted to get the team back in playoff mode.

5. During the 2nd quarter, Willie Parker fired a football into the crowd after scoring a TD. Will he be fined $10,000? A NY Jets DE got fined for as much last week for doing the same with snow.

Parker will be fined whatever the going rate for a NFL ball being thrown into the stands, it use to be $ 500, don't know what it is anymore.

6. Did anyone see the challenging elements at The Ralph yesterday? With every kick going "wide right", it was yet another reminder to the unfortunate letdown during Super Bowl XXV. What did the Bills do to deserve this cruel torture?

7. One of two exemplary stories of team turnaround has to go to the Miami Dolphins. The Fins improved on a 1-15 record by going 11-5 and winning the AFC East this year. It was only fitting that Chad Pennington got to clinch the division against his former team he was ousted by on the final week of the regular season.

Congratulations to the Dolphins, you have a great year, hopefully they can continue the success into next year

8. The other great turnaround story goes to the Atlanta Falcons. In '07 this team was in shambles. They lost their franchise QB after being involved in an illegal dog fighting ring, their Head Coach quit in the middle of the season and their GM was fired. In '08, Atlanta hired a no-name HC and GM. They drafted Matt Ryan to be their QB and signed Michael Turner as their new running back. After going 4-12 in '07, the Falcons improved to 11-5 and a Wild Card birth this year. Very impressive considering the circumstances from just a year ago.

The Falcons , same as the Dolphins, Congrats and continue your success for more than one year.

9. While Tony Romo will still be associated with the stigma of "not being able to win the big game", he isn't alone in the blame to go around for the disappointing Cowboys season. At the beginning of the year, the 'Boys were atop the list of Super Bowl contenders. To not make the playoffs with this collection of talented individuals is completely unacceptable. Yet, right there is where the problem begins and ends. Until the "talented individuals" play as a team and not for themselves, they will continue to disappoint year in and year out.

Exactly

10. I am now reading reports of [ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3797442"]Eric Mangini out as head coach of New York Jets - ESPN[/ame](Jets) and and [ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3797433"]Rod Marinelli's ouster follows Detroit Lions' 0-16 season - ESPN[/ame] (Lions) being fired. [ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3795786"]Sources: Cleveland Browns' Romeo Crennel, Phil Savage ousted - ESPN[/ame]is expected to be fired as well later on this afternoon. I think it's pretty clear now that Bill Belichick is the Football Czar in New England. All of his notable coordinators (Mangini, Crennel and Weis) haven't been able to sniff similar success when they tried to branch out on their own.

Jimbo

I think Marinelli should have gotten a second chance. The blame clearly falls on Matt Millan who was gone earlier in the year. I feel for a coach who is given few decent players, no QB, and has their best WR traded in the middle of the season.

Congratulations to the Dolphins, you have a great year, hopefully they can continue the success into next yearJimbo

thanks jim :up:up:up

Ok HDMM,
You got Calvin Johnson on the Offense and potential in RB Keven Smith thats it on the O side.
On the D side you have Ernie Sims ...

Thats IT ....

Do you see any other NFL players there ?

Jimbo

Nope. The kitchen is pretty bare in Detroit.

Besides, you let your best D player go in Shaun Rogers.

Nope. The kitchen is pretty bare in Detroit.

Besides, you let your best D player go in Shaun Rogers.

Thats because he had that "I don't want to play here" disease.
He really didn't get the Browns any farther than the Lions, when you look at teh Big picture.
Good luck with him next year.

Jimbo

Thats because he had that "I don't want to play here" disease.
He really didn't get the Browns any farther than the Lions, when you look at teh Big picture.
Good luck with him next year.

Jimbo

True, but Shaun was the sole bright spot on our defense this year. 1 of our 2 pro-bowl selections.

True, but Shaun was the sole bright spot on our defense this year. 1 of our 2 pro-bowl selections.

Like I said, watch him next year, you'll gradually start to see what the Lion fans saw in him.
He was a Pro Bowl player in Detroit as well, till he decided he didn't want to be.

Jimbo

Interesting stat on the Chargers:

The last time the Chargers lost a game in December, it was to the Broncos, who beat San Diego 23-7 at Qualcomm Stadium in 2005.

Yesterday's win gives the Chargers 14 straight wins in the 12th month.

Greatest Team in Your Lifetime

What we love about sports

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts