NFL Sunday Ticket

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Here's what I didn't realize - haven't subscribed to Sunday Ticket since 1996 - directly from D* website ST-SF FAQ's.

Which games will I see with NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ from DIRECTV?
Because of NFL and network requirements outside of DIRECTV's control, games broadcast by your local Fox or CBS station will not be available on channels in the 700s. You must tune to your local Fox or CBS station to watch those games. DIRECTV is required to enforce this rule across the country, including in areas where we do not offer local channels.

I was actually ready to sign up this morning when I saw it. I don't get my local CBS in HD and thus can't watch the new Steelers in HD :(

Last year they didnt' blackout any HD games, only the SD feeds of games that would be on your local stations. THe HD ones were open.

Not sure if it will be like that again this year, but it was for the entire season last year.

Last year they didnt' blackout any HD games, only the SD feeds of games that would be on your local stations. THe HD ones were open.

Not sure if it will be like that again this year, but it was for the entire season last year.

Thanks for the glimmer of hope! Maybe we'll know more (enough to make a decision) by the end of the month:confused:

It states on the website that you must have the Superfan to receive HD games??? Of course it depends who you talk to at Directv CS I guess.:confused:

I noticed that myself last year....nothing like seeing the Detroit lions inhd within the sunday ticket HD channels, :(

It states on the website that you must have the Superfan to receive HD games??? Of course it depends who you talk to at Directv CS I guess.:confused:
Yes, but even with SF I can't watch my home team - The Stillers! - according to the FAQ.

Ok now I am thoroughly confused although NOW I do know the prices.

But with ST isn't every game available in either SD or HD. For example I would get my local games (Seattle) because I am located in that area. And then ST would get me the rest of the games in HD or SD?

But with ST isn't every game available in either SD or HD. For example I would get my local games (Seattle) because I am located in that area. And then ST would get me the rest of the games in HD or SD?

You have that correct, you would get your local game on your local and the rest would be on the ST (Sunday afternoon games only).

Jimbo

Last edited:

You have to have the SF in order to see Sunday Ticket games in HD.
Other network games would possibly be in HD as well.

Jimbo

Yes, but your Seattle games will have to come from your local station (probably via D* LIL)-not from ST/SF.

LOL apparently I have heard the Lions are looking for 10 wins this year. ;) Think I heard this on the NFL network. Good luck to that.

My Steelers better improve!!! :eek:

LOL apparently I have heard the Lions are looking for 10 wins this year. ;) Think I heard this on the NFL network. Good luck to that.

My Steelers better improve!!! :eek:

OUR Steelers will Definatly improve, a healthy QB for the first time since the SB should help !

The Lions are looking for 10 wins, I wonder where they are looking for them at ???

They will be lucky to win 7-8, that would be a huge improvement for them.

Jimbo

so, i ordered my nfl sunday ticket with premier package on thursday as a new customer. i called in yesterday just to ask a question about installation, and after some talking, i was offered a better deal on the hd-dvr (because they realized an error in my package). i re-did the order and confirmed my installation date as the 17th (same date i originally had). today i created my account online and checked my order and of course my installation date is the 23rd, a week later than what i was told. this is a pretty big inconvenience for me, work wise. when i called in, they said theres nothing they can do since no appointments are available, so im waiting for a supervisor to call me back. you guys think ill have to wait till the 23rd now, or is there anything that they could/should do, since i did confirm the 17th from 1-5pm with them last night.

Last edited:
so, i ordered my nfl sunday ticket with premier package on thursday as a new customer. i called in yesterday just to ask a question about installation, and after some talking, i was offered a better deal on the hd-dvr (because they realized an error in my package). i re-did the order and confirmed my installation date as the 17th (same date i originally had). today i created my account online and checked my order and of course my installation date is the 23rd, a week later than what i was told. this is a pretty big inconvenience for me, work wise. when i called in, they said theres nothing they can do since no appointments are available, so im waiting for a supervisor to call me back. you guys think ill have to wait till the 23rd now, or is there anything that they could/should do, since i did confirm the 17th from 1-5pm with them last night.

The likelihood is you wont get the 17th unless there is a cancel. So keep trying but you may have to wait for another day. Still put pressure on them as they have to throw in more credits for your "inconvenience".

yea, thats what i figured..ill keep trying, still waiting on them to call me back. might have to just call them again in a while.

yea, thats what i figured..ill keep trying, still waiting on them to call me back. might have to just call them again in a while.

This stuff happens all the time. Thats why I prefer to do my own installs. I think the screw ups happen mostly at the installers since they vary by state to state. I've had mix ups happen so many times. Not as big now that I work from home but when I didnt, it was unacceptable and very aggravating. I feel your pain.

i just called them back and got a very nice supervisor on the phone. apparently someone canceled and they were able to get my install on the 16th, even earlier than my original, which works for me. i was also told by the supervisor that she added a VIP installation (which she says gets me a free tripod and whatever i need for the balcony) for my troubles. i thought that stuff was free anyway, but she said that the installer would have charged me for it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)