NFL Sunday Ticket Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Correct, that is the best anyone can do until this current pricing fails or is proved successful. Good luck and let us know what happens so others can try it too.

kentuck1163 said:
What I'll probably do is call them to order it, and if they won't throw in the Superfan thing for free, then I'll tell them to forget it. That will be my little way of registering a protest.

A 2-mile trip to a bar to watch it there is way less expensive.

I always get stuff free from D*. My brother and I both got it free last year by doing the same thing. If the regular CSR's dont work, ask for a retention rep and ask for the SF for free. 99% chance you will get it.

I like the NFL.

D* has the Sunday Ticket.

I have D*

I pay for the Ticket. I face facts. The NFLST is THE reason I am with D*. Plain and simple.

And yes, its a bargain IMO and I split season tix to the Lions (I need therapy). The ability to chill in my own home with games and brews and snacks and a pot roast in the oven on a fall Sunday.

Pure bliss.

I believe I have a letter sent during last season good for $49 off this year's SuperFan.

Last edited:
Proc said:
I like the NFL.

I have D*

I pay for the Ticket. I face facts. The NFLST is THE reason I am with D*. Plain and simple.

And yes, its a bargain IMO and I split season tix to the Lions (I need therapy). The ability to chill in my own home with games and brews and snacks and a pot roast in the oven on a fall Sunday.

Pure bliss.

I believe I have a letter sent during last season good for $49 off this year's SuperFan.

Nice summary Proc, I could not agree with you more...l

Proc said:
I like the NFL.

I have D*

What you said, plus TiVo.:D

My 2 cents< I Feel just like Kentuck1163. I've been with NFLST for at least 7-8 years now. Its the only reason I stay with D*. They know this. I got my big screen 2 years ago and loved NFLST. This year I didn't read into this "Superfan" as much. I didn't even realize I needed to purchase it to see HD. By the 2nd week to my horror was "LO DEF" Football. I immediately called and upgraded to the "Superfan"( paid a $100!!! )(The week B4 woulda been $50(bastards). I had no choice. ...With D* if its not HI-DEF its, LO-DEF. ...LO-DEF sucks. I think they even make it look worse to the point where its basically unwatchable on a HD SET.I think they rip us , but I love HD football. How bout JAGS football games. Seems every week they're in LO UNWATCHABLE DEF! (My new term LUD)I feel sorry for they're fans.

As far as the SuperFan.. It sucks. IMO..Just call it forcing us to pay more $$ for HD .... call us sheep, but don't call us super fans!

NFLST is only reason I have D* also, If E* had it I would have that service, This will be my first year of having an HD receiver, it would be nice to have HD games for no extra charge, but I wouldn't buy the Superfan Package anyway.

I dont get it Charper...my HD Footbal games for the most part looked great did yours? Oh and you cheap seat scenario...must have been a few years because that is way more than cheap. My business was that I have use to have stores inside a couple of stadiums, Veterans in Philly, The Jake in Cleveland, America West Arena. In CBUS now so no pro teams to get tix for except the BlueJackets, but ummm err that is hockey. So my point is, to watch my beloved Eagels with a family of 5 and Grampa which makes 6 on my 106 inch HD projector, frankly I would pay more if they asked, but I hope they dont.

What a D* brown noser "I would pay MORE if they ask me to"...No, that shouldn't even be mentioned, kinda makes me sick that someone would even mention giving D* more money if asked, why do you even think of such things?

Numnuts....What I am saying is the value for me is worth every cent of it. I didn't like it when they charged more but the fact is for a Philly fan in Ohio the MLB, NBA and NFL Tickets are fantastic. I am 46, went many years without being able to see my favorite teams often and we always would say "what I would give to be able to....." Don't think D* is listening to my post ready to jack up the price.

Football is king and the Sunday Ticket is king, what other sport gets so much off- season talk. I was excited seeing the release of some of the opening games and the Thanksgiving TRIPLE HEADER!!!...Love it, I so look to fall for football!!

satjay said:
Football is king and the Sunday Ticket is king, what other sport gets so much off- season talk. I was excited seeing the release of some of the opening games and the Thanksgiving TRIPLE HEADER!!!...Love it, I so look to fall for football!!

I agree, the Thanksgiving Triple-Header is awesome, especially since my KC Chiefs will be hosting the Denver Donkeys that evening on NFL Network...I wonder if NFL Network will carry their games in HD? I kinda doubt it.

Oh and by the way how did you know i have numb nuts? it's a medical condition.:p

Last edited:
FlyingJ said:
I dont get it Charper...my HD Footbal games for the most part looked great did yours? Oh and you cheap seat scenario...must have been a few years because that is way more than cheap. My business was that I have use to have stores inside a couple of stadiums, Veterans in Philly, The Jake in Cleveland, America West Arena. In CBUS now so no pro teams to get tix for except the BlueJackets, but ummm err that is hockey. So my point is, to watch my beloved Eagels with a family of 5 and Grampa which makes 6 on my 106 inch HD projector, frankly I would pay more if they asked, but I hope they dont.

Yes, and that was exactly my point, even on the VERY CHEAP, those special end zone crap seats and expensive so you are still getting a great deal via the NFL ST / SF.

satjay said:

Amen, brother, Amen.

Bring on the draft next!

My problem with ST is that it will either remain at the same price or go up but the quality of product has suffered. Two points:

1. More games are moving to national telecasts. There is now a 3rd game on Thanksgiving (1 less on ST that Sunday) and an extra game on Monday night in the first week (1 less on ST). The rest of the schedule hasn't been released but you can count on an expanded list of Thursday games on NFL Network and late Saturdays with 3 games instead of 2.

2. The quality of the games on ST will decline. NBC and the NFL are implementing a flexible schedule to move games around to get the best match up on the national Sunday night game. This all but guarantees that in the last 7 weeks of the season, ST will almost never air the big game that week.
Story: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7548671/

I'm all for the NFL putting it's best product on the biggest stage but cut the cost of ST by $10-20.

Daz said:
My problem with ST is that it will either remain at the same price or go up but the quality of product has suffered. Two points:

1. More games are moving to national telecasts. There is now a 3rd game on Thanksgiving (1 less on ST that Sunday) and an extra game on Monday night in the first week (1 less on ST). The rest of the schedule hasn't been released but you can count on an expanded list of Thursday games on NFL Network and late Saturdays with 3 games instead of 2.

2. The quality of the games on ST will decline. NBC and the NFL are implementing a flexible schedule to move games around to get the best match up on the national Sunday night game. This all but guarantees that in the last 7 weeks of the season, ST will almost never air the big game that week.
Story: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7548671/

I'm all for the NFL putting it's best product on the biggest stage but cut the cost of ST by $10-20.

True about games moving to the NFL Network, NBC, etc. However, having the option of more than 1 or 2 games shown locally is why I like the Ticket.

HBKbiggestfan said:
I agree, the Thanksgiving Triple-Header is awesome, especially since my KC Chiefs will be hosting the Denver Donkeys that evening on NFL Network...I wonder if NFL Network will carry their games in HD? I kinda doubt it.

Oh and by the way how did you know i have numb nuts? it's a medical condition.:p

Im a Chiefs fan too but if CP doesnt get someone to help Allen pressure the QB and a replacement for Warfield, Thanksgiving may be ruined. :(

No offense to Chiefs fans, but isn't the season ruined by Thanksgiving anyway?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)