NFL Sunday Ticket HD question...newbie

Status
Please reply by conversation.

steaker

Original poster
Jul 6, 2004
Soon to be D* subscriber (newbie)......so sorry for the (maybe) obvious questions.

If I subscribe to the NFL sunday ticket and had a Samsung 360 HD receiver, will I receive those FOX games in HD (that are broadcast in HD that is) or do I need some other equipment (an off-air antenna) ?

I am assuming that I do not need an off-air antenna except to get my local network channels in HD.

Does anyone know if CBS, NBC, FOX or ABC have DirectTv HD service in Central Florida ? or will I need an OTA for those HD channels.

Thanks in advance for your time.

First off if your a first time subscriber and you order HD hardware you will get the right dish and HD box from them. You will also need an OTA antenna and I think that DirecTV can sell this online during your order for 50 bucks including installation of it as well.

Also any HD games that are shown on your local CBS and Fox station will be blacked out on channels 90-99 but you can still see them via your OTA antenna in all the HD glory as well. This also goes for all SD games shown on your local Fox and CBS station but you can watch them in SD on your local stations provided by DirecTV.

But please understand that this blackout rule is not just for your local team but all games broadcast on your local CBS and Fox station but you will get every NFL game either way just on another channel.

Also if you want Sunshine HD you won't get this on DirecTV. But you will get the main Sunshine Network and Fox Sports Net Florida. Also you won't get Fox Sports Net Florida in HDTV. Also even if DirecTV says you need their Sports Pak to get Sunshine and FSNF you don't need it because you live in Florida of course.

Also if your a Devil Rays fan you don't get PAX 66 from DirecTV but you can get their digital version via OTA antenna.

These are the things that got me but they don't bother me that much but just thought you should know. Also I'm in Pinellas County Florida or the Tampa Bay Area if that helps ya.

steaker said:
Soon to be D* subscriber (newbie)......so sorry for the (maybe) obvious questions.

If I subscribe to the NFL sunday ticket and had a Samsung 360 HD receiver, will I receive those FOX games in HD (that are broadcast in HD that is) or do I need some other equipment (an off-air antenna) ?

I am assuming that I do not need an off-air antenna except to get my local network channels in HD.

Does anyone know if CBS, NBC, FOX or ABC have DirectTv HD service in Central Florida ? or will I need an OTA for those HD channels.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Try http://www.antennaweb.org to see what digital signals are available to you via OTA.

The only DirecTV HD network service currently is CBS (NBC coming soon) and that's only if you are in an Owned&Operated city (http://www.directv.com/see/landing/cbs_hd.html).

I too felt the pain of missing a game in HD because my local Fox affiliate was showing the game (in SD). Basically the blackout rules are simple:

1. if you are within 75 miles and the game isn't sold out, you will be blacked out from everything.
  2. if the game is on your local FOX/CBS affiliate you will be blacked out from the Sunday Ticket feed (of course you will get your local affiliate feed).

Even with these limitations, NFL Sunday Ticket still makes me the most popular guy in my neighborhood (at least on Sunday afternoons :))

LonghornXP,

I see that you are in the Tampa Bay area like me. I am in Dunedin. Are you having any troubles getting Satellite C to register a signal? I get Sat A and B to work fine but can't get anything on Sat C. I just got the system and I get NFL Sunday ticket, which looked great on channel 90 something with the FOX feeds but I couldn't get the CBS HD feeds. I just kept getting digital artifacts or "searching for satellite signal". I have a Hughes HTL-HD. Any idea why I get no reading from SAT C? Thanks.

I was thinking about getting the Sunday Ticket when I upgrade to HD untill now. My attenna reception has always been poor here I was counting on picking up the local game on the Sunday ticket which doest seem to be the case now.

I got the ST this year (new D* subscriber). Luckily, I'm not local to any team, so I don't get blacked out for any "local" teams. I live in Northwestern PA and am an Eagles fan, but with family that likes the Steelers, so we watch both games.

I haven't watched one game on the ST yet because all the Steelers and Eagles games have been on my locals. I think this week is the first week the Steelers will be on the ST, but that's because they play at 1:00pm with the Eagles and the Eagles game is my local. I'm wondering if I'm just wasting money because I'm not watching any games on the ST.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)