No Existing Sub can get Turbo HD?

I just did a chat with a CSR and she told me if you have HD Absolute you will get your RSN on 8/1 when the Turbo packages are available for new customers. I dont know if she knows or is full of BS.

I just did a chat with a CSR and she told me if you have HD Absolute you will get your RSN on 8/1 when the Turbo packages are available for new customers. I dont know if she knows or is full of BS.

Did you ever get your response back from the ceo email? I emailed the ceo myself the other day about when my rsn MSG would be available in HD and haven't got a response back. Buffalo Sabres games are available in hd on MSG-HD on TWC and D*, but not E*. If they don't make msg-hd available by mid september, I will be forced to switch to D*.

Did you ever get your response back from the ceo email? I emailed the ceo myself the other day about when my rsn MSG would be available in HD and haven't got a response back. Buffalo Sabres games are available in hd on MSG-HD on TWC and D*, but not E*. If they don't make msg-hd available by mid september, I will be forced to switch to D*.

I have not heard back from CEO. I just want to know for sure about the RSN's on HD absolute.

No change at all the new packages are for new subscribers only.

However the HD only package is also going away, you wont be able to order it on August 1st. (But if you have it your grandfathered) :)

Sigh. I wanted to jump on the Turbo Platinum package once my new customer pricing was up (since if I did it now, I'd probably lose my credits and it'd end up costing me more per month). Nice to know Dish is making this impossible for me to do in a few months. Platinum plus locals and DVR would have been perfect (right now I'm on Dish DVR Advantage + AT250 upgrade + HD Essentials). Since everything I want is in the new Platinum package, it would save me $20/mo! :mad:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
john pasicznyk: no no, im interested in changing my programming to HD absolute package, but wondering if the regional sports networks will be added to that package in the future
john pasicznyk: i know that on aug 1, the TurboHD service will have RSNs included, but want to know if HD absolute is going to get the RSN added as well
(03) Susan J: Regional Spots Network will not be added to the absolute pack in future.
john pasicznyk: so i will not be able to get the big ten network at all if I change my programming to HD absolute
(03) Susan J: You will be able to view the Big Ten Network if you have the absolute pack.
(03) Susan J: Please have a glance at this link to know what are the HD channels available in HD.
(03) Susan J: DISH Network -- Dish HD
john pasicznyk: Big ten network is considered a regional sports network though. so you just said RSN would nto be added to aboslute HD, but then said I could watch big ten network
(03) Susan J: I am sorry for the misinformation.
(03) Susan J: HD Absolute pack includes the RSNs.
(03) Susan J: If the game is available in HD only you will be able to view it in HD.
(03) Susan J: Is there anything else I can assist you with?
john pasicznyk: Will that take effect August 1? Because on the link you provided, I do not see RSNs included
(03) Susan J: Yes, you are correct.
john pasicznyk: okay great. thank you very much this helps me very much

as you can see, it sounds like yes RSNs will be included with HD absolute come aug 1. which makes this very interesting for me.

I currently have AEP + HD essentials and locals and a 2nd DVR and pay 130 a month. HD absolute, plus HBO and Cinemax and locals, 2nd DVR would be around 75. Since I basically watch only HD channels, this makes so much sense for me its scary.
May as well switch now, since if RSNs arent included come august, ill just switch back to a lower package.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
john pasicznyk: no no, im interested in changing my programming to HD absolute package, but wondering if the regional sports networks will be added to that package in the future
john pasicznyk: i know that on aug 1, the TurboHD service will have RSNs included, but want to know if HD absolute is going to get the RSN added as well
(03) Susan J: Regional Spots Network will not be added to the absolute pack in future.
john pasicznyk: so i will not be able to get the big ten network at all if I change my programming to HD absolute
(03) Susan J: You will be able to view the Big Ten Network if you have the absolute pack.
(03) Susan J: Please have a glance at this link to know what are the HD channels available in HD.
(03) Susan J: DISH Network -- Dish HD
john pasicznyk: Big ten network is considered a regional sports network though. so you just said RSN would nto be added to aboslute HD, but then said I could watch big ten network
(03) Susan J: I am sorry for the misinformation.
(03) Susan J: HD Absolute pack includes the RSNs.
(03) Susan J: If the game is available in HD only you will be able to view it in HD.
(03) Susan J: Is there anything else I can assist you with?
john pasicznyk: Will that take effect August 1? Because on the link you provided, I do not see RSNs included
(03) Susan J: Yes, you are correct.
john pasicznyk: okay great. thank you very much this helps me very much

as you can see, it sounds like yes RSNs will be included with HD absolute come aug 1. which makes this very interesting for me.

I currently have AEP + HD essentials and locals and a 2nd DVR and pay 130 a month. HD absolute, plus HBO and Cinemax and locals, 2nd DVR would be around 75. Since I basically watch only HD channels, this makes so much sense for me its scary.
May as well switch now, since if RSNs arent included come august, ill just switch back to a lower package.
[/FONT]

Ok. That is the second time a CSR's is saying RSN's will be included. The problem is I dont usually believe regular CSR's. Scott, please find out what the truth is for us before it is too late. By the way, Susan J. is also who I chatted with.

Last edited:
August 1 there will be no change in HD Absolute, except that it is no longer available for new subscription by anyone, and the new HD channels will be added.

NO RSN's.

August 1 there will be no change in HD Absolute, except that it is no longer available for new subscription by anyone, and the new HD channels will be added.

NO RSN's.

I do not think anyone can say that for sure. That probably includes DISH. They have CSR's telling us they are going to be included on 8/1. You cannot get a straight answer from them and their press releases are totally unclear at times. I agree we probably wont have them added but who knows. It still makes no sense why New Customers can get a HD only PAK w/ RSN but we cant with HD Absolute and we are precluded from getting TURBO.

Perhaps Dish is trying to keep the release of the RSNs to HD Absolute a secret so as to stem a tide of people switching from more expensive packs to absolute. Along with Comedy Central and channels for the kids, RSNs are one of the big things blocking people from going HD only.

Dish has sent out memos to retailers detailing what I have iterated.

HD Absolute is grandfathered unchanged and the new channels will be added to it as they become active.

Look at post #56 here:

Email from Dish on Turbo HD re: current customers - Page 3 - DBSTalk.Com

I don't know where the drivel about RSN's being added to HD Absolute came from (aside from the confused CSR) but it is unsubstantiated.

I too would be elated if it were true, but there is so little to base any hopes on and it contradicts all other substantiated evidence.

Dish has sent out memos to retailers detailing what I have iterated.

HD Absolute is grandfathered unchanged and the new channels will be added to it as they become active.

Look at post #56 here:

Email from Dish on Turbo HD re: current customers - Page 3 - DBSTalk.Com

I don't know where the drivel about RSN's being added to HD Absolute came from (aside from the confused CSR) but it is unsubstantiated.

I too would be elated if it were true, but there is so little to base any hopes on and it contradicts all other substantiated evidence.

OK. Here is some more drivel for you. This guy says DISH has changed its policy on the TURBO HD PAKS. It took me a while but read thru this.

03) Matthew M: Thank you for choosing Dish Network the leader in HD and DVR. I will be happy to assist you today. Please give me 2-3 minutes to access your account and review the information you have already provided.
Jimmy Junkin: ok
(03) Matthew M: Thank you for your patience.
(03) Matthew M: Let me inform you that HD Absolute package is available up to 7/31/2008.
(03) Matthew M: You can add this package on or before 7/31/2008.
Jimmy Junkin: I am aware of that
(03) Matthew M: Yes, starting August 1st you can be Turbo-Charged and get the benefits and features of TurboHD for as little as $10 a month with our BronzeHD, SilverHD or GoldHD packages. If you are upgrading to HD or already have an HD package you can get more than 100 HD channels, award-winning HD receivers and the best HD programming and service
(03) Matthew M: Let me inform you that existing customer can also subscribe to the above HD packages.
Jimmy Junkin: Has that just changed because I have been told that it is for new subs only.
Jimmy Junkin: I was also told today that RSN"s would be added to HD Absolute on 8/1.
(03) Matthew M: I understand your concern.
(03) Matthew M: You can subscribe to any one of the new HD packages after 8/1/2008.
Jimmy Junkin: I am talking about the HD only packages,
Jimmy Junkin: The HD only packages that include the RSN's. I believe Turbo Gold DVR Advantage is 49.99.
Jimmy Junkin: If you want Platinum it is 10 dollars more.
(03) Matthew M: Yes, you are correct.
(03) Matthew M: However as of now we don't have any proper information on that.
(03) Matthew M: Our web site will be updated as and when this packages are added. I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.
Jimmy Junkin: So, DISH has changed its policy and is letting existing subscribers get the new Turbo Hd packages on 8/1.
(03) Matthew M: Yes, you are correct.
(03) Matthew M: Is there anything else I can assist you with?
Jimmy Junkin: Did this just happen today?
(03) Matthew M: As of now we don't have any information about this.
Jimmy Junkin: I just want to be clear because I am thinking of changing and want to know all my options.
(03) Matthew M: Our web site will be updated as and when this packages are added. I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.
(03) Matthew M: I request you to call us back within a week.
Jimmy Junkin: So you are not sure then about existing subs being able to get the Turbo Paks?
(03) Matthew M: I am sure, this offer is for the new customers as well as for the existing customer.
(03) Matthew M: Is there anything else I can assist you with?
Jimmy Junkin: Ok. I am glad DISH has changed its tune on this for existing subs. Thanks.
(03) Matthew M: You're very welcome.
(03) Matthew M: Thank you for using Dish Network Live Chat, have a great day. I will now be ending this chat session.
Jimmy Junkin: Goodbye
Thank you for visiting Dish Network. You may now close this window.

I just got pretty much the same information... I'm currently on DishPause while my new house is being built (should be finished within a month), and wanted to switch to HD Absolute before it went away if I was unable to get the new TurboHD packages.

I was told that current HD Absolute subscribers would be charged the new TurboHD price and that I would still be able to subscribe to TurboHD eventhough I am an existing customer... Below is the pertinent part of my chat...

browerjs: do you know if the new turbo HD packages are only for new subscribers?
(03) Diana B: Yes, the existing customers will be charged the Turbo charge.
browerjs: so if I don't make the change now, I'll be able to sign up for Turbo when I move?
(03) Diana B: That's correct.
(03) Diana B: Do you have anymore questions for me?
browerjs: ok, thanks for all the info. I'll just leave my account paused for now then.
(03) Diana B: Thank you for using Dish Network Live Chat, have a great day. I will now be ending this chat session.

Dish CSRs have no clue, and will tell you anything to get you off the phone. You can change your programming online, without ever having to talk to them.

Dish CSRs have no clue, and will tell you anything to get you off the phone. You can change your programming online, without ever having to talk to them.

Not true. I can't change my programming online. It tells me to call. I also know CSR's are full of it but they should not be telling customers things if they do not know them to be true. This whole thing has really ticked me off about the Turbo and DISH being totally a second rate company by the way they are handling it. I am getting closer to switching to D*. :mad:

oh yea, I just switched to absolute and forgot all about comedy central :(

This was the only "loss" for me.. but I catch full episodes of "The Daily Show" on their website... so its a very acceptable loss for the tremendous value (IMO) of the HD Absolute pkg.

Not true. I can't change my programming online. It tells me to call. I also know CSR's are full of it but they should not be telling customers things if they do not know them to be true. This whole thing has really ticked me off about the Turbo and DISH being totally a second rate company by the way they are handling it. I am getting closer to switching to D*. :mad:

I just switched my package on-line the night before last.

I am going to stick with what I have and not switch to HD Absolute. I just do not want to lose my RSN and Big 10 HD that I get with multi sport. I will switch to all HD when and if they let us get the Turbo PAKS. If they do not by the time my contract is up in Feb. I might be a new D* customer.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)