"No Dial Tone Detected" HELP!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

infamousricky

Original poster
Aug 15, 2005
I have a DirectTV DVR R10 and I have a phone jack right next to the DVR which is connected to it. I was able to connect in the initial setup but never again. I've used DSL filters, no filters, I've disabled my DSL, tried calling customer service, but the DVR says "no dial tone detected". I have even tried switching cables to a shorter one. No luck! What else can I do? Is this happening to anyone else??

Thanks

Try doing a hard reset on the DVR..... first......open the access card door and hit the red reset button......if that doesn't solve your dial out problems.....then while the DVR is running, unplug it, leave it unplugged for a few mins....then plug it up......the modem may just need to be reset.....if that doesn't work......you may need a new DVR

if your close to any kind of interference, it can cause it to not dial out.......try changing your dialing options around......if you put #034 and a comma in front of your dial out number.....that may delay it enough to still dial out

None of these things are working. I keep traying different methods, and nothing. I was able to connect 15 days ago, but not since. I doubt is the DVR and the connection hasn't been changed. Any other suggestions? Thanks

I have the same issue. While your tivo says it's dialing, pick up the headset or turn on your speakerphone....listen for the modem to pick up and dial. After it dials, hang up the phone. It won't fix your problem of no dial tone, but it should complete your call in case you need a firmware update.

infamousricky said:
I have a DirectTV DVR R10 and I have a phone jack right next to the DVR which is connected to it. I was able to connect in the initial setup but never again. I've used DSL filters, no filters, I've disabled my DSL, tried calling customer service, but the DVR says "no dial tone detected". I have even tried switching cables to a shorter one. No luck! What else can I do? Is this happening to anyone else??

Thanks
put a phone on that individual jack, and make sure the installer didn't inadvertantly disconnect it while hooking up another room's phone . . i've seen it too often to discount the possibility . .

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)