NFL 2023-2024 Season

Technically, neither of those plays were "game winning". They were "game winning drive plays", but not "game winning". NFL press is nuts... fans even worse. Now Watson isn't a bust, Stefanski isn't being floated out on an ice sheet into Lake Erie to plummet over Niagara Falls.

The crazy thing right now is that the Browns are in 3rd place in the Division despite being 6-3, and are the sixth seed. And that is with Buffalo and Bengals on the outside. We know the Bills can play better. The season is 17 games long, which means we are just past the halfway point. The Browns need to do what they have in the first half, all over again. And this wouldn't be the first Browns collapse. The trouble I see with Watson is he is one rush away from the IR. He is already playing on a bad ankle.

And don't start with me about injuries. No one remembers the injuries the Patriots had to manage, especially the secondary over their dynasty years. Time will tell, but Browns fans are just awful with expectations, failure, and general fandom. It is inspiring that the Browns are managing without Chubb. But the season is just past halfway, nothing matters but their second half record now.

Reactions: AZ.
The NFL is once again turning into the NO FUN LEAGUE ...

Some of the stupid penalties they are calling are just plain stupid (and a Money Grab in some cases)

Taunting is subjectable, but ....

Come on guys

I can see, because he was still on the field of play vs the endzone where the play would be considered Over ...
I still don't think I would have called that.

One other rule that I see must have been told to emphasize this past year in both Pro and College is the "Intentional Grounding " call ...

This has gotten ridiculous ....
I have seen this called more this year than my entire life of watching football for the last 50 years combined.

• Sad
Reactions: Mike0616 and AZ.
The Lions game made Sunday Ticket well worth it, 12 Points down, 3 minutes to go, win by 5.

Reactions: Jimbo and meStevo
The NFL is once again turning into the NO FUN LEAGUE ...

Some of the stupid penalties they are calling are just plain stupid (and a Money Grab in some cases)

Taunting is subjectable, but ....

Come on guys

I can see, because he was still on the field of play vs the endzone where the play would be considered Over ...
I still don't think I would have called that.

One other rule that I see must have been told to emphasize this past year in both Pro and College is the "Intentional Grounding " call ...

This has gotten ridiculous ....
I have seen this called more this year than my entire life of watching football for the last 50 years combined.

There's always some form of this every season, I mostly blame the union rather than the league. The fine schedule and prior incidents have led to things like this.

I don't watch college, but haven't seen anything particularly egregious about intentional grounding in the NFL, typically pretty black and white call.

There's always some form of this every season, I mostly blame the union rather than the league. The fine schedule and prior incidents have led to things like this.

I don't watch college, but haven't seen anything particularly egregious about intentional grounding in the NFL, typically pretty black and white call.
Normally, the QB gets the benefit of the doubt on the Intentional Grounding as he only has to have a recvr in the area and be out of the box and make the LOS ...

Just WAY too many of them being called that are ticky tack ...

There have been more IG calls this year than the last 20 combined.

Reactions: Mike0616
Despite my Patriots sucking badly (they are sooooooooooo bad!!!!), I’m really this enjoying season. I have YTTV and I purchased Sunday Ticket back in June. Enjoying it very much, especially the Multiview feature.

As far as the rest of the season goes, this season unlike any other I can remember will be a war of attrition. The Chiefs have the best player on the planet, but their WR corps is very uninspiring. The Ravens look like they’re loaded, but can Lamar Jackson win in the playoffs? The Bills roster is still loaded, but it looks like they will have to win 3 road playoff games to reach the Super Bowl. The Dolphins are very scary offensively, but can their defense travel in the postseason? The Bengals were primed for another postseason run, but losing Joe Burrow is obviously a killer. The Jaguars look like world beaters at times, but they can’t seem to sustain any consistency. The Browns, Texans and Steelers are all nice stories, but I think they’re all a year or two away. The NFC is very top heavy with the Eagles, 49ers, Lions and Cowboys all primed to make Super Bowl runs. Right now I’m picking an Eagles- Ravens Super Bowl, but it wouldn’t shock me if the 49ers went into Philly in the NFCCG and beat them. Looking forward to how it all shakes out.