NFL 2023-2024 Season

The Detroit Lions last Won a Championship in 1957 ....

This years Super Bowl is number 57 ...

Coincidence ???????
I can only hope.

The Detroit Lions last Won a Championship in 1957 ....

This years Super Bowl is number 57 ...

Coincidence ???????
I dont think they have it in them to win. But I wont bet or root against them. The city of Detroit could use a nice big win for a change!

Reactions: Jimbo
Getting THIS far is a HUGE boost ....

Any further is Gravy (but we can hope !)
Unfortunately, because of losing for so long, many have adopted the mindset of them always losing.

For example, I believe they will lose tomorrow, if not, I fully expect them to lose in the Super Bowl.

Hard to change after all these years, but yes, getting this far is amazing……..for them.

Unfortunately, because of losing for so long, many have adopted the mindset of them always losing.

For example, I believe they will lose tomorrow, if not, I fully expect them to lose in the Super Bowl.

Hard to change after all these years, but yes, getting this far is amazing……..for them.
Sadly, you are correct ... for the 1st line.

I believe they HAVE a decent Chance, if the 49'ers don't play a perfect game.

CMC worries me the most.
Along with, will Goff have enough time.

If the pathetic Cubs can win after 108 years, it shouldnt be that hard for Detroit. And remember the big money that owned the Cubs for most of that time!

Reactions: Foxbat
If the pathetic Cubs can win after 108 years, it shouldnt be that hard for Detroit. And remember the big money that owned the Cubs for most of that time!
It is just I have almost been alive ( I will be 57 this year)since the Lions last won a Championship ( not even a Super Bowl), so by the time I started to pay attention, the only glimmer of hope was the Wayne Fontes years (yech),

The Cubs, at least, won National League East Division titles in 1984 and 1989, and Central titles in 2003, 2007, 2008.

Then of course, WS in 2016.

It is just I have almost been alive ( I will be 57 this year)since the Lions last won a Championship ( not even a Super Bowl), so by the time I started to pay attention, the only glimmer of hope was the Wayne Fontes years (yech),

The Cubs, at least, won National League East Division titles in 1984 and 1989, and Central titles in 2003, 2007, 2008.

Then of course, WS in 2016.
And have been coined the phrase" lovable losers" for better than 70 years!

Unfortunately for Detroit, it looks like thier Offensive Co Ordinator Ben Johnson will be leaving the team soon, moving on to a Head Coaching job ... Washington it sounds like.

Who will they find to replace him will be crucial for them.
Thats said, they have good Football people making the calls now, so we'll see.

Reactions: AZ.

I get it, to a lesser extent. I get like this still and I'm a Chiefs fan watching my team go to it's 6th straight AFC championship. My fandom started in the late 90s and didn't see them win a playoff game for more than a decade.

All those great players and teams... Trent Green, Priest Holmes, Tony Gonzalez, Dante Hall, etc... no playoff success.

Before the Mahomes era, they were 1-11 in the playoffs in my time as a fan, with that Alex Smith-led win coming in 2015 before everything changed and Mahomes started in 2018.

Reactions: dfergie and Foxbat
I get it, to a lesser extent. I get like this still and I'm a Chiefs fan watching my team go to it's 6th straight AFC championship. My fandom started in the late 90s and didn't see them win a playoff game for more than a decade.
And, I remember them as being an AFL powerhouse which started in Dallas with a championship and continued after their move to KC and later transition to the NFL. :)

Reactions: meStevo
My favorite day of the year is here- Championship Sunday!!

The weather has sucked here, so I’m looking forward to locking myself in for 7 hours of hopefully memorable football.

AFCCG- this used to be the Patriots Invitational and now it’s the Chiefs Invitational. Rain is forecast throughout the game, but I doubt that will matter because both these teams have solid defenses and both can run the ball. They also both have elite QB’s that can take over a game. The Ravens FINALLY are hosting an AFCCG (it’s crazy to think this team has won 2 Super Bowls but have never hosted an AFCCG. It reminds me of the Miami Marlins winning 2 World Series but yet have never won a division title), and I think the crowd is going to be insane. Will that be enough? Call me crazy for going against the incomparable Patrick Mahomes, but I think this is Lamar Jackson’s year. He gets his favorite target back today in Mark Andrews (Isiah Likely has done a GREAT job in his absence), and that just further strengthens the glut of weapons at his disposal. Ravens 27, Chiefs 23

NFCCG- The Lions play in their first NFCCG in 32 years, and have to play a 49ers team that has been arguably the best team in the NFL. The Lions defense is by far the worst of the Final Four teams, but Brock Purdy has been a little shaky over the last month or so. Jared Goff has had a great year and he has a ton of weapons at his disposal. I’m going for a major upset here. I admit this is probably more my heart than my head talking, but I also have a gut feeling here. I also don’t like the direction Purdy has been trending (if I’m Shanahan I go with a heavy dose of Christian McCaffrey). Lions 24, 49ers 21. Old SatelliteGuys friend Paul Wozniak can finally retire “Detroit Lions- rebuilding since 1957”. Next year is finally here.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

My favorite day of the year is here- Championship Sunday!!

The weather has sucked here, so I’m looking forward to locking myself in for 7 hours of hopefully memorable football.

AFCCG- this used to be the Patriots Invitational and now it’s the Chiefs Invitational. Rain is forecast throughout the game, but I doubt that will matter because both these teams have solid defenses and both can run the ball. They also both have elite QB’s that can take over a game. The Ravens FINALLY are hosting an AFCCG (it’s crazy to think this team has won 2 Super Bowls but have never hosted an AFCCG. It reminds me of the Miami Marlins winning 2 World Series but yet have never won a division title), and I think the crowd is going to be insane. Will that be enough? Call me crazy for going against the incomparable Patrick Mahomes, but I think this is Lamar Jackson’s year. He gets his favorite target back today in Mark Andrews (Isiah Likely has done a GREAT job in his absence), and that just further strengthens the glut of weapons at his disposal. Ravens 27, Chiefs 23

NFCCG- The Lions play in their first NFCCG in 32 years, and have to play a 49ers team that has been arguably the best team in the NFL. The Lions defense is by far the worst of the Final Four teams, but Brock Purdy has been a little shaky over the last month or so. Jared Goff has had a great year and he has a ton of weapons at his disposal. I’m going for a major upset here. I admit this is probably more my heart than my head talking, but I also have a gut feeling here. I also don’t like the direction Purdy has been trending (if I’m Shanahan I go with a heavy dose of Christian McCaffrey). Lions 24, 49ers 21. Old SatelliteGuys friend Paul Wozniak can finally retire “Detroit Lions- rebuilding since 1957”. Next year is finally here.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys
Welcome Back My Friend !
Heres hoping your predictions come true.

Ravens have been playing at a VERY High level, I can see them knocking off the Chiefs.

I think the 49'ers are Better than the Lions, but not by much.
Lions are sub par in the secondary, everywhere else, they are on par with the 9'ers.

I think the Ravens are playing the best ball overall at the moment.
IF the Lions O Line can give Goff time to throw, it will be a very interesting game.

Reactions: BillD1984
Will this game be a replay of the college championship. No defense.

Jackson is 5/12, his #2 receiver is himself. Chiefs defense has been pretty incredible.

Hamilton has been amazing for the Ravens, but they lost their composure on that last drive and handed the Chiefs 30 penalty yards. Recipe for free points and KC ended up getting 3.

Jackson is 5/12, his #2 receiver is himself. Chiefs defense has been pretty incredible.

Hamilton has been amazing for the Ravens, but they lost their composure on that last drive and handed the Chiefs 30 penalty yards. Recipe for free points and KC ended up getting 3.
I figured we'd see more run game for the Ravens, but with KC scoring as much as they have, they have gotten out of thier Offense.
Baltimore has to be balanced to win this game.

Yeah, if they aren't running they aren't winning. Jackson isn't completing the passes to not be successful in the running game. If they can't get the running game going to open the defense up then they won't win the game.