NFL network in HD?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ssamick

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2007
O.K. I have done some searching and I don't see this posted yet, I have all the new hd channels including the NFL hd channel. But It is coming down in 4:3 And it doesn't say NFL hd in the upper corner on the channel. It looks just like a better sd version on the hd channel. Is this just me or is everybody else seeing this?
I posted this in dish hd by accident first, and I wasn't sure how to move it so I put Over here where is should go. I hope this is o.k:eek:

Are you seeing black bars on the sides of the screen? They are probably broadcasting an SD 4:3 program, and they didn't upconvert or stretch it to make it fill the entire screen. This is fairly common, especially on network feeds when they're showing non-HD programming. Personally, I think it looks better this way than it does when they try to stretch it anyway...

Yea I see the black bars on both sides. I'm watching nfl total access wright now, and I thought it was supposed to be in HD.

Yea I see the black bars on both sides. I'm watching nfl total access wright now, and I thought it was supposed to be in HD.

Yeah, that was a show I also expected to be in HD when I turned it on this morning... not sure what that's about, but it's NFL Network that's broadcasting it that way, not a D* issue...

a little info

Just so you know on these new HD channels not every single program will be in HD. Most of these channels are not "dedicated" HD channels in the sense that HDNet is a "dedicated" HD channel where EVERYTHING even commercials are in HD.

not too many programs on nfl network are in hd unfortunately. you would think that wouldn't be the case.

yea the nfl hd demo of total access was in SD, however the total access the week of last super bowl was in hd, i guess it depends where they set up since it wasnt in the studio but rather outside somewhere in miami. In time hopefully it will have more HD content.

I had a full time NFL HD channel from my cable company before I switched. The only things that were in HD are some game replays. Also when they have programs like top 10 RB's the interviews with the players are in HD but the highlights are not.

Total Access is not in HD which is a total joke. The NFL is making tons of money and there is no excuse for it.

I am not geting the new HD version of the NFL Network even though I should be. (getting 721 message).

After updating my favorites list for the channel's HD version and trying a receiver reset, twice, I called Directv tech support.

I was told that many customers are not getting all the HD channels that they should be and that there would be another re-launch of the HD channels tommorrow AGAIN to try to fix some of these problems.

Anyone else having problems with NFL HD ?

Did you get it fixed and if so how ?

Hopefully NFL Network will have more HD content now that DirecTV has the channel and more people are able to see it. I was able to see NFL Network HD this morning on DirecTV.

I believe I read on AVS forums that NFL Network does not plan on broadcasting Total Access & other studio shows in HD until the Fall of 2008. Someone had written into NFL ntwork & that was the response he got back. Until then, pretty much only the Replays & the live games in HD.

I believe I read on AVS forums that NFL Network does not plan on broadcasting Total Access & other studio shows in HD until the Fall of 2008. Someone had written into NFL ntwork & that was the response he got back. Until then, pretty much only the Replays & the live games in HD.
Thanks for the info thaught I was crazy.

Last edited:
You know you're in the transitional period of SD to HD because ppl with standard sets complain of black bars on the top & bottom while early adopters complain about black bars on the sides. What does this tell us, ppl just like to complain :).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts