NFL 2012-13 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
We still have to put up with the replacement refs for tonights game.

No,I think the regular refs will be calling the game tonight.
NFL gives into public pressure and does right thing by bringing back regular officials
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--n...thing-by-bringing-back-regular-officials.html

In a previous link that I posted, http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...en-nfl-officials-imminent-023915580--nfl.html ,it stated that during the lockout,

Ed Hochuli, the Arizona attorney considered the dean of NFL officials by most fans and media people, has been engaging the locked-out officials in weekly rules-related conference calls. All officials got a Hochulli-implemented test once a week, and Big Ed the Muscular went over the results with his comrades."That's one of the reasons why the officials will be up to date and ready to go,'' a source told King. "Ed grabbed the bull by the horns and made sure that whenever this thing ended, the regular officials would be ready to go back to work immediately.''

Last edited:
One report I read said for week 4 it was "all or nothing". It wouldn't be fair to have replacement officials working one game and the real ones work the others...

I'm sorry, but that's one of the most asinine posts I've ever read here....

Really? Do you not remember what happened after the regular baseball umpires turned out and all kinds of people said that? The signs in the stadium about bring back the replacements? My point is, fans are never satisfied because they always think calls go against them and it is easier to take it out on the officials.

Last edited:
Really? Do you not remember what happened after the regular baseball umpires turned out and all kinds of people said that? The signs in the stadium about bring back the replacements? My point is, fans are never satisfied because they always think calls go against them and it is easier to take it out on the officials.

This is very true. My Raiders with the regular refs AVERAGED 8 penalties for 80 last year. With the replacements, 3 for 35 yards after 4 preseason and 3 regular season games. Some fans were even saying that that there is a drop in "phantom calls" that sometimes the Raiders would get just for reputation...

ROFLMAO!!!:wtf:

I was just going off what they said on Sportscenter this morning.

I'm glad that you edited out the question of whether or not I could recognize sarcasm, because on one hand you tried to back up your point, but then said it was a joke....:confused:

Obviously, the "real refs" are not infallible. They have made mistakes and will make them in the future. Some of us will most likely be in here after games this weekend bitching about a call. The replacement officials clearly were not good enough. Their performance on the field was a joke. They lacked was the respect of the players and the rest of everyone else on the field and sidelines. That is what the real refs will bring back...

The replacement officials clearly were not good enough. Their performance on the field was a joke. They lacked the respect of the players and the rest of everyone else on the field and sidelines. That is what the real refs will bring back...

yes! that was the biggest issue of all.

I think the bigger issue is they didn't take steps to enforce respect. They don't need to earn it, they are entitled to it as part of their jobs. Abusing them like a substitute teacher should have resulted in quicker flags IMO.

It's not a running of the bulls, it's pro football. If I were running one of those games and it started getting chippy early like many of them did as players tried to get away with more, I would break up that first scuffle, warn both sidelines, and start calling penalties if it continued.

I think the bigger issue is they didn't take steps to enforce respect. They don't need to earn it, they are entitled to it as part of their jobs. Abusing them like a substitute teacher should have resulted in quicker flags IMO.

It's not a running of the bulls, it's pro football. If I were running one of those games and it started getting chippy early like many of them did as players tried to get away with more, I would break up that first scuffle, warn both sidelines, and start calling penalties if it continued.
I agree, and the whole thing started to fall apart when the warnings and penalties didn't happen....

Gene Steratore's crew will work tonight's game. Gene is an excellent official who officiates Div. 1 baskeball also...

gene-steratore-114-2011-nfl-new-york-jets-JwB8uN.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great One

NFL Award Picks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)