NFL Sunday Ticket Poll

Do you subsribe to NFL Sunday Ticket?

• Yes I subscribe to NFLST

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Yes I subscribe to NFLST with Super Fan

Votes: 96 56.1%
  • I did but I don't plan to renew my subscription. (feel free to post your reasons)

Votes: 41 24.0%
  • I have never been interested in the NFL Sunday Ticket

Votes: 30 17.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I had ST for the first couple years, but since I get every Steelers game anyway, I don't see the need for ST.

If I lived in a area that didn't show every Steelers game, then yes I would have ST. The times I wish I had ST is the weeks that the Steelers have a bye or play Sunday/Monday night, they show crappy games(Bengals, Browns and Ravens) when the Steelers aren't playing.

I subt to NFL ST + SF, NFL is my life after my personal life.
I would do anything for my Pats.
LETS GO SEYMORE, SACK EM'.

BTW, For the last 2 years I've been getting Superfan for free...
Its sad the NFL regular season has come to and end...oh well.
I love ST+SF, reason why I am with DirecTV!

I subbed to ST because of the promo when I signed up. I am somewhat of a fan but there are enough games on during the week on other channels that I really can't justify the $$ next season.

Displanted titans fan,origionally oiler fan living in sioux falls in 1995, when I moved back to tx,team in Tennessee,I would not care if price doubled,would still get it, short cuts one of best options,no more having to put 3tvs in front of you, only long wish soul be to buy only your team for the year

I subt to NFL ST + SF, NFL is my life after my personal life.
I would do anything for my Pats.
LETS GO SEYMORE, SACK EM'.

BTW, For the last 2 years I've been getting Superfan for free...
Its sad the NFL regular season has come to and end...oh well.
I love ST+SF, reason why I am with DirecTV!

My sentiments exactly except for the Pats part, with me it's The Steelers.

Don't mean to hijack this poll summary, but if you toss out the "don't care" responses, you are looking at about a 25% renewal attrition rate next season for NFLST. Reading the posts, you could cut that down to about 10% if you didn't charge extra for HD feeds for those folks with HD subs.

Most industries (especially these days) would kill to cut their attrition rate like this.

Recommendations:

1. Include the HD feeds for those that are HD pkg subs.
2) Charge extra for the SF stats & stuff for those that do the fantasy thing.

This is a cash cow for you guys that is on the edge of no longer giving milk.

JMHO (and again, did not mean to hijack the poll)

No one ever listens but D* could make a lot more money by increasing subs to this package and lowering the price. Offer a season ticket to one team at a reduced price and the phones would ring off the hook. Why do they not do it? Because they do not carry ST to make a huge profit. They carry it as bait to bring in new subs and cover the turnover rate. And as long as a few sports freaks are willing to pay through the nose for the whole package after their freebie season is over then this price raping will continue.

I will drop other channels before dropping ST/SF. It is almost the only thing on TV that my wife and I both enjoy.

I would probably take the "One Team" version if it were offered at a big discount, but it really would be a letdown compared to knowing you can watch any and all.

I have had ST and SF for at least 5 years. I am not planning on renewing next year. I have just found that with family obligations I was not able to watch as many games this year as I used to.

No ST/SF

I WAS a ST/SF sub for my first 5 years straight then this last season I canceled because my weekends were way too busy in Sept-November. I called to see if there was any deals to resub in December and it was still full price. What??

All in all after the withdrawal symptoms went away it wasn't too bad. Glad there was NFL channel games to keep me going through the week. I don't think I will sign up next season unless there is a discount.

No one ever listens but D* could make a lot more money by increasing subs to this package and lowering the price. Offer a season ticket to one team at a reduced price and the phones would ring off the hook. Why do they not do it? Because they do not carry ST to make a huge profit. They carry it as bait to bring in new subs and cover the turnover rate. And as long as a few sports freaks are willing to pay through the nose for the whole package after their freebie season is over then this price raping will continue.

But isnt it league that handles the actual game packaging and simply distributes through DirecTV ?

Both of my favorite NFL teams are out-of-market, so Sunday Ticket it is.

I get my team locally but when the fins are on I usually can't get another game on fox. so SNFLT gives me that extra option.plus there are many times that the double header games that are broadcast here is of no interest to me so with SNFLT i can choose to watch any other game i want. sometimes I'll find myself watching 3 or 4 games at once. this package really satisfies your NFL appetite. :up

Last edited:
Don't mean to hijack this poll summary, but if you toss out the "don't care" responses, you are looking at about a 25% renewal attrition rate next season for NFLST. Reading the posts, you could cut that down to about 10% if you didn't charge extra for HD feeds for those folks with HD subs.] End Quote

The flaw in the poll is that I think that the option of I had it but won't renew it will be checked by those that have had it in the past, maybe not last year or even the year before, and have not re-upped. I don't know if that 25% rate is really the case, I would doubt it. That said, nice info and I don't think anyone here saw this as any kind of hijacking, keep up the good posts!

As the economics go, myself, my three boys and of course Gramps watching, maybe at least 10 Eagles games that we wouldn't get locally here in Ohio for what, $300 with SF, (can't remember exactly, never had to pay for SF yet)$30 a game, can't see that as anything but very worthwhile for us! Love it!!!

But isnt it league that handles the actual game packaging and simply distributes through DirecTV ?
I don't know. Im sure as long as the NFL got their bid price they wouldnt give a rats a@@. Besides you are able to buy One game as it is. I have called before and asked so I guess the NFL doesnt object to that?

Interesting; i like follow the league as a whole and have multiple displays up at once for Sunday's gathering, but have a few friends that might like a one team approach.

Interesting; i like follow the league as a whole and have multiple displays up at once for Sunday's gathering, but have a few friends that might like a one team approach.

same here.

I do the exact same thing with one TV tuned into the Redzone at all times. I added an SWM switch this year & didn't run any Legacy cable to my cave so I have to cannibalize all the new receivers every Sunday morning.

I can't believe 71% of you pay the ridiculously high fee for the Super Ticket. I'm as big an NFL fan as anyone, but I'm not paying $400 a year for a service we should be able to get for around $150-$200. As a Ticket (but not of Super Fan) subscriber up 'til now, I refuse to subscribe again until they bring the price down to a reasonable level. I refuse to fuel the greed.

I can't believe 71% of you pay the ridiculously high fee for the Super Ticket..
I doubt all of us paid the full price for it. I know I didnt, and thats the only reason I tried it out this season.

Since my team is out of market, ST since 1995 and SF once I got HD. Still don't see why we have to get a special package just for HD as I could do without the other SF extras.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts