NFL 2012-13 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moreno, Manning, and the Denver D all had a very good night in the Windy City. :)

================

Denver Broncos game outscores Olympics in local TV ratings

UPDATED: 08/10/2012 11:53:41 AM MDTBy Joanne Ostrow
Denver Post Television Critic

The Broncos took the gold, silver, platinum and any other metals/medals you've got in terms of local TV ratings Thursday night, leaving the Olympics in the dust.

The Broncos-Bears game trounced the primetime swimming, running, diving and whatnot on the Olympics by more than double the share (or percent of viewing audience.) The football audience started strong and got weaker, while the local Olympics audience started very weak and built through the night.

From 6:30-9:45 p.m. Thursday when they were head-to-head, the Olympics on NBC, locally Channel 9, managed a 7.5 rating and 20.9 share while the Broncos' preseason opener on KTVD-Channel 20 (Channel 9's sister station) triumphed with a 12.3 rating and 35.8 share. The ratings, based on the 25-54 demographic, are based on preliminary overnights; finals will be reported Friday afternoon.

In short, 203,598 adults watched the Broncos while 124,182 watched the Olympics.

Read more: Denver Broncos game outscores Olympics in local TV ratings - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...cores-olympics-local-tv-ratings#ixzz23AYktfPc

Last edited:
Moreno, Manning, and the Denver D all had a very good night in the Wind City. :)

i know its only preseason but peyton did look ok to me. i guess we have to see how well he can throw that deep ball.

Concerning the New York Jets,I think Tim Tebow is just a smokescreen & "decoy(opposed to others calling him a distraction)." The real REAL distraction is Rex Ryan. The Jets are like the classic old undisciplined Oakland Raiders without the winning attitude to go with it & Ryan has no control over them. Maybe Ryan is hoping that people will be so keyed on Tebow that they'll ignore the mess he's making.

Watched the end of the Giants game. Mad about it. Yes I know its preseason but still. I mean poor clock management cost them the game. And the QB gets sacked on the final play of the game. Im not worried, he'll be cut by next game anyway.

It's only preseason, but Chiefs 1st team on both sides of the ball was amazing.

Barring injuries to themselves or the lines that opened cooridors in the Cardinal defense for them, Charles and Hillis are going to be fun to watch this year.

Routt w/ his first PI as a Chief also ;)

Chad Johnson arrested in Davie, Florida for domestic dispute. According to reports, wife found receipts for condoms, an argument started and he allegedly headbutted her. He stated they bumped heads...

Hard Knocks, if the Dolphins don't cut him...is gonna be awesome!

Chad Johnson arrested in Davie, Florida for domestic dispute. According to reports, wife found receipts for condoms, an argument started and he allegedly headbutted her. He stated they bumped heads...

Hard Knocks, if the Dolphins don't cut him...is gonna be awesome!
They should cut this idiot. he's not worth the trouble.....

Rey said:
They should cut this idiot. he's not worth the trouble.....

Not gonna jump just yet. So far, it is what is being reported. I do not remember him getting arrested or anything like that....so we shall see. IF the Dolphins cut him now, then there is more than likely more to the story than domestic dispute. IF they don't, then the story is being over sensationalized and the Dolphin brass has the real facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great One

NFL Award Picks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)