NFL Sunday Ticket 2014/2015 Season - Discuss Pricing/Discounts/Offers

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Update, I called the 1800 GET SPORTS number for directv, I got Sunday Ticket (regular) For free again this year!
No commitment.
I asked for the Max, he didn't have any offers available for that, but gave me the standard ST free.
Couldn't ask for anything better.
Sure I will miss Andrew Siciliano and Red Zone, but as long as I get to see all my Patriots games this year I am super happy!

How long have you been a customer? Just wondering since it was posted earlier the flyer went out to longer tenure customers.

So, I have had Dtv for 15 years now all for the ticket, I have never really gotten any major discounts on anything except for free hd for two years when I signed up for auto pay. I called today because $330 this year is crazy, especially when I am home maybe 6 weekends out of the football season due to work. Anyways, first I was offered $5 off a month for 6 months, slap in the face if you ask me, so she kept looking for discounts, $20 off bill for 12 months with new agreement, $10 off with agreement for 1 year. Then she spoke to her supervisor and said a flyer was sent to certain customers with a long tenure with them for an offer for free ST this year and asked if I received the flyer, said to keep an eye out for it and to call next Friday if I do not receive it. Reading how people have gotten the ST for free multiple years is baffling to me when I call and am offered an initial $5 off for 6 months and I have had them without interruption for 15 years. Crazy. I guess we will see next week whether this flyer exists and shows up or what happens with my next call to them.
Never take the 1st offer ..... if you decline the 1st offer, a better one will be coming once they realize your not interested in the 1st offer .... unless the 1st offer is too good to pass up ... alot of that has to do with what you have gotten previously and your time and payment history.

Update, I called the 1800 GET SPORTS number for directv, I got Sunday Ticket (regular) For free again this year!
No commitment.
I asked for the Max, he didn't have any offers available for that, but gave me the standard ST free.
Couldn't ask for anything better.
Sure I will miss Andrew Siciliano and Red Zone, but as long as I get to see all my Patriots games this year I am super happy!
So if you call back in and say you would like to add the Max, they should offer you it for $50 or less.
Are you good with that ?

I was thinking about doing the same thing soon ... but have to decide if I really have a need for the Max portion.

So if you call back in and say you would like to add the Max, they should offer you it for $50 or less.
Are you good with that ?

I was thinking about doing the same thing soon ... but have to decide if I really have a need for the Max portion.

I didn't know that I could call back and add Max for $50 or less at all. I got ST for free which I am super happy with. I do enjoy the redzone channel a lot. Its actually the 2nd channel I watch when my team game goes to commercials.

So basically the only possible way to get ST for free is to threaten to cancel your account? I'm sort of in the same boat as "pinkcookies26". I call and never get offered anything. I'm afraid that if I call to say I want to cancel, the rep will just say "OK, I'll take care of that for you right away". And that's probably exactly what's going to happen with my luck.

So basically the only possible way to get ST for free is to threaten to cancel your account? I'm sort of in the same boat as "pinkcookies26". I call and never get offered anything. I'm afraid that if I call to say I want to cancel, the rep will just say "OK, I'll take care of that for you right away". And that's probably exactly what's going to happen with my luck.

Cancel the account? Nope. Just call, see what they have to offer, if none of the offers are good just ask to cancel NFL ST, then call back in few days and ask them if they had any deals.

Cancel the account? Nope. Just call, see what they have to offer, if none of the offers are good just ask to cancel NFL ST, then call back in few days and ask them if they had any deals.

I can't cancel ST, I don't have it. I cannot afford it.

I'm going on 11-12 years with ST and did my annual call regarding ST. I just called the main number and stated "sunday ticket" and the automated system reported that it could take care of my request; I responded that I wanted to speak with a customer service rep. When I reached the rep, I was polite (didn't threaten to cancel), but was clear that I'm only a D* customer because of the ST and that I can't afford to pay full price for this package. I was initially offered six payments of $32 (instead of $40) which totals $192 (instead of $240). I asked if that included the Max upgrade and rep said that she could include it at that price. I accepted the offer of 6 x $32 ($192 total) for ST with Max upgrade. I then went an extra step and noted how I have been a customer for a long time and asked to review the rest of my programming and expressed concern on how the prices are much higher than they were years ago. She then offered $15 off for the next 12 months ($180 in savings on my bill). The total net over the year is that I'll pay $12 for ST with Max. It works out to be an additional $17/month for the next six months ($102) and then my bill will go down by $15 in the following six months (total $90).

I didn't know that I could call back and add Max for $50 or less at all. I got ST for free which I am super happy with. I do enjoy the redzone channel a lot. Its actually the 2nd channel I watch when my team game goes to commercials.
If your interested, call in and ask .... thats what they kept offering it to me for when I was debating.

Going to start this years thread about NFL Sunday Ticket, planning to call them tomorrow morning to see if they are going to be offering any discounts.
Last year I was lucky and they gave me Sunday Ticket for free, I don't expect the same deal this year, but we will see.
Called in last night. Asked if I could get the same deal I got last year, which was free, simple answer was no. The rep explained that the best he could do was half off of max, $163, I told him it was too much right now, ended up giving me $40 off of hbo, max, and showtime for four months. Sunday ticket max will end up costing me like $3.98, of course I took it and ran!!

Hi everyone,

I get all the NFL games for FREE on my 8ft C-band dish. All games are broadcast ITC in spectacular 1080 HD.

Of course this post will disappear as quickly as it appeared because DirecTV is a sponsor of this site.

Save your $350 and buy a big dish. Besides NFL games, you will get tons of other programming!

Directv is not a sponsor of satelliteguys, and we have no need to delete your post even though it is borderline rude to the team here.

We have an FTA forum including an area where you can discuss wild feeds.

With that in mind, this thread and forum is related to Directv service and I'd ask we keep the further discussion to that, lest we will delete posts.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Reactions: Jimbo
Hi everyone,

I get all the NFL games for FREE on my 8ft C-band dish. All games are broadcast ITC in spectacular 1080 HD.

Of course this post will disappear as quickly as it appeared because DirecTV is a sponsor of this site.

Save your $350 and buy a big dish. Besides NFL games, you will get tons of other programming!
Fwiw, the Sunday Ticket use to be On C-Band ... I got it for $79 a year.

When it went away and a lot of other programming on C-band, I left as well.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
I'm not able to get a DirecTV satellite feed.

I was all set last year with a killer deal from DT to include ST at a great price. The Tech came out and evaluated my property and said, SORRY, No can do. You're neighbors trees are blocking the satellite feed.

While I wait a couple years for the poison I placed on these kill these trees to take effect (J/K !), I'm searching for alternatives to watch the NFL games.

I was fortunate last year to get Sunday Ticket On-Line for $50! Yes, $50! I bought that EA Special Madden 2014 game that had the Coupon for ST. I cost $100 last year. I don't game, so I sold the game for $50 on Craigslist. Therefore, I only paid $50 for ST! Pretty awesome deal!

Anyways, I've been unable to find ANY specials for ST for those of us that can NOT get a satellite feed.

Does anyone know of any specials for those of us in this situation ?

If your interested, call in and ask .... thats what they kept offering it to me for when I was debating.

Here is the thing, I am already getting many discounts on my premier package...

ACCOUNT ACTIVITY
Billing Period: 08/02/14 to 09/01/14
Payments
Previous Balance$0.00
BALANCE0.00
DIRECTV Channels
1.PREMIER102.99
$10 off SPORTS PACK for 6 months (6 of 6)
$7 off STARZ for 12 months (6 of 12)
$5 off CINEMAX for 6 months (6 of 6)
$5 off HBO for 6 months (2 of 6)
2.DIRECTV HD EXTRA PACK2.49
$2.50 off 4.99 for 3 months (2 of 3)
SUBTOTAL105.48
DIRECTV Equipment Services
3.Watch DIRECTV on Multiple TVs6.00
2 TVs at $6; Save $6 off 1st TV
4.Advanced Receiver Service - HD10.00
5.DIRECTV Protection Plan7.99
6.Advanced Receiver Service - DVR10.00
7.DIRECTV Whole-Home DVR Service3.00
SUBTOTAL36.99
Other Discounts
8.Save $10 for 12 months (6 of 12)-10.00
9.Save $15 for 15 months (12 of 15)-15.00
10.Save $5 for 6 months (6 of 6)-5.00
SUBTOTAL-30.00
Other Charges, Adjustments & Taxes
Taxes
11.Sales Tax0.94
SUBTOTAL0.94
Total Amount Due113.41
Payment charged on 08/03/14 - VISA-113.41

Here is the thing, I am already getting many discounts on my premier package...

ACCOUNT ACTIVITY
Billing Period: 08/02/14 to 09/01/14
Payments
Previous Balance$0.00
BALANCE0.00
DIRECTV Channels
1.PREMIER102.99
$10 off SPORTS PACK for 6 months (6 of 6)
$7 off STARZ for 12 months (6 of 12)
$5 off CINEMAX for 6 months (6 of 6)
$5 off HBO for 6 months (2 of 6)
2.DIRECTV HD EXTRA PACK2.49
$2.50 off 4.99 for 3 months (2 of 3)
SUBTOTAL105.48
DIRECTV Equipment Services
3.Watch DIRECTV on Multiple TVs6.00
2 TVs at $6; Save $6 off 1st TV
4.Advanced Receiver Service - HD10.00
5.DIRECTV Protection Plan7.99
6.Advanced Receiver Service - DVR10.00
7.DIRECTV Whole-Home DVR Service3.00
SUBTOTAL36.99
Other Discounts
8.Save $10 for 12 months (6 of 12)-10.00
9.Save $15 for 15 months (12 of 15)-15.00
10.Save $5 for 6 months (6 of 6)-5.00
SUBTOTAL-30.00
Other Charges, Adjustments & Taxes
Taxes
11.Sales Tax0.94
SUBTOTAL0.94
Total Amount Due113.41
Payment charged on 08/03/14 - VISA-113.41
Still , doesn't hurt to ask, worse they can say is No, you already have credits.

Well, I made the call. I decided to ask and see if I could get the Redzone Channel ala carte, knowing full well that they would say no. Of course, the rep stated that you needed to have ST in order to receive that channel. I said I couldn't afford ST and asked if there might be any discounts for the package. I was told, point blank, no. I swear, there has got to be a big message that comes up on their screen when I call stating "don't give this guy anything". I'll give it another try in a few days but, at this point, I figure what's the use?

Well, I made the call. I decided to ask and see if I could get the Redzone Channel ala carte, knowing full well that they would say no. Of course, the rep stated that you needed to have ST in order to receive that channel. I said I couldn't afford ST and asked if there might be any discounts for the package. I was told, point blank, no. I swear, there has got to be a big message that comes up on their screen when I call stating "don't give this guy anything". I'll give it another try in a few days but, at this point, I figure what's the use?

Maybe your account is flagged for having to many credits in the past? Just a wild guess...

I recall another member here (lern4483 I believe) that had a similar issue and could never get the flag removed.

It looks to me that I'm starting to get buyers remorse on half off ST Max this year, I'll probably start to watch more college than pros, If that's the case I'll probably cancel before next Sunday, and try to get Redzone instead.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts