Status
Please reply by conversation.

red hazard

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 13, 2003
St Louis Metro East (Illinois)
I just quit DN after 10 years. I could go into the reasons but I doubt Scott has enough forum storage space on the server.

Anyway, the current Premium Pkg offer is coupled to the NFL Sunday Ticket (or something like that) which I am not interested in. When do you think that offer will chage. After all, the season has already started.

I guess I'll be hitting the DirecTV forum from now on!! :D

Dont know if this is when the next offer will begin, but it looks like on the Directv website, the offer is good untill 10/6?

Dont know if this is when the next offer will begin, but it looks like on the Directv website, the offer is good untill 10/6?

Well I guess it will be OTA for quite a while. I wasn't QUITE ready to cancel DN today but their so-called customer service PO'd me so much that I did. You're probably correct about that date or near that date. Now I have time to finally get a LAN wired into the house (Cat 6A) which I gather is what I will need for the whole house DVR function.

It should be no problem . I had the same issue so , I called them and told them I did not want that deal . No worries . They gave me a great deal without the Sunday Ticket

I just told them I did not want the " Ticket " . They said ok . They started looking and configuring . I got the Choice Ultimate with all the premiums with the frst 5 months of premiums free . It cost me a little less than the Sunday Ticket premium deal . Then , after 2 weeks , I tried to get a deal on the " Ticket " and they upgraded me to the Premium package for an extra $ 2.00 a month and gave me the " Ticket " for $ 170 . Bottom line is call them and tell them you left Dish ( because they do not care about loyalty ) and tell them you want the deal but without the " Ticket " . They can work it out and more than likely make you happy with what they offer you . Please post back here to let us konow how it goes if you decide to callthem .
Thanks

I also quit 3 months ago, after 5 yrs. But not before I called dish and asked if I could upgrade to HD-DVR and explained that DirecTV was offering 2 free receivers to new customers would it be possible to get upgrades from Dish Network. No, No, No I was told, so I said good bye and am satisfied with my new HD-DVRs from Direct.

.... Now I have time to finally get a LAN wired into the house (Cat 6A) which I gather is what I will need for the whole house DVR function.
If you are really getting DTV,then why not let them install their DECA system? Being a new customer to them ,you will probably get the install for free. DECA means less wires and only 1 internet hookup is needed(thru an ICK) My 2 cents

If you are really getting DTV,then why not let them install their DECA system? Being a new customer to them ,you will probably get the install for free. DECA means less wires and only 1 internet hookup is needed(thru an ICK) My 2 cents

If I knew what a "DECA" and an "ICK" was I might consider it. But I have all the hardware necessary to install a Gigabit LAN and will get started on it soon. I have sufficient semifinished walkout basement areas to do it. Hmmmm, I thought "ICK" was a tropical fish disease.

If I knew what a "DECA" and an "ICK" was I might consider it. But I have all the hardware necessary to install a Gigabit LAN and will get started on it soon. I have sufficient semifinished walkout basement areas to do it. Hmmmm, I thought "ICK" was a tropical fish disease.

DECA = DirecTV Ethernet Coaxial Adapter

ICK = Internet Connection Kit

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts