NFL Network / NFL Redzone

I heard through my channels that they were waiting for a new thread to start on this topic !! ;)

I heard through my channels that they were waiting for a new thread to start on this topic !! ;)

Considering that the linked thread quickly turned into a discussion about baseball, I could understand Dish's confusion. ;)

I could see Dish bringing NFL Network back by 6pm ET next Thursday - just in time for the NFL Network pregame show for the season opener. I would be shocked if NFL Network isn't back by within 10 days. If it isn't back for the kickoff, I would think a deal would be made to bring it back for Redzone in Week 1.

Just look at how Dish launched ACC Network an hour before the first football game on ACC Network, and the last time they brought back NFL Network, it was about 24 hours before the first preseason game.

I could see Dish bringing NFL Network back by 6pm ET next Thursday - just in time for the NFL Network pregame show for the season opener. I would be shocked if NFL Network isn't back by within 10 days. If it isn't back for the kickoff, I would think a deal would be made to bring it back for Redzone in Week 1.

Just look at how Dish launched ACC Network an hour before the first football game on ACC Network, and the last time they brought back NFL Network, it was about 24 hours before the first preseason game.
I could see Dish being ticked enough at NFL Network to not bring it back at all. Remember the stunt that NFL Network pulled last season during Dish's dispute with the Fox owned-and-operated stations. The NFL Network simulcast would have been a work-around, but Fox did not want Dish customers to have access to that while the Fox stations were still in dispute. So, they got NFL Network to take that game away from everybody, regardless of which service provider you were using to watch NFL Network. Dish has a long memory, and they (Charlie) like to hold onto grudges. So, it may be a case where Charlie feels that if NFL Network is going to pull stunts like that, then the channel is no longer worth carrying, period.

Reactions: Tampa8
There is always movement right as the season starts in any sports. And I am sure with COVID there is some skepticism the season happens, or at least the full season happens, so being cautious and not getting into a long term contract is the eye right now. I've been testing out all the services and do note that DISH is overall lacking in spots to compared to its streaming and cable peers. It was not always this way. In time DISH is going to putter out if it does not come up with a sports strategy. Right now with few games anyway under COVID its not as apparent, but in time this will settle.

Reactions: pattykay
I agree. Charlie saved a pretty good amount of money on the carriage fees all summer and will probably negotiate a deal very close to what he has in mind.

Thursday is in 2 days...Will Dish come to an agreement ??? Fingers crossed

YouTube tv just got Nfl network and the Red zone channel but still very little from Dish

With so many disputes over the years and Dish not renewing some channels I would hope to see it benefiting the customer but my bill just keeps going up Haha

YouTube tv just got Nfl network and the Red zone channel but still very little from Dish

With so many disputes over the years and Dish not renewing some channels I would hope to see it benefiting the customer but my bill just keeps going up Haha
:eek:

1200-108314148-fear-affect-human.jpg

Reactions: pattykay

What are the options for REDZONE if dish doesn't agree. What is the cheapest way to watch it online on like a firestick?

I was considering signing up for Redzone via the NFL app on my iPhone for $34.95 for the season IF I could Airplay it to my AppleTV to watch it on my 80" home theater TV but there are confusing posts on the Internet whether that will work or not.

I'm looking at YouTube tv for Nfl network and red zone but it is like $75 but I do get some of the stations Im missing on Dish and unlimited Dvr...Right now there is a 2 week free trial

Cheapest I would guess is streaming it for free on first row sports or a streaming site like that...But the 34.95 might be the best deal if you can stream it to your tv...I would think about that too but like you if I can't screen cast it I won't do it because I'd rather watch it on my 86" tv

One thing I noticed is that on my account programming page, the package for Multi Sport pack is now just called Multi Sport, up to last week it was Multi Sport/w Redzone. Still $13 though.

Looking at Dish.com, if you do a channel search for sports channels, NFL Network does not come up. It is also no longer shown under Sling Blue or anywhere on their site.

I think it is safe to say NFL Network and Red Zone are gone. I'll learn to survive. It was nice to watch replays, but that is about the end of my use for the channel. It'll suck more for others.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)