NFL Sunday Ticket

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well how about the Sports package we pay to watch? Then we have to pay for another Sports package to watch what we all ready pay for. Like NESN you have to pay for MLB or the NHL package. Talk about double dipping. But I don't see any class action happening there.
It's supply and demand, and it's there game.

Actually, they should state the Sports Package differently, it should state, "Watch your local teams here"
Seeing you don't get any other games (Pro) ...

Jimbo

I am going to call them tonight to cancel the service if they can't give me a better deal with Super Fan.

I'm thinking it's still too early to get the SF discounted.

Well wouldn't it auto-return after this statement cycle?
I see NFL ST on my billing and I believe its almost set to auto-renew this upcoming billing period.

From what I am reading on a couple of forums for sunday ticket. No one has mentioned that they have got Directv to offer any deals yet for superfan or such. Looks like they are sticking to charging this year.

Unless people have got deals and not sharing......But we all know thats not the Satelliteguys ways of things!!

From what I am reading on a couple of forums for sunday ticket. No one has mentioned that they have got Directv to offer any deals yet for superfan or such. Looks like they are sticking to charging this year.

Unless people have got deals and not sharing......But we all know thats not the Satelliteguys ways of things!!

My account now shows NFLST, with no $$ amount. SF is shown twice.
Once with "special free offer" $0.00,
and then again with $0.00

With the NFLST listing and the SF "special free offer" they have the trademark "TM" after, while the SF listing with just the $0.00 does not have the trademark "TM".

Any thoughts?

My account now shows NFLST, with no $$ amount. SF is shown twice.
Once with "special free offer" $0.00,
and then again with $0.00

With the NFLST listing and the SF "special free offer" they have the trademark "TM" after, while the SF listing with just the $0.00 does not have the trademark "TM".

Any thoughts?

Humm, not really sure to say to that, many of us have had the 0.00 on our bill but that is in place for auto billing. Specail free offer??

Humm, not really sure to say to that, many of us have had the 0.00 on our bill but that is in place for auto billing. Specail free offer??

Yea, I've had the "special free offer" for SF since i've checked on my account when i upgraded to mpeg4 about a month or so ago. No way of telling if it was on there before or not.

I went ahead and called DirecTV regarding canceling Sunday Ticket, I got hold of a nice young lady who asked me why I wanted to cancel Sunday Ticket, I told her Superfan was very expensive and I couldn't keep up with the payments.
She said, well you been a great customer, and I am willing to waive the fee for the SuperFan this upcoming season.
I said, oh ok, thank you.
She went ahead and put a waiver on SuperFan.
At the end of the call she gave me her employee ID(must obtain that just in case).

Guide how to do it:

Call:1-800-347-3288
Follow all prompts at the beginning.
When the automated system asks you the reason of you call say " Cancel Service"
After that you will be directed to the retention department and just follow what I just told you.
Before the call ends make sure you obtain the employee ID number and make sure they put comments on the account to have SuperFan waived.
Make sure you thank the employee at the end of the call and tell them that this meant a lot to you...it just gives them that extra little happiness to do it again for another customer.
Keep in mind I did not have to sign up for any extra commitments or anything special to get the Superfan free.

Good luck everyone, hopefully this works.

I had called earlier to cancel automatic renewal because they could not even give me proce for SF. No effort made to retain me. They may have pushed the envelope a little too much when people like me, who can afford it, cancel because (with watching in SD unacceptable option) the package is just too costly. Most people suscribe, I am sure, to watch one favorite team not routinely available. Can get to see your team a few times on national games. These prices too much to watch a dozen or so games.

I cancelled today, it was hard to do, but this year I had to do, we will see what the old family budget is next year.

Just canceled ST. I'm sure DirecTV isn't crying over me leaving. The CSR didn't even ask me why or anything. That's okay though. I'm not expecting anything from them.

I'll have to get it every other year. :p

Yea, I've had the "special free offer" for SF since i've checked on my account when i upgraded to mpeg4 about a month or so ago. No way of telling if it was on there before or not.

Well so much for the "special free offer". I just checked my D* account online and it is no longer there. Now just the same as everyone else, NFLST and SF with $0.00 amounts :(

Well so much for the "special free offer". I just checked my D* account online and it is no longer there. Now just the same as everyone else, NFLST and SF with $0.00 amounts :(

No problem 20 fan, your cycle is just a little behind the rest of us.

I wonder how many of these guys that go the route of calling to cancel, that rally don't want to cancel, just hoping to get the SF for free, when they say cancel and the CSR says OK and turns them off, how do they go back and turn the NFL package back on, how embarrassing.

Jimbo

I dont know about it being embarrassing. If you canceled and tried another time just for the heck of it, why not? I tried and it worked for me, but to each there own.

I dont know about it being embarrassing. If you canceled and tried another time just for the heck of it, why not? I tried and it worked for me, but to each there own.

Good to hear. :):up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)