NFL package

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Not new customer. Been directv one for 10 years as well as NFL Sunday Ticket. I am just trying to help folks out there that want ST but not D* year round.

okay, had to go to an ask bell south page but here's what it says about disconnecting directv.

``temporary account suspension is NOT available to customers who have agreed to maintain a certain level of programming in exchange for a special offer or equipment price.''

it is designed to allow customers who are away on vacation for an extended period of time so they can get a break on their bill.

so, colbert, i will say this to you again as someone who has been hosed by directv several times (and i'm sure there are others here, as well).....the majority of csr's who work for directv do not know what they are doing and they simply don't have time to read the fine points of your account. they are assuming you are a longstanding customer, out of contract.

i strongly suggest you have all of this in writing and keep it handy. i am not denying what you are doing. i'm just trying to warn you as someone who's been there..........to cross your t's and dot your i's.

and brewer, i appreciate your helpfulness. but i truly don't believe any new directv customers under contract, can get sunday ticket only and suspend their account up to 6 months.

Last edited:
There's a matrix for the reasons and timeframes you want to suspend an account for. If you try to suspend it for longer than a set time frame you get transferred to Retention. Way back when this was 9 months, from reading this thread it looks like it was tightened up a bit.

I don't recall stipulations about the terms an account is under, that would probably be a bit much for a CSR to have to mess with.

really. this is the last time.

i ASKED a csr to CONFIRM to me FOLLOWING my 1st 6 month suspension (i.e., after the suspension was complete) to tell me how many months I had left on my contract. The answer was 13. Again, I asked this FOLLOWING the 6 month suspension. She read it straight off the computer.

Pulling something off a BellSouth page most likely relates to a DirecTV/BellSouth bundle deal.

I don't care whether anyone suspends their account or not, but I am saying with 100% certainty that you can suspend for a maximum 6 months at a time every 12 months. The AUTOMATED SYSTEM said it to me not 2 months ago when I suspended. It didn't ask for a reason.

I am sure my clock has been running while on suspension. But the standard you have set to be convinced is completely unobtainable. At this point, nothing more can be said. I really don't feel just posting a bunch of unsubstaintated guessing about something you don't have any direct experience about is helpful to people trying to figure out what will work for them.

If you can't say "I know for a fact what Colebert is saying is untrue" like I can say about what you said early on in this thread, I think it's time to shut it down. We get that CSRs are unreliable. Forum is full of that.

if anyone needs some clairification on what i've said, feel free to PM me. time to go find a thread and twist charper's tail a little to unwind.

La dee da.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)