NFL Sunday Ticket Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.
chaotic646 said:
Im a Chiefs fan too but if CP doesnt get someone to help Allen pressure the QB and a replacement for Warfield, Thanksgiving may be ruined. :(

I have a feeling you Chiefs fans will be watching our castoff Joey "Ballgame" Harrington take over for Trent Green. Word is your GM wants him pretty bad.

Kudos to the Chiefs for getting in on the Turkey Day lineup. As a Lions fan, its a way of life to check out the downtown parade, the Lions and a mess of turkey. Even though the Lions blow, we Motown sheep still love 'em.

Proc said:
I have a feeling you Chiefs fans will be watching our castoff Joey "Ballgame" Harrington take over for Trent Green. Word is your GM wants him pretty bad.

Kudos to the Chiefs for getting in on the Turkey Day lineup. As a Lions fan, its a way of life to check out the downtown parade, the Lions and a mess of turkey. Even though the Lions blow, we Motown sheep still love 'em.

Like you are using our (Bengals) castoff in Detroit. Actually, we really liked Kitna and I'm sure you will be pleased. We just can't afford two QBs at that price and our future is definitely tied to Palmer.

The NFL ST wasn't built on watching Football Games. It was built on watching your team when you live out of market. I am not concerned about the quality of the game, just my Eagles. THe other thing that built ST , well two things. Gambling, doesn't matter what games they are just that we can see them all and 2, Fantasy Football which also has no condition on which teams are playing.

kentuck1163 said:
Like you are using our (Bengals) castoff in Detroit. Actually, we really liked Kitna and I'm sure you will be pleased. We just can't afford two QBs at that price and our future is definitely tied to Palmer.

I think Kitna will be a solid starting QB for the Lions and I like the addition of 26-year old Josh McCown too. Harrington will be a decent QB in the NFL, but he was like a square peg in a round hole in the West Coast Offense. If he goes somewhere with a running game and a downfield passing offense, he'll shine.

I rooted hard for the Bengals last year. It was cool to see them doing good. Maybe one day the Lions will...until then, I dream...LOL :rolleyes:

FlyingJ said:
The NFL ST wasn't built on watching Football Games. It was built on watching your team when you live out of market. I am not concerned about the quality of the game, just my Eagles. THe other thing that built ST , well two things. Gambling, doesn't matter what games they are just that we can see them all and 2, Fantasy Football which also has no condition on which teams are playing.

I'm a Fantasy Football geek...so NFLST fills the need to see the players on my team. I also like the Steelers so the Ticket fills that need too.

Proc said:
I'm a Fantasy Football geek...so NFLST fills the need to see the players on my team. I also like the Steelers so the Ticket fills that need too.

Yes it is almost a must if you are in fanatsy....Where else do you spend sundays watching Arizona Cardnal football ( I had their WR) I know, its sick, but it was a lovely thing when I had priest homes and watched him rumble every week....If anyone wants to start a sateliteguys Fantasy football league) let me know, see if we can make it happen!!!

Blackouts

No one has mentioned when your favorite team is blacked out on ST, so now I can't watch it on ST in HD, have to go to my locals provided by DTV and watch it in an absolutely horrible PQ, as a matter of fact it's practiclly unwatchable. This has happened quite a bit expecially last year. I am finding it very difficult to pay these prices for ST and SF and have the game blacked out.

i thought i read a post here that said (local) blackouts will not apply to the 2006 NFL:ST package.

Just an FYI...for anyone who does not have sunday Ticket, got an email from DTV today, order by 4/30 and get superfan for free.

Darn, if many people get this where will all our "I hate to pay for superfan" posts go....I am sure we will find something else!

satjay said:
Just an FYI...for anyone who does not have sunday Ticket, got an email from DTV today, order by 4/30 and get superfan for free.

Darn, if many people get this where will all our "I hate to pay for superfan" posts go....I am sure we will find something else!

IMHO I think the reason they are offering the superfan for free is because of the ""I hate to pay for superfan posts ".

I got an H20 receiver back in January. When I did that, the CSR reset all my program settings. As a result, I had to call back last week to have the NFLST re-added to my account, which messed up my auto-renewal. I didn't get the free SuperFan e-mail, but my buddy did, who has been a many-year susbcriber to the ticket, so its a bit iffy as to who is getting this e-mail.

I just got off the phone with D*. They didn't have the ability to add the SuperFan via a phone call. They said you have to re-up the NFLST (which they can do via phone call) before 4/30 and that the SuperFan would be added to anyone taking the Early Bird by this date. CSR said the SuperFan would automatically be added to accounts after 5/1.

I cannot even watch football in SD anymore. It looks like we're still going to get those 2-3 games every week in SD only.
It will be nice if the no blackout rumor comes true.

Proc said:
its a bit iffy as to who is getting this e-mail.
You have to be "special" to get this e-mail from D*...following is a quote from a post over a AVS forums.....get ready to get "bent over" again...........
----------------------
Quote:After verifying that the headline on my offer e-mail contained a specific phrase, my CSR read me his instructions regarding this offer. Apparently, they are explicitly instructed not to add the SF package at the time you order the NFL-ST. The instructions state that "DirecTV will add the SF package at the end of the offer period for those customers who received the email."
----------------------------------------

So, apparently it's not available to everyone who signs up early (even auto renew)..it appears to be aimed at people who cancelled S/T last year?
:mad:

Then why did I receive the email, when we have had NFL ST since day 1, way back in the USSB days? No cancellation of NFL ST here. Now if I call and sign up now, even though we are on auto-renew, is it the same price? Or is auto-renew cheaper, not factoring SuperFan (which we are suppose to get a $49 credit on per letter last year)? Will have to call rentention and see if they can clear some of this stuff up for me.

cforrest said:
Then why did I receive the email, when we have had NFL ST since day 1, way back in the USSB days? No cancellation of NFL ST here. Now if I call and sign up now, even though we are on auto-renew, is it the same price? Or is auto-renew cheaper, not factoring SuperFan (which we are suppose to get a $49 credit on per letter last year)? Will have to call rentention and see if they can clear some of this stuff up for me.
--------------
This is why I ended my question as to cancellation last year with a ? question mark. There does not appear to be a logical answer as to who got the "special"
e-mail and those who did not. I have also been a S/T autorenew since day 1 also.
Had S/F last season also...no invite...I do believe the autorenew price is going to be a few bucks cheaper than early renew, but don't know what the S/F offer is
going to be....Let us know how you do with retention please??

CSR told me that the SF would be added "automatically" after May 1st to those who sign up for this offer and mention the e-mail offer. I am skeptical, but will check back next week. I know people who have had the Ticket for years who got the e-mail and others who have had it for years who didn't. They can't make this offer to some and not others.

I signed up for Sunday Ticket yesterday, and specifically asked about the offer. The rep told me "Yes, Superfan is added for free when you sign up for ST by April 30." After he was completed adding it to my account, I asked again about Superfan and he said yes, that was included.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)