nfl ticket, why why why

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ipodbill

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 30, 2005
missouri
why are fox stations holding to the jets giants game, but dont release the cowboys eagles game, until the ny game ends

Probably NFL rules. Besides, the Giants are more important! :p

ipodbill said:
why are fox stations holding to the jets giants game, but dont release the cowboys eagles game, until the ny game ends

Eagles/Boys game was on here while Giants/Jets game was on ... guess its location and rules

I understand the OP's frustration. I hate it when you turn to a 4:15 Fox game on a ST channel and it's still the 1:00 game when you know the 4:15 game has started. It seems to happen every week. People don't have Sunday ticket to watch the end of a 1:00 game and miss the beginning of the 4:15 game. The 4:15 channels should be dedicated to the games they claim to be for and the game should start there as if there was no game before it. The ST channels are not re-mapped locals so i don't see why this would be a problem. The commercials do say every play....

the ST channels are not stand-alone / unique transmissions so they too get sucked into the whole myriad of network and NFL switches, snafus, delays and the like.

exactly ejb, i can watch the replay and get the plays. in the past, when my local had a game that ran long, then the cowboy eagle game would be shown on one of the sunday ticket channels, first half or first quarter. yeah it was the commercials that pissed me off.

btw charper, my local fox channel had the rams game with the late game being eagles cowboys. it may be a fox issue, but if the jets giants game would have gone to ot, then it is possible for the most of the first half of the cowboy eagle game would not have been viewable. all the fox affiliates supporting sunday ticket switched to the jets giants game. shame of directv for not adjusting. i got to believe that directv has rules to release locals for the sunday tickect feed and are set in.

where is deon effin sanders when we need him

ejb1980 said:
I understand the OP's frustration. I hate it when you turn to a 4:15 Fox game on a ST channel and it's still the 1:00 game when you know the 4:15 game has started. It seems to happen every week. People don't have Sunday ticket to watch the end of a 1:00 game and miss the beginning of the 4:15 game. The 4:15 channels should be dedicated to the games they claim to be for and the game should start there as if there was no game before it. The ST channels are not re-mapped locals so i don't see why this would be a problem. The commercials do say every play....

Understandably, but that was the argument which was answered in pushing games back to 4:15 years ago. I would say 90% of games are finished by 4, and the rest by 4:15. Unfortunately, there were more challenges, flags, and timeouts which made Giants/Jets run till 4:30.

btw charper, my local fox channel had the rams game with the late game being eagles cowboys. it may be a fox issue, but if the jets giants game would have gone to ot, then it is possible for the most of the first half of the cowboy eagle game would not have been viewable. all the fox affiliates supporting sunday ticket switched to the jets giants game. shame of directv for not adjusting. i got to believe that directv has rules to release locals for the sunday tickect feed and are set in.

where is deon effin sanders when we need him

That's just it DirecTV does not control the when, what or wheres regarding any of the league packages. They simply retransmit what they are sent; where and when. This has been an issue since the NFL adopted the pattern of switching to games or relevance or perceived interest.

Status
Please reply by conversation.