NFL Sunday Ticket

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Its showing up on my account too. I also noticed on D*'s website they have the early bird offer for ST for four payments of $53, saving $20 off the regular price. The Superfan info says its unavailable, so perhaps D* is in the midst of discussing what to do with it... like hopefully offer it for no extra charge to HD subscribers.

I will probably cancel my ST subscription. $250 is a lot of money now a days. I'm Steelers fan living outside the Pittsburgh DMA, but with the Steelers schedule this year, they should be playing 7-9 games on National TV.

I spoke to CSR today aboout it being on my account at 0.00. Superfan will be back at the price on 99.00. As much as I hate to, I may have to pass this year. I tried discussing superfan, it was a no go as far as a discount. I have been reading that programming credits were not be given out as much. I will try one more time and then think real hard on if I re-up

For those of us who have had superfan free since it was started, is this ride over???

On a side note its our real first hot day of the year...I dont want to rush the summer by no means...But all this sunday ticket talk has me getting ready for football

I spoke to CSR today aboout it being on my account at 0.00. Superfan will be back at the price on 99.00. As much as I hate to, I may have to pass this year. I tried discussing superfan, it was a no go as far as a discount. I have been reading that programming credits were not be given out as much. I will try one more time and then think real hard on if I re-up

For those of us who have had superfan free since it was started, is this ride over???

On a side note its our real first hot day of the year...I dont want to rush the summer by no means...But all this sunday ticket talk has me getting ready for football

I had SF free for a few years, but have paid for it the last few.
I manage to discuss with them that I would pay for the SF , if they pay for my movie channels that I have, only one at this time, but if they credit me for the movie channels, it all works out in the wash.
Technically they are not giving me SF for free, this way they can put it on thier books as such.

Jimbo

I most likely won't go for it this upcoming year.
Too expensive, plus gas prices are over the roof, I am in the process of saving up money, I have to get somewhere in life....:D
Anyways I will give DirecTV a call before I call and cancel my subscription, I will ask them if they are willing to give me SuperFan free like last year ( I won't mention to them I had it for free last year, it was part of the deal for me to sign up for DirecTV that I would receive the premier package for free for 4 months (400$ in savings) and SF for free by only making 4 payments of 69.99$ for my first 4 months.
I will ask them if they are willing to give me other deals (maybe a credit on my billing statement or possibly something else for free/discounted)
I will miss my Pats, but I will see at least 7 games on national TV, and all playoff games.

We will see how it works out, but DirecTV either way will see a huge difference between last year and this year in subscribers, I am quite sure there will be a drop, and the management in DirecTV won't be happy with the results until they lower the prices.

Ha! I was thinking the same thing! Gosh, I love football! But it will be fun to do the camping, swimming, bike riding and other summer activities too!

We will see how it works out, but DirecTV either way will see a huge difference between last year and this year in subscribers, I am quite sure there will be a drop, and the management in DirecTV won't be happy with the results until they lower the prices.

Actually, it's no different than any other year ....
Price goes up every year and people drop off, and some add on.

I keep paying so I can see my Steelers every week.
Where I live I get the Lions and Browns crammed down our throats.

Jimbo

I will probably order this year and will then decide what to do in the future. Last year seemed pretty odd, I barely watched any game from ST as nearly everything I cared about was on either my local channels or one of the basic pay channels. There were some weeks I would watch a ST game when the Jaguars weren't playing, but in all honesty that was more to justify the subscription to it rather than me caring about that game over the one on regular TV. I wasn't going to blow a gasket or anything had I missed something on ST last year. So, I will see if last year was a freak thing, or if that continues this season.

College Football went through this a couple of years ago when ABC added the night game. I didn't order GP last year and probably wont this year either. Everything I want to see, which is far, far less than NFL games, comes on the regular sub channels.

Actually, it's no different than any other year ....
Price goes up every year and people drop off, and some add on.

I keep paying so I can see my Steelers every week.
Where I live I get the Lions and Browns crammed down our throats.

Jimbo
Lions...I can see that, but hey the browns should be good year for them??

What bothers me the most is that in order to watch the games in HD, you have to pay for the SuperFan. I'm already paying $10 a month for HD. Why are they charging me again for something I'm already paying for? It wouldn't surprise me if someone files a class action lawsuit against D* for double charging. I don't use any of the SuperFan stuff. I paid for it last year so I could watch my Bears in HD, but the ST package is already expensive enough. Tacking on an additional $99 makes it very expensive. Divided by the number of non-nationally televised games I get, it's like paying PPV event prices for each game. I'd don't mind paying for the ST. I just don't think they should be able to charge you twice for HD.

What bothers me the most is that in order to watch the games in HD, you have to pay for the SuperFan. I'm already paying $10 a month for HD. Why are they charging me again for something I'm already paying for? It wouldn't surprise me if someone files a class action lawsuit against D* for double charging. I don't use any of the SuperFan stuff. I paid for it last year so I could watch my Bears in HD, but the ST package is already expensive enough. Tacking on an additional $99 makes it very expensive. Divided by the number of non-nationally televised games I get, it's like paying PPV event prices for each game. I'd don't mind paying for the ST. I just don't think they should be able to charge you twice for HD.

Hmmm; where have we heard that before?

emrobin,
The NFL ST is an entirely different situation from the HD package you pay for with normal channels, this is basically a PPV HD channel.
and YES, this has been discussed for about 3-4 years now ...

Jimbo

We'll keep it this year and see how things go next year. Its still alot of games for the money that I wouldn't normally be able to see.

I will also not be renewing this year as $350 bucks is way too much. I will be able to see about half of the Cowboys games on national tv. $350 for the rest is just plain crazy!!

With all of the satellites being launched and the NFL costs involved I think we'd be lucky not to see a big hike in ST/SF prices. That said I could live with or without the package(wow, I can't believe I said that). Does anyone know if the NFL channel will still be hosting Thursday night games?

D* paid for exclusive rights,now we will pay as well-simple math.funny how this doesnt violate anti-trust laws,but sirus-xm merger is languishing.unfortunately ill be paying the $350 to not be force-fed Giants games!!but this IS an HD tax.

D* paid for exclusive rights,now we will pay as well-simple math.funny how this doesnt violate anti-trust laws,but sirus-xm merger is languishing.unfortunately ill be paying the $350 to not be force-fed Giants games!!but this IS an HD tax.

Xm paid for exclusive MLB and Sirius for Football. Whats your point? Stern? Part of the reason these companies are teetering on the edge of bankruptcy is because of high priced content. Stern alone was half a billion. Can't wait to see when he leaves relatively soon at the end of his contract and the subs that came for him end up leaving.

Sirius XM agreed the spectrums would never merge when they purchased them. Thats the crutch of the problem with their merger, well that and that they esentially need the merger to survive.

Because you can see YOUR MARKETS games via free affiliate TV; thats why it still gets by. Not to mention its a private company AND all other outlets had ample opportunity to bid on the package.

Well how about the Sports package we pay to watch? Then we have to pay for another Sports package to watch what we all ready pay for. Like NESN you have to pay for MLB or the NHL package. Talk about double dipping. But I don't see any class action happening there.
It's supply and demand, and it's there game.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)